Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 01:34:17
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
ADMIN COMP Postcards from the edge Exp Oct 31 Started by: Squishy on Sep 16, '11 18:15

The MR Office is looking to decorate a wall with Postcards.

You will get 1 credit for every post card received. You must be mademan or above at the time of sending. You can get a maximum of 5 credits during this competition. Each postcard has to be different.

Each postcard must be from your home town, or somewhere close, and postmarked from the location that it is of. (Example being that I can't send one from the Grand Canyon, yet live and send it from Philadelphia. I could however send one of Philadelphia from my hometown in the suburbs of Philly)

Each one has to be postmarked, and handwritten individually.

"You can get a maximum of 5 credits during this competition."

That means you, as a person, creating new master accounts or making accounts after you die, does not restart the 5 credit limit. :)

Write it as follows:

Character
City - Rank
Crew

AND a random quote that applies to MR. (Could be a game message, or something original, as long as it applies to MR)

Sample:
=======================
TheWildCard
CH - Boss
Roman

Oops! Did you forget that you aren't on your dupe account?
=======================

The address to send it to is:

Scott Keenan
112 Union Street - FL2
Mount Holly, NJ 08060
United States

This contest will no longer reward post cards with postmark dates AFTER October 31st. (Meaning, if I get it on November 8th, but it is dated October 27th, it will still count)

When the wall is fully decorated, a picture will be taken. :)

Report Post Tip

It will be amazing for a list to be provided as well of all the cities they came from!

Report Post Tip

Sounds fun, but what is the relevance of having to be Made Man?

Report Post Tip

This will cut down on dupe checks having to be done. By putting a mademan clause on it (which is very easy to get in 1.5 months) it means there is a decent amount of work needed to get to that level, which cuts back on the amount of we have to do to double check we are not giving credits to 38 different dupes.

Report Post Tip

I may toss in some extras for the first 3 different people from each country. (Tita, that means you can take your time...)

Just throwing that out there :)

Report Post Tip

ok np, thankyou.

Report Post Tip

really good idea, i'll pick one up tomorrow and fire it off

Report Post Tip

i actually don't like the mademan clause. dupe check notwithstanding, it means that my ability to compete, is not decided by me. if my CL holds me back, i'm shit out of luck.

Report Post Tip

As an OOC contest, I do agree Rank shouldn't apply, as Rank is a game side of things. OOC everyone is an equal, whether we act like it or not.

I do however see the reason behind it as it is to stop admins having to do loads of extra dupe checks.

Report Post Tip

Maybe the Rank clause can be satisfied if we make it a "Wise Guy" clause. Still a bit of work, but there is no problem with being help back.

And Scott... "(Tita, that means you can take your time...)"

There are people from other countries playing too! :(

:p

Report Post Tip

How to send postcards? :/

Sadly I am not in awesome Cambridge so you will have to do with a picture of Worcester Cathedral! I've half a box of tampons too if you need to be plugged Scott!

Report Post Tip

"i actually don't like the mademan clause. dupe check notwithstanding, it means that my ability to compete, is not decided by me. if my CL holds me back, i'm shit out of luck."

If you are being held back from your crew leader for a length of time, despite earning mademan XP the hard way, I'll take that into consideration and allow the entry.

Report Post Tip

awesome i'[ll find a way 

Report Post Tip

I was all gun ho on this venture until i went to four different stores this am and couldnt find post cards

ill really have to look harder now

Report Post Tip

Could be a daft question;

If I put the postcard in an envelope, does it still count?

Report Post Tip

Sure, I'll take a postcard in an envelope.

Please, no anthrax, kthx.

Report Post Tip

"I was all gun ho on this venture until i went to four different stores this am and couldnt find post cards"

I think I am starting to show my age... Postcards are getting phased out eh?

Whats next?

ADMIN COMP: Rotary Phone Challenge!

Report Post Tip

After a bit of tit for tat regarding envelopes, would a picture count?

Like making your own postcard of your street, town etc?

Report Post Tip

is their a mleage radius for what you call somewhere close, as i live in hillbilly territory but cities about 30 mins away in the car?

Report Post Tip

Yeah, if you live in the middle of nowhere, its no problem to use one from a major city near you. 2-3 hour drive, nfp!

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: ADMIN COMP Postcards from the edge Exp Oct 31
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL