Get Timers Now!
X

Mar 28 - 14:44:45
Game Suggestions
2 Watchers
Page:  1 
Atonement Started by: Brother_Fredo_CSPO on May 09, '23 01:11

I suggest that after a kill of a real player, the killer has a new screen called Atonement. They must indicate why they killed the player and there are two possible choices. 

A) The player broke a crew rule. The killer (assuming they are a leader) need not describe in detail the rule and situation. But should clearly indicate the rule according to their crew rules. If there is indeed a rule, then all is well and killing will be deemed justified by the gods (more on that below)

B) The player is a enemy combatant. Given that a war has been declared, the killer should indicate which war declaration their killing falls under. As long as the war declaration exists and the player that was killed was included, then all is well and killing is deemed justified. 

No killing should be reviewed by an admin unless the victim opts to "Attempt To Haunt" their killer. If they press this button, they must provide a short explanation as to why they feel their killing was unjustified. They can not create a new character until the admins have reviewed the situation. The admin should see the reason that the killer posted, confirm if it is justified accordingly to the criteria above. The leader's word to broken rules is taken unless the victim offers compelling evidence otherwise. 

If a killing is deemed unjust, a ghost is added to the killers profile metrics. If any player receives more than 3 (?) ghosts, the admins have right to step in and execute discipline accordingly. 

Critically, a ghost only triggers admin intervention when the player is an upper structure. If a player who is not upper structure receives multiple ghosts, it is up to the crew leadership to exact discipline accordingly. 

Carve out for rogues: Obviously not all kills are executed by leaderships. If a player has auth, they should indicate that in the reasons. If they don't and victim protests and admins confirm that it was rogue. No ghosts should be appended. After all, a rogue player will be handled by the society, no need for the gods. 

The value of this system is that bureaucracy will ensure that leadership does not abuse their power and it provides a mechanism for regulating war and death for admins in a scalable structure. 

Thank you!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I mean, I think you're trolling at this point, but I haunt plenty. 

Report Post Tip

What's the ratio of ghost marks to Stanley nickels?

This sounds like quite the idea, and in a game that has prided itself on the userbase handling their own issues, it seems like a wildly unneeded and overly complicated system. I assume you're just having a giggle, though. 

We got war decorations, ghosts, haunting all in one suggestion I smell a straight to home vhs movie 

Report Post Tip

No killing should be reviewed by an admin unless the victim opts to "Attempt To Haunt" their killer. If they press this button, they must provide a short explanation as to why they feel their killing was unjustified. They can not create a new character until the admins have reviewed the situation. The admin should see the reason that the killer posted, confirm if it is justified accordingly to the criteria above. The leader's word to broken rules is taken unless the victim offers compelling evidence otherwise. 

I really love this part of the suggestion - as we all know anytime people die they're incredibly level-headed and rational, and no one in the history of this game has ever cried foul of the admins and what they've done.

Besides, given all the free time the admins have on their hands, I think this is one we really should look into. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I think @Brother_Fredo_CSPO was onto something with this one, we must all, as a community, for the good of the community, make sure that all kills are above board and that nobody ever does anything out of their own free will but instead follows a carefully designed protocol of what is "pretty ok". This is a role-playing game, the role must be defined.

I propose to take it a step further, we must create our own Geneva Conventions of Mafia Returns. The following new systems should be considered for this:

* A list of "valid" and "invalid" reasons for killing another mobster, preferably in a matrix of Rank (from Thug to Godfather Chairman) and Allegiance (own crew, own district, own city, allied city - GF crew, Allied city - regular crew, other city) making for a total of 72 sets of "valid" and 72 sets of "invalid" reasons.
* All kills regardless of whether the deceased feels wronged should be reviewed by at least 3 admins before even taking place, to make sure only LAWFUL and HONOURABLE KILLS are let through and so we don't have any unlawful accidents. (Yes, this might result in a delay during gameplay but that's a small price to pay for fairness).
* If the admins are in disagreement about whether or not a kill was lawful or not, a jury trial with at least 10 jury members picked at random from the MR playerbase will be held. Both the killer and deceased get to make their case, before a vote is eventually held. This should not last longer than 2 weeks to ensure the game keeps rolling.
* A killer must tip the next of kind of the deceased at least 2 mil and a pickpocket perk, and shall VOLUNTARILY make a visit to the deceased's funeral thread loathing his mistake.

We will enter a new era of play. A great one.

[spoiler]PLEASE GOD NO[/spoiler]

Just going to drop this here because JubtheNub may be onto something

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Atonement
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL