Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 20 - 08:39:26
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
The ability to recall mail Started by: Stiffler on Feb 27, '23 21:24

No idea if this has already been suggested, I’ve looked through a few pages on the forum and can’t find it.

I think everyone should have the ability to recall mail sent, in case it was sent in error or had a mistake in it. If not everyone, then this should at least be a feature for upper structures who deal with sensitive conversations almost daily.

And before people start saying Uppers should be more careful with their mails and blah blah blah - shut up and jog on. People play this game and it’s people who make mistakes everyday - also, devices and the internet have a fine way of doing whatever they want sometimes, it seems!

I’ve no clue if it’s easy to implement and all the other jazz as I’m not tech savvy.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

I equate sending mail to the mail service we currently have IRL. If you mail it, you can't take it back.

I could see a notice popping up such as "are you sure you want to send this mail?" that is available to be toggled on in the options area OR something like that. People do often read what they have written before sending.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

People play this game and it’s people who make mistakes everyday

And what is the argument for taking away the ability to make a mistake?

Imo, the potential of making a mistake through an oopsie and causing an accidental leak of information with all the chaos and panic that may or may not ensue is interesting.

I think the ability to undo such a mistake does not make things more interesting or exciting.

Report Post Tip

And what about the mail you send electronically on Gmail, Outlook etc? Miles_of_Style 

What we send here on MR is electronic mail, such as the providers used above. It's not sent through the post or via an owl. Surely it makes more sense to "equate" it to something similar, rather than something further removed?

Report Post Tip

I think that's actually quite an interesting way of looking at it BilboFareham to be honest.

I think it depends on what we want to be and do, do we want to be able to send electronic mail with the most up to date forms of technology, or do we want to be able to make it like you suggest.

When at work, you wouldn't allow an accidental leak of information, or an incorrect mail be sent, you would just recall it - so why should it be different here?

Report Post Tip

Are you saying you can take back elextronically sent mail? I can't. Once it is sent, it is sent.

Report Post Tip
That's what I'm saying. You can recall mail that's already been sent, even you - pending on what software you use...
Report Post Tip

stiffler wouldn't you compare mobmail as a letter of sorts?

Report Post Tip

Malcon-Tucker, in relation to the term of “this thing of ours”, then yes I would, with it sticking to the role playing aspect of the game. That being said though, how far do we push that envelope? Just when it suits? Considering to access the website, we use technology not even invented in the days we’re meant to be role playing.

If you were to compare mob mail to a letter of sorts, shouldn’t it not take some time to reach mailboxes? Rather than it being instant? Me personally, I would find it hard to compare something to a letter, when it functions in every way like an email.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: The ability to recall mail
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL