Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 06:34:16
Page:  1 
Open Competition - Hunt for El Dorado Started by: Fluffy_Tummy on Jun 19, '23 20:09

As you enter the outskirts of Los Angeles, you hear some odd sounds, it sounds like ... hmm... are those drums banging or something. What on earth is going on?? You decide to walk towards the sound and as you come near you see some group of people, all nearly naked, painted in what appears to be... GOLD??? As your intrigue grows, you look and watch the spectacle of the man and women dancing to the rhythm of the beating drum. They are wearing fascinating headdresses, and you wonder, what are these exotic looking people doing, are they doing some religious ritual or what?

As the drum fastens its pace, the dancers bring up their hands to the sky and gaze straight at the sun, making their oiled and painted bodies glow as decedents of the very thing they are looking at right now. They pause their position and as the drum now reaches its climax your bodies themselves tense up and await the big finale of whatever the spectacle is. As you wait anxiously a booming voice calls out, somewhere from behind the group of dancers, you crane your neck to look for the source of the voice but are disappointed for there seems to be nobody who emitted the sound. As you are about to leave, have a beer or something stronger, disappointed by all the momentum built up, something jumps up and sits on a big pillow placed in the center of the group. A big fluffy cat sits on the pillow, looking majestic with long manes of light red fur, gracious and bushy tail and looking across the gathered crowd with authority but a hint of benevolence as well.

I bid you all welcome, for i see many among you are adventurers at heart. You came here today to watch my dancers, or perhaps it was faith that brought you here? Who knows, who can tell, who can tell why the sun is warming up the very core of all of us here, as they did all of our forefathers as well as the forefathers of other civilizations long passed. These people, decedents of the famous Incan population, living in the deepest and densest jungles in the south of this continent. They lived happy lives, in harmony with their friends, enemies and nature around them. We know sometimes these days, we struggle to do so, but for them, it was their way of life and all benefitted greatly. We have heard grand stories, of massive structures, worshiping harsh but fair gods and streets paved with gold!! Gold that those brute Spanish tried to steal, claim and extort of these good people, but they only succeeded partially. The biggest treasure, the most elusive of them all, was never found! Until today, today we shall make the 1st step towards this magical place, the name of the place you ask of me... AYE!! it was known to all as 

EL DORADO

We have secured funding to send 4 expedition forces to find it, yet we know only 1 can be the first to arrive at this place, so don't stray, do not be weak or faint-hearted and claw your way (at the expense of the others of course) to the finish line. Yet, these expeditions do not members, fierce and stubborn people like yourselves who strive at harsh conditions, do not need sleep too much and can hunt their own food on the way. Slash through dense jungle, climb mountains and cross rushing rivers filled with snakes like the anaconda!!!

Does this sound appealing to you, then please come read This Leaflet I have hung up, and sign up!!!

Report Post Tips: 25 / Total: $500,000 Tip

Colonel_Ives was super excited after listenening to Fluffy_Tummy's words. An expedition, what a terrific idea! He loved adventures, so he grabbed a pen and signed up his name. He then started daydreaming about finding the lost city of El Dorado and becoming the richest man alive.

"Ahem... excuse me sir, you're in my way" someone said. He apologized and walked away from the sign up line, on his way to prepare the gear for the expedition.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Listening to the god-like cat speak, Aqua nodded along with a smile. "Hedonist dancing, gold, bum grabbing..I mean exploration! This will be the event of a lifetime"! She started to think of the adventure and added, "Of course, there will be wine, yes? Tequila perhaps? I hear tequilla keeps mosquitoes away, so I encourage all entrants to drink up while exploring". She knew this was untrue but if others didn't know better, they may get drunk..or lost.. or eaten by cannibals or all of the above! The jungle was no place wander around aimlessly. She had a plan. 

"Sign me up Oh Fluffiest of Cats! EL DORADO here I come, may your riches of lure be true and line my chests with treasures"!

Report Post Tip

Fluffy beckoned forward the two volunteers who wished to join the expedition, he hoped more people would step forward. Without more support and competition these adventurers would have zero chance to stand against all the perils and exhausting miles between them and their treasured end goal!!

Report Post Tip

Explosion, upon learning of the great adventure and the dangers it contained, signed his name and immediately went to his candle shop to get some bombs to take on the trip.

Report Post Tip

"This sounds like an interesting adventure I have passed on your info to the rest of the gang and maybe you'll get some participants."

Fenton had heard stories of the great undiscovered El Dorado, many men had dreamed of finding it and many men had perished on their travels, maybe this time it could be different, maybe this time there would be glory, and loot, lots of loot.

Report Post Tip

Knusprig observed the spectacle with wide eyes from one of the back rows of the gathered crowd. Not bad, this show, he thought to himself. Slightly envious, he watched as seasoned women and men joined the list of wannabes. Someday, he hoped, he too would have the skills and experience to tackle such big challenges. Quite the daydreamer that he is, he sees himself standing on a huge pile of gold, his steely body gleaming with oil. Immediately, however, reality catches up with him.

Knusprig wishes the participants good luck and takes it upon himself to pursue the matter further. Then he sets off in the direction of the cemetery, a rusty old shovel in his hand.

Report Post Tip

While listening to Fluffy_Tummy speak about the legendary El Dorado SpaceCowboy rubs his hands together, imagining all of the stuff he could buy with such a rare prize in his possession. Once the kitty was done speaking he scans the area around him, checking out his competition as he watches people flock to the streets, placing their hat into the expedition. 

"Welp looks like I need to go home and let everyone around the Headquarters know so they can enter before they are full on contestants."

SpaceCowboy writes his name on a slip of paper and places it into the box once the crowd died down a bit before making his way back home.

Report Post Tip

Char watched intently as the dancers finished up and listened intently as Fluffy_Tummy spoke to those gathered around. Grasping his chin Char mused on this enticing prospect as he was always interested in new ways to earn. Stepping forward he bowed and greeted the glorious cat at the center of all this before humbly accepting one of the leaflets. After looking it over he nodded his head thinking of how he would surely be rewarded for finding such a glorious treasure for the city of Los Angeles. 

He stuffed the leaflet in his back pocket and grinned at the king of cats before speaking "I'll happily join in your hunt for this treasure. I'm excited to help make this dream a reality in the name of our fine city.". Quickly pulling a pen from his pocket and scrawled his name on the sign up sheet. He gave another nod before making his way back to the Space Outlaws headquarters to spread the word on this fine opportunity.

Report Post Tip

After fluffy had sat on his haunches, tired of the blooming speech and burning sense of enthusiasm, he had taken a small cat nap. 

In the meantime several candidates had walked forward to announce their bravery to go on this endeavor.

Yet he wondered why only so few, he surely needed a little of a dozen volunteers though, but then again maybe some people just weren't cut out for it. Too weary of new adventures or literally had no balls for it. As he was skimming through his list of friends and known associates that'd be up for stuff as crazy as this he decided to send out some telegrams to midpoint, gordon_ramsay, ginge, aramis and jesse. Hoping some would care enough to go for a wonderous adventure and get rich from it

Report Post Tip

Having recieved a telegram from his good friend Fluffy_Tummy Aramis reads through it's contents a wry smile formed on his face when he read the words El Dorado and hidden treasure, knowing The Regulators kitty was running a little low these days he decided to send a telegram back throwing his hat into the ring.

The question now was who would join him on this adventure, he would need people who he could trust not to shoot him in the back the moment the treasure was found, he would need team players with one goal in mind a few honest crooks if you like.

Leaving his pleasure palace on the Strip Aramis headed out to find the right people for the job he had a few in mind he just had to persuade them to join this worthy and noble cause.

Report Post Tip

The backpack was almost stuffed with rolled garments and bug repellent. A few bottles of a little "something something", containing either a good time or deadly concoction, which only she could identify. The thought made her heavily painted lips curl into a devious grin. 

The task of packing wearing on her nerves, Aqua turned on her heels to place move the needle on a record. The beat of The Music had her ample hips swaying as she took a deep sip of wine and sashayed her way back to the task at hand. 

Aqua wondered how stiff the competition would be, for this kind of expedition required a quick mind and nimble fingers.

Knowing there must be some holding out until the last minute to sign their names to the expedition. She however, was defintely ready for the heat!

Report Post Tip

Fluffy huffed and hummed, he wasn't in the best of his moods. For one gordon_ramsay again was late in prepping dinner, but that didn't bother him that much anymore, 1 more nap usually fixed that problem. No it had been a telegram he had received from the group of investors he had sold the idea of this expedition. They sent him in unequivocal terms, that they ran out of patience.

It had been almost 2 weeks, since Fluff had made his speech, but so far less than 40% of the spots were taken in order to go on the expedition.

He had put himself to work by sending a telegram to all the city heads, but he was annoyed. This project in which he had poured a lot of passion and preparation was on the verge of being cancelled. The investors had given him only 3 days to get at least 60% of the spots filled in order to continue the expedition.

He could only hope more adventurers would sign up!

Report Post Tip

Fluff had been in a bad mood all day, his spies were coming up with random bullshit they cooked up being high on meth, rubbish intel. And also his enforcer had a sick day so no money was coming in from the rackets he had in main street. But what got his neckhair all up in massive fluffs, was the fact he was unable to find enough explorers and his investors decided to cut funding and now the hunt was cancelled

As a result, he had to telegram all 7 courageous folk, that their dream of getting rich was taken right in front of their faces.

He sighed, for he knew his secretary would charge overtime again, but he sat down and started dictating to her the names aramis, spacecowboy, colonel_ives, aqua_tofana, explosion, knusprig, char_aznable

He decided it was time for him to take a big vacation, so he phoned cork and told him it was gonna be a boys trip and aqua_tofana would be left in charge until he was as relaxed as a zen cat!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Open Competition - Hunt for El Dorado
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL