Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 04:30:34
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: BGs shot with trained guns Started by: Squishy on Sep 23, '11 00:36

We have a new change going live in the next few hours. Previously, regardless of how big your gun was or how steady your aim, you could only kill one bodyguard at a time. Even if the bodyguard standing in front of you was walking on his last leg (1hp), you used an entire shot on one target.

Now if you wield an ample gun with skill to match, you are able to do a full BG's worth of damage. What this means is if the first BG is not trained, whatever left over damage may carry on from your shot to wound the 2nd BG. (If all your BG's are at 1 hp, it still stops at the 2nd BG however). Collateral damage to a 2nd BG will be of no real consequence unless they are very low health to begin with, or if they are being waved (the 1 minute window "same target" aspect).

Feel free to play around with the feature so that you know its limits and its best strategies. While I will not get into detail about the math behind it, I will say that in all but extreme cases, the 2nd BG is merely wounded.

Report Post Tip

This feature is now live.

Report Post Tip

So in theory, if your gun is so big, you could blow through one bg at 100 health and still wound the 2nd bg?

Report Post Tip

"What this means is if the first BG is not trained, whatever left over damage may carry on from your shot to wound the 2nd BG. "

At max you can do 100 damage. So not the way I read it, Kriminal. If you get a full shot on a bg with 99 health, then you will do 1 damage to the next one.

Report Post Tip

"able to a full bg's worth of damage" okay yeah got it.  I'm retarded.

Report Post Tip

I wanna be able to shoot 400 BG with one gun.

BIG HONKIN GUN THE SIZE OF MAH HOUSE!

Report Post Tip

I mean in a real life situation that is plausible hahaha

Report Post Tip

So how will this effect the effectiveness of your gun. Previously i belive that a BG kill was somewere between 0.5 to 0.66 of a kill, if you manage to find a BG that has, say 5 hp left you kill that and then kill 95 hp of the next BG, does that still go down as 1 BG kill, or 2,  how does the math work on that, were you effective gun total is concerned.

If that makes sense.

Report Post Tip

I think that is what Squishy meant by "feel free to play around with the feature" orion.

Coupled with the slightly increased likelihood of getting spotted if you're on the enemies turf (i.e. lots of them about) I think this could be a very interesting change to the game dynamic.

Looking forward to seeing how both of these options are utilised.

~C~

Report Post Tip

Ok, read it properly, no need to reply. thanks.

Report Post Tip

Thank you chuckle, that reply was not aimed at you pal. I wrote it before i saw anyone reply. thank you tho.

Report Post Tip

Excellent and very much realistic, couple of good quick changes Squishy, good work!!

Report Post Tip

You can have a big gun but this senerio will only triger if your character is skillful enough. After you take your shot at the bg if that shot is a kill shot then it checks to see if the character is skillful enough to triger the event if the character is then it checks how much wack the character has and if the character has enough wack then it goes back to skill and based on that is the likely hood of how much damage the shooter will do to the second body guard if any.

Report Post Tip

This is a very good game change and should be quite useful when fully utilised.

Report Post Tip

"If all your BG's are at 1 hp, it still stops at the 2nd BG however"

By "stop" it means there is no possible way a 2nd BG dies in one shot, right? The way I read it, if they are indeed all at 1hp, in that case you only kill one and no damage carries over since it would have to mean a kill. Is this correct?

Report Post Tip

yes Mr Axe, this is what i`ve got as well..

Report Post Tip

Axe, speak with your HSL or anyone else who may have experience with testing this feature to figure it out. I know quite a few people have played with it to figure out all the nuances, so it may be as simple as asking around. The admins, however, are staying tight lipped on this one, sorry :(

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: BGs shot with trained guns
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL