Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 19 - 01:07:20
Game Suggestions
1 Watchers
Page:  1 
Late Game Raid - NPC Raids Started by: FutureStealer on Mar 24, '23 12:43

Ok, so let me preface that I understand this idea could use some refinement and I'm willing to take some time to map it out a bit better but I want to get a feel for how people think about it before I kill myself laying it out.  So:

What is your idea?

Introduce a weekly 'raiding' system similar to other MMO's.  Essentially let a crew (crews?) sign up for an NPC raid that lasts some number of days and spawns in some location dependent on the difficulty level.  If completed in time the participants receive rewards (creds, perks, etc)

Has your idea already been suggested in some form or another before? (Check the Suggestions forum for past threads with ideas the same or similar to yours.)

I don't think so, I know we have the durden raids for the BGs, but this is different.

What does your idea entail?

So I think a lot of the bones of this are already in place.  We already have the ability to spawn NPC crews in specific locations, so I think you could utilize this system.

How can your idea be successfully implemented into the game as it stands?

I think this fits in quite well and gives a good reason to log on after building your character.  It also would hopefully promote crews building up individuals to be able to complete these raids.

What major changes would be needed to make your idea work?

This would be a new system, with signups etc.  Tbh I'm not sure fully on this and I'd be happy to hammer out more details if people like this idea.

What is the positive impact of your idea?

I think this hits a few things. 

1) Right now, once your account is built there aren't a lot of great reasons to log on if your main goal is building.  So this introduces some late game mechanics that are not just shooting other people.

2) With the distance matter changes (and any number of other wack changes) it is very hard to get a read on your gun.  If you added the extra mechanics to some higher levels of the raid you'd be able to do some testing of your gun without having a full training dummy or anything like that.

3) If the rewards are good, crews will want to participate.  In order to succeed they will need active members.  So hopefully this will help promote building up new players that may not be as comfortable.

What is the negative impact of your idea?

It is a larger new system, so there's potentially some coding troubles.  The economy is already a little borked so you'd want to be careful to tread the line of the prizes being good but not insane.

How may your idea affect the rest of the userbase?

Hopefully it creates more reasons to play late, and help new people build up.  Everyone would have chances at creds and perks even if they don't have the money to participate in cred sales.  I think overall it would be a good thing.

Report Post Tips: 15 / Total: $300,000 Tip

Update, had some really nice convo's in main. Thanks all.  I think there's enough interest for me to detail this out a bit.  I'll work on it but feel free to put any thoughts you have in here.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

I'd imagine most, not all veterans will have enough credits, cash and perks to last many goes.

Could the prizes be extra boosts to wack, defence, stealth and be distributed out between the team by the leader that carries the raids but also on the flip side if the raids are failed then negatives will be taken away from the player and the team decide who takes these on after time runs out.

A way for CLs to help there crew boost there stats quicker and hopefully get the CLs more active as it is those people who need to start the raids

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I really like this.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

+1. Especially if there’s a way to really include the lower ranking people/people still building. Maybe an enrage timer on the leader of the NPC crew that would require people to take pro shots. Or if the NPC crews shoot BGs like the current ones, during the raid BGs can only be repaired by a type of crew earnings, based on actual crimes done during the raid not just banked credits.

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Late Game Raid - NPC Raids
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL