Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 21:06:14
Page:  1 
Meaningless Committee. Started by: Explosion on Jun 16, '23 18:15

Explosion takes advantage of the busy place to make an announcement, he climbs on a box of explosives and starts:

It is with great satisfaction that we inaugurate the Meaningless Committee (MC), a creative and relaxed space dedicated to discussing and promoting meaningless ideas. Here, there are no limits to imagination or absurdity. Everyone is welcome to share their craziest and funniest ideas without fear of being judged or rejected. This is a space of freedom and celebration of non-sense.

Our aim is to foster creativity and spontaneity, and to promote humor and fun. We want to create a community of people who feel free to let their imaginations flow, without worrying about logic or reason. We believe that, with a little challenge to conventions and established norms, we can surprise ourselves and have much more fun.

We are very excited about the possibilities that the MC offers and we look forward to the active participation of all of you. Let's build together a space of meaningless ideas, but with a lot of value for our creativity and fun. Welcome and have fun without moderation.

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $200,000 Tip

What's the meaning of this? 

Report Post Tip
Great thoughts Explosion

Could be fun if even more could have such thoughts that spread fun thibgs instead if so far from some.
Report Post Tip

I approve of this.  

I think we need a graduated process that's clearly outlined leading up to war.  We're all delicate here and need to have as much life preserved as possible to reduce the saltiness around here.

It should start with singing kumbaya by the fire or something to see if that will eradicate the issue.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

The colonel approaches and listen to the nonsensical words of the good man. When he finishes and climbs down of the explosives box, Ives shook his hand and said:

"This is a wonderful and incredibly meaningless idea, i definitely approve of this! If i may, i'd like to share a meaningless idea of my own and i will put it in practice myself, if the Meaningless Committee allows it. I'd like to start only wearing flip flops, even to the most important business meetings, even in times of war. Although this idea is nonsensical and meaningless, it would also provide more comfort to all the mafiosi, specially the ones with bunions and ingrown toenails." 

Ives take his military boots off and gives it to a homeless person nearby. He runs to a store across the street and buy the most cute glittery red flip flops and puts them on. He then walks around like a peacock for everyone to see and says:

"They are really comfortable. What do you think of this idea Explosion? Would the great Meaningless Committee approve of it?"

Report Post Tip

At the end of his speech Explosion listens carefully to the comments of some of his listeners and then responds to them very cordially:

Shiv

"This means a lot of things that are perfectly random, so we conclude that it doesn't mean anything even though it matters a lot."

DeadlikeDead

"This can be really fun and serious, or maybe even monotonous at the same time if we define it inaccurately."

Indifference

"If this war leads us to peace, we can sing and dance by the fire, for whenever we declare war, we are actually seeking peace."

"I think that's exactly it, although it's confusing."

Mr. Ives

"The Grand Committee fully approves of this idea, on the condition that you never eat rice in slippers, even if you are at a business lunch. Since it is unwise to eat rice in slippers, it is better to wear a silk stocking for this."

"How does that sound to you Colonel?"

Report Post Tip

"That sounds extremely meaningless and perfect to me, i agree with those terms!" 

The Colonel shook hands with the Meaningless Committee representative and military satuled the man. Then he walked off happily in his new red glittery flip flops!

Report Post Tip

Do we need a comittee oversight committee to regulate the creation of committees?

Also who is the MC (master of concert) of the MC (meaningless committee)?

I'd personally nominate Honesty.

Report Post Tip

TheHarold

"Maybe master of ceremonies, what do you think? Does that make sense to you? It makes no sense to me and I like it."

"An oversight committee? Why regulate the creation of committees?"

"Do you have something in mind? Do you want to climb on my box of explosives and tell us a little bit about it?"

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Meaningless Committee.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL