Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 09:55:38
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
GAME CHANGE: Gunshots turn heads. Started by: Squishy on Sep 23, '11 00:49

A nondescript personal such as the following is sent out under certain circumstances with BG wacking.

"As you walk away from the table where you had just been chatting with your co-worker, you hear a gunshot go off, and see one of their bodyguards fall!"

This is triggered in only the following scenario:

If someone's bg is shot at, it checks to see if there is a crew mate of the victim in the same city and very very recently active, if so, it sends the personal to the most recently active crew mate in the same city.

If there is NOT a person from the same crew in the same city very recently active, no witness is sent out.

The witness does not see anything, just notes the time and that that a gunshot was heard. No names are revealed.

Feel free to play with the feature so that you can learn the strategies of how to use this to your advantage.

Report Post Tip

This feature is now live.

Report Post Tip

Outstanding news. Myself and another discussed a possible feature extremely similar to this, clearly you were already miles ahead of us in that regard!

Report Post Tip

This is an excellent idea adds a dose of realism whilst giving the prospective shooter something else to think about.

Would the NPMs of the crew, if active and in the city, pick up this personal also?

Report Post Tip

I think it's only fair to give some feedback here.

Excellent implemtation Squishy, good job, in fact I had said to Alabama almost somwthing exactly like this just last night, though she will try to take the credit...ah she already has.

Report Post Tip

Love it.

It isnt the same as regular shooting, still a lot of work that needs to be done but also makes it a little less safe to shoot bg's then how it is has been.

Great work admins!

Report Post Tip

I wonder why the Godfathers are so keen on this idea - hmm,...

Report Post Tip

So basicly it just alearts your fellow family member that a bg was shot, but know on can get identified... 

Report Post Tip

TheMessenger, stop trying to start shit. 

Report Post Tip

"So basicly it just alearts your fellow family member that a bg was shot, but know on can get identified... "

Right, no names are mentioned.

Report Post Tip

hmmm phill

yeah bob

i think you bodyguard was shot.

yeah bob thanks for letting me know something i already knew any chance you seen the guy.

Negative phill just heard a gun go off and your guy on the ground

dammit your no use to me bob  *bob crys in the corner for his uselessness*

Report Post Tip

Am i the only one that doesn't agree whatsoever with this new feature?

A) This is giving even more protection to those with BG's, sorry but aren't we supposed to be looking at reducing/capping BG numbers?

B) Person A has 350 BG's but luckily one fellow crew member (whoever catches the WS) happens to know all 350 of his friends BG's and instantly recognises the dead BG. Throw me a fucking bone will you. Unrealistic.

C) I remember back in the day when people would stealth BG kill their enemies, sometimes leading to wars on the suspected party. So now we are taking out another reason friction to be caused. Excellent, now we get to live even longer :/

D) SomeDude catches the WS but has no idea who took the shot. Erm...what's the point in that? The best you can do is wake the BG owner up or pass it on.

This is not me being bitter against those who have BG's, i have a fair few myself. I just think silly little features like this take a little more enjoyment/mystery out of the game. Terrible addition to the game.

Report Post Tip

Thor, i kinda agree pal. The counter measure that are already inplace before this game change are pretty much the same process as this. What happens is you can either have someone sitting on the 60 sec list and copying it at short intervals to get the names of all online accounts or you do this  if your online when and your bg is shot at.

Through process of elimination and finding a common name of an account that happens to be on at all the shot times is the only way to "find" the BG shooter.

All this Gams change does is aid that process, and maybe take out the first of the scenario's, or at least not put so much emphasis on it. As a ws is sent out, then you can gain the 60 sec list based off the time of the ws.

Report Post Tip

I think Squishy said that if a person is very recently active, then they may hear a shot. They don't know who it is on or who fired it.

This requires them to either find out who potentially could have been shot at (from anyone who is active or not I guess) and then to determine what they could do about it. It doesn't seem to me like this will definitely ruin BG stealth wacking and does little more than an IRC notification currently does. Hopefully if the IRC notification is removed and replaced with this, people will be forced to be less reliant on external tools aiding them playing the game.

This is also coupled with the ability to potentially harm more than 1 BG at a time, which I think gives more of an advantage to killing BGs than this removes.

~C~

Report Post Tip

the only threat it really poses is if the person is online at the time of the shot dont really see what difference it makes if there was a chance to see the shooter then it makes a difference, And yeah in days gone past there have been wars fought over BG wacking which would depend on the CL wether he condones said crewmembers actions, I personally cant see any CL worth his /Her salt condoneing any such action. Anyone stupid enough to wack someone elses bg and gets caught are not only putting themselves at risk but there entire family i personally think that there should be a chance to see the assailent.

Report Post Tip

Just a little addition to this maybe Squishy...

When a person dies, maybe the message gets turned off? Kriminal has died and people are shooting his BG's, but the people in his former family are getting their personals flooded with these statements.

Report Post Tip

I didnt think about that Voodoo yes please make shure that is included i dont want a flooded personal lol

Report Post Tip

"When a person dies, maybe the message gets turned off? Kriminal has died and people are shooting his BG's, but the people in his former family are getting their personals flooded with these statements.

Aye, looks like an oversight on our part, it should be fixed soon.

Report Post Tip

Hmmm iv had a few bgs killed now but aloy have been when i have been offline or gone and havnt logged out... this gives oppertunity for a family member.to copy locals list and copy 60seconds list? Makes it a lil bit easier finding out tbh

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME CHANGE: Gunshots turn heads.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL