Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 16:23:56
Help
2 Watchers
Page:  1 
Bug Reports? Started by: DreaD on Mar 16, '23 15:43

Is there any reward for bug reporting? :D I've found a few in the days I've been here.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

Also how should I go about reporting them? Do I message help desk or should I DM someone specifically?

Report Post Tip

I will give you a high five! What have you found?! You should probably mail them to HelpDesk

Report Post Tip

Wasn't anything critical... It was just a bad link that I couldn't remember where it was and something else that may be a feature but... seemed odd :D

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Bug Reporting

If you happen to find a bug during your stay in this world, please follow these procedures to report it.

There are three types of problems you could encounter: Fatal Errors, Warnings, or Logic Errors.

When PHP throws a fatal error, the page will FAIL to execute properly.  An error message will be printed to the page. (note: I'm considering parse errors fatal errors.)  In general, these errors occur during updates to the site and have a lifespan of less than five minutes.  As such, it is important that you wait a few minutes before reporting these.  If you can't replicate these errors after waiting a few minutes, they're probably fixed.

When the game detects a problem, it may throw a fatal error or a warning.  All warnings and [User] Fatal Errors automatically mobmail a bug report to Administrator.  You may or may not notice any weird behavior when one of these errors is encountered.  If you notice anything out of the ordinary, please send a mobmail to Administrator.

Logic Errors are errors that are caused by the a bad piece of code.  In most cases, a logic error will not throw an error message.  The free bodyguard bug we recently found is an example of a Logic Error.  Please use discretion when reporting these; a money glitch should definitely not be posted in the forums, as malicious users will take advantage of it (and then I'll have to terminate their accounts).  If you notice a logic error, no matter how large or small, report it by mobmailing Administrator.

If you're not sure whether or not a problem should be reported, just go ahead and report it.  I would rather receive 1000 mobmails about a particular problem than leave the problem unfixed.

In general, the most reliable way to contact a game Administrator is to send a Mobmail to Administrator.  All of the gods can read mail sent to that username.  If the problem is time sensitive, you might also want to report it via IRC. (click on 'Chat' in the comm tab.)  If you're not sure what to do, or whom to speak with, try asking around; chances are there will be someone online who can direct you to the appropriate persons.

Report Post Tip

Thank you! [:

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: Bug Reports?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL