Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 18 - 07:42:19
Page:  1 
What do you mean there are no jobs? Started by: Craven on Jun 05, '23 19:51

After awakening from his slumber, Craven had been instantly alerted by his trusty Right Hand Shini.

“Boss we have an issue outside, those little shithouse kids are causing problems.”

He quickly took a glance out the window and noticed there was a large mass of youngster gathered outside launching whatever they could find towards the building of his crews headquarters. He knew he had to get outside and try to solve this problem quickly before it drew any more attention to the other locals or there would be even bigger issues to come. Quickly making his way to the front door, his Left Hand, Kirya had already been waiting, gun in hand ready to greet the troublemakers. The door knob turned and the door quickly swung open. The three of them made their way outside to join the rest of the crew that were already trying to calm things down.

Craven stepped forward and addressed the locals.

“Las Vegas, do you have any idea what you are doing right now? Do you seriously think what you are doing is going to help your lives in anyway?”

A brief moment of silence before all hell broke loose. Glass bottles flew into the air and bricks were launched into the street. The leading member of the gathered gang began to shout.

“Do you not think we all don't know what you do here? Surely you did not think we would all stand by with no opportunities for work whilst you and your crew rolled around in all your wealth!”

Shocked, stunned, flabbergasted. These were the thoughts that instantly came to Craven. Seconds later Kirya stepped forward to respond to the crowd.

“How dare you speak to us like that? The amount of wealth, jobs and businesses we bring to this great city and you have the nerv.....” Craven quickly interrupted,

“It is ok Kirya, I'm interested to hear what they have to say.” The crowd responded positively and another person from the crowd began to explain.

“There are no jobs for us. Nothing to do. We have tried to draw attention from the crews of Las Vegas, and other cities! But there seems to be no response to our efforts.”

As soon as these words had echoed around the small street, Craven knew there was a serious problem and knew he had to speak to other Uppers of families to confirm if these problems were happening elsewhere.

“Give me an hour and I will have answer.” Craven spoke quickly and firmly. “I will come out to you as soon as I have the information I need to solve this problem.” He then made his way back into the building and made his way to the phone. His first call of course, would be straight to luciano_lucky.

“Lucky! I need to ask, are you having an issue wit....” Lucky instantly replied, “Local street kids? Yes I have already been in touch with the other cities Uppers and it is happening country wide. These kids need jobs and we need to sort this quickly. You know what you need to do...”

Craven summoned all of his crew into the building. He sat back in his chair and as the door closed behind the last member of the crew, he thumped his desk and began to demand why the recruiters were not out there finding more potential future members.

Shini spoke instantly and without hesitation.

“Leave this with me boss. I'll have it under control quickly and I will personally be visiting all of our street guys to find out what the hell they are doing!” Craven gave his typical nod of agreement and Shini made for the exit, followed by four of the more senior members of the family.

Craven then turned his attention to the remaining members in the room.

“This is totally unacceptable! I highly suggest you lot get your asses out that door and calm that shit down outside or I'll personally deal with those thick skulls sitting on your shoulders!!” The members knew this had become serious and had not seen Craven his mad for a very long time. They hurried out the room and began to speak to the locals gathered outside to explain what is going on.

After thirty minutes had passed, Shini arrived back at the headquarters and approached the boss.

“We have dealt with the issue. It's safe to say we seem to have had a few street bosses who thought it was easier to keep money in their pockets instead of finding those workers the family always needs. I have replaced them with new bosses and have their word jobs will be available for more workers for us.” Shini nodded to Craven and moved out of the doorway, already knowing that he would want to go straight outside. They both walked out of the building and spoke to the locals.

“As promised, we have dealt with the situation and I can ensure you that work will be available for those who are looking to show their worth. But just so you are aware, these damaged bricks, windows and doors will need to be replaced. Those of you lucky enough to find work with ourselves.... You already know where your first months pay will be going.” Craven chuckled and then looked back at the crowd. “The city of Las Vegas is and will always be a place for you all to live your own dream. You make the life you want to make here and I look forward to seeing your faces again, hopefully within a business transaction next time.”

Craven took his time to look around the faces in the crowd, the expression on his face almost as if he was had taken a photograph of every single face. The leading member of the gang spoke.

“We all thank you for your help today. This is not how we would ourselves like to approach issues but we felt there had been no other way to get your attention. Please accept our apologies for the damage caused and of course, we will pay our way if you give us a chance.” A slightly nervous shake of the voice towards the end of his comments.

“Oh believe me, you will most certainly be paying, but you will also have the opportunities to make so much money, this will be just a drop in the ocean to the money on offer to my crew” Craven had been quite impressed with the straightforward comments from this individual. “I look forward to seeing you very soon.” The crew turned around and made their way back into the building.

Walking back up the stairs, Craven made his way to his office and sat down in his chair. This situation could have been avoided if only people had done their jobs. He knew he needed to make changes within the crew structure to ensure this did not happen again. Glancing out of his window, he wondered if the other cities had managed to contain the issues they were facing that very same morning....

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $1,180,000 Tip

Shini spent the next 24 hours monitoring the new street bosses to make sure all potential crew members were being given the opportunity to prove themselves. The chosen street bosses were indeed puling their weight and many new faces began to be seen working alongside our street members. Upon hearing the news, Craven requested to see Shini to congratulate their hard work.

"What a fantastic job you have done Shini. Myself and the rest of the family are amazed by how fast you have turned this situation around. This is the exact reason you were chosen as my Right Hand. Your commitment to this family has always been to the highest of qualities. I sit here now prouder than ever to have you by my side." Shini grinned slightly, trying not to show full emotion. Craven had smiled like a father would seeing his child taking their first steps. Seconds later, the facial expression relaxed back to his usual business face...

"Now, we need to make sure this does not happen again. I wanted to see TheJeweler and Sleek_Tony here tonight. We will tackle this issue head on and make sure any street boss across our great city that is not living up to our high expectations... are removed from this world." Craven sat back in his chair and placed his hands behind his head.

"Of course Boss. I will make the arrangements right away." Shini knew the game by now. The voice, the facial expressions. The location of the meeting of course would be Craven's home. They always were for these sort of occasions. Shini left the room and went on to do exactly what the boss requested.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Upon approaching the huge gates that sat at the end of Craven’s estate, Sleek_Tony could see the house could have quite possibly be seen from miles away. Every room radiating light producing a yellow glow in the night’s surrounds. The gates began to open, and the driver headed towards their usual parking space. They noticed TheJeweler’s car already sitting outside. After parking up the driver walked round to open the door for Sleek_Tony. As soon as he got out of the car, Sleek noticed Craven standing at the top of the steps leading to the front door. He heard the familiar shout.

“Tony! Good to see you old friend. How is the family?” Every time they met, Craven would always be sure to ask how the family was doing.

“All good Boss. Everyone is healthy and loving life.” Tony noticed that Craven had opened his arms and he moved forwards for the Boss to give him the friendly hug he had become so custom to.

“That is great to hear. Now, lets get inside and get down to business. TheJeweler is waiting, and I have left him in a room with snacks and drinks. So, if you want anything we better be quick as we know what he’s like.” Both Craven and Tony chuckled to each other and made their way into the house. Entering the lounge, TheJeweler was indeed sat in the armchair, chips in one hand, whiskey in the other. “You never change.” Tony laughed as TheJeweler stood up to greet him. “Ha! Well can’t be having good food and booze going to waste. Especially when Craven is paying.” The three of them laughed for a few moments and then Craven spoke.

“Now gents, we have some serious business to sort out tonight. I will not and cannot accept to see what we have seen this week happen again. It makes us look ridiculous. The fact that we had youngster dare damage our crews’ properties shows just how much of a laughing stock the locals think we were during this time.” This was serious. The tone from Craven’s voice was firm, solid and slightly angry. The room fell silent for a few seconds as Godfather Jeweler gathered his thoughts. He then sat back down into the armchair and spoke clear but softly in his reply. “Tony and I 100% agree with what you have just said Boss. We have removed more than 20 street bosses and replaced them with people we have been assured will do the job.” He paused briefly and Tony stepped in. “This was a nation-wide thing. I spoke to our friends in Los Angeles straight away and they had the same issue. Looks like this was planned by a large group.” He paused to breathe, “We are monitoring the ringleaders that were identified and have put plans in place to remove them if they are to try this again in the future.” Craven relaxed his face slightly and responded. “I know you both will have this under control. Let’s take a moment and get some drinks before we continue…. Or before Jeweler finishes that bottle to himself.” They all laughed and began to move over to the table at the end of the room to choose themselves a drink. This of course meant, they will be here for some time.

Report Post Tip

Thursday, the day to visit as many of the families crew businesses and hideouts as Craven could in a single day. He had always made it a weekly task as he always liked to see as many of his family and crew as he could. These were always random. No one ever knew which place he would visit. Of course, this was always the idea, as they all panicked thinking it may be there turn this week for a visit, so across Las Vegas businesses and hideouts were spotless on a Thursday. Her first visit, only around the corner from his own office. He had not been here for a month or so. When he arrived, he was actually surprised by the number of new faces he noticed standing outside. His very own trusted Capo, Nolkyz, waved from the entrance. They both greeted each other warmly and made there way inside for a tour. Everything was spotless. Not a single mark, no dust in sight. They both had a chat for a few minutes and then it was time for Craven to make his way onto his next chosen location. Even his own driver did not know where they were going. He was told each location every time Craven got back into the car.

Many, many hours later, Craven had just visited his last location. As he got back into the car, he said to Barry (the driver). “I can not believe how many new faces I have seen working for us today” pausing for a brief moment, “At least forty new faces!” He continued looking out of the window. “I know what you mean Boss, I hardly recognised anyone myself.”

Arriving back at his office, he made his way upstairs and was just about to make a call to Shini when he noticed a new file on his desk. The title reading “Names, Address, Work locations” Looking at the handwriting, Craven knew straight away this had been left by Shini. He opened the folder and instantly recognised the person from the photo on the first page. He had only seen this person a few hours ago at one of the businesses he had visited. This was a new member to the crew. Flicking through the pages, he had seen at least half of these people today on his visits. Sitting back in his chair, he spoke to himself, “Well, safe to say there have definitely been jobs available for the locals.” He sniggered and began to gaze out of his window, ready to begin his final job of the night...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What do you mean there are no jobs?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL