Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 15:45:13
Page:  1 
The days are long and the nights are cold. Started by: Spunktrumpet on Sep 19, '11 13:47

Walking down side streets, sitting slightly back from the main Detroit roads is a laundrette.  The sign above it simply reads Grossi’s with hand painted Italian and American flags on either side. 

In the window, apart from the usual prices and opening times is a small brass statue.  It’s a small monkey with a couple of balls wrapped under its tail.  A small inscription on the base reads “Cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey”

The front of the laundrette is a busy, noisy enterprise with washing machines and tumble driers churning out load after load of clean washing for the good people of Detroit.  Just occasionally though, stout men in flashy suits can be observed walking around in the background.

With all the rumours of mob involvement in Italian enterprise in Detroit, this friendly place couldn’t possibly be involved could it?

Spunky can be seen chatting to two burly looking associates.  Laughter breaks out sporadically when Klasky joins the huddle.  He gives a Spunky a nod at which point Spunky looks in a mirror, adjusts his tie and strolls outside the front of Grossi’s

Good afternoon.  Today, Godmother Alabama has given me the blessing to expand the criminal powerbase of Detroit with the creation of The Brass Monkeys.  This is in homage to both my trumpet like nature and capabilities as well as the fact that winter in this fine city can be cold enough to freeze the balls off anything, not just that monkey in the window.

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank not just Alabama but Jessica as well for all the help and guidance she’s given me in ensuring I’m ready to take this opportunity.  If you’d like to come through to the back room, I have Klasky dressed as a waitress and hes more than happy to tend to your every whim. 

Klasky teeters through on a pair of high heels, carrying a tray of drinks and haggis balls.  Spunky pats him on the ass to keep him moving.

Report Post Tip

Klasky, what have I told you about wearing my heels!! Only on a friday damnit...

Alabama turns to SpunkTrumpet

I'm pleased to be able to afford you this oppertunity. Having already worked hard for me and then for Jessica in our respective families I know you'll go on to work even harder as your own person and prove yourself.

Congratulations, you truly deserve it.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations sir.

Report Post Tip

congrats bro!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations SpunkTrumpet, I'd stick around longer to help celebrate the accomplishment with you and Klasky, but bleach couldn't remove the stains you left on the walls, so I'm off to try to find something stronger to make that office survivable.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations on behalf of Philadelphia

Report Post Tip

Congratulations, hon. You will be a fine leader.

Jessica raises her glass of whiskey in salute

Report Post Tip

Stay warm, and good luck!

Report Post Tip

Tripping over for the 5th time in Alabama's Heels, Klasky curses the bet he placed with Spunktrumpet about "I'll wear dress the day you become crewleader"

Bloody shoes, I should be used to them by now, how many times have I told you 'bama not to say opportunity with a huge grin on your face, it just doesn't sound right.

Anyway, while I have the chance between waiting tables, Spunky, you've been an absolute pleasure working in Detroit and this is quite simply where, hard work, honesty...ahem and loyalty gets you.

I've always wondered though shere your name originates and if it has any particular meaning?

Snickering, he moves over to clean table number 5, where fat Chuckle has made a right mess with some pork cops and sirloins.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Spunktrumpet... i'll be sure to pack an extra pair of long-johns next time i'm passing through to combat that harsh winter weather

Report Post Tip

Thank you all for your kinds words.

Klasky, since you ask, my father Pedro "No-Lips" McGoo was an accomplished pianist however due to his unfortunate affliction he could never play his favourite instrument, the euphonium.

When I was born he wanted to name his kids after musical instruments but he didn't really know how to spell so euphonium was out.  He could only really spell tuba and trumpet.  My dour and miserable elder sister is called Subduedtuba.  I was quite lively in the womb, so he called me Spunktrumpet.

Report Post Tip

I heard strong Irish coffee helps in nights like that. Cheers and good luck!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations, Spunktrumpet!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Spunktrumpet!! I'm so very excited to see you given this opportunity. I know you're going to be brilliant!!

Report Post Tip

Congrats!! Spunktrumpet, I wish the family well.

Report Post Tip

Hound walks up to SpunkTrumpet and extends his hand,

Mr. Spunktrumpet, Congtatulations on your family my friend, I wish you well in your endeavours.

Salute my friend.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The days are long and the nights are cold.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL