Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 06:45:05
Page:  1 
His name was Michael! Started by: Jonny on Oct 03, '11 05:23

Jonny walked out of the church, late Sunday night... Possibly into Monday morning. He had a long talk with the chaplain and he was very tired... All of a sudden a car came up from the corner... The tires screeched loud in the small roadway, echoing off of the buildings... The car sped up, and slammed on the brakes as it approached Jonny... The window was down, and the inside was pitch black. Three lights went on in the car, three flashes. One simultaneous bang, and Jonny's eyes shot open...

He crawled off of his couch, and stared at what was waking him this early... The banging on his door. He threw on a jacket and tie, since he was already in a shirt with slacks. A tie laid untied across his wrinkled shirt, hidden slightly by the collar and the jacket. He walked up to the door.

Hello?

Excuse me mister, can you please help. There's been a terrible accident.

Jonny opens his door until his chain lock couldn't allow it to open any farther.

My friend's in the middle of the road bleeding to death. Can I please use your telephone for an ambulance?

Jonny pipes up.

I'm sorry, I don't have a telephone, you'll have to go somewhere else.

But mister, it's a matter of life and death...

Jonny ponders for a while, and thinks that they should let the man in.

Alright, I suppose so.

Jonny unlocks the latch, and a man bursts in, shoving open the door. He was wearing all white, with an old plague doctor's mask. Jonny was knocked unconscious...

He woke up in a bathroom stall. He was wearing a jet black, unwrinkled suit. A stunning white dress shirt, with a mahogany vest with a maroon tie. Jonny stood up and walked out, into a room filled with smoke. Three men were there, sitting, smoking, and playing cards.

Who the hell are you three, and where the hell am I?

The eldest man playing cards spoke, without even looking up from his hand.

Watch yer tongue, boy.

The man was clearly Irish, by accent and by clothing, a shamrock cuff link, and a snap brim 'Bowery Boy' hat.

Why did you kidnap me?

All will be answered soon. You two can leave.

He waved away the two men he was playing cards with and looked at Jonny.

Take a seat, Jon. We need to talk.

The old man grinned as Jonny sat at the table.

To your first question. My name is Brian, Brian O'Neill.

Jonny pondered... if Jonny now knew his name, he'll never get out alive. Jonny dug his own grave... Or did he. He reached for a pistol, just to see if it was there. It was.

For your second, you're in the backroom of my speakeasy, lad. In the North side of Chicago.

Jonny looked Brian in the eyes.

How did you get me from St. Louis to Chicago so fast?

They have things called speedsters, lad.

True...

The old man grinned, he could tell that Jonny was planning something.

For your third question, I 'kidnapped' you because I wanted to tell you about your mate. The poor bastard's floating off to Canada across the Lake.

Jonny had a hint of worry in his eyes. The old man could tell.

Is this him, Jon?

The old man slid a picture across the table. Jonny's eyes flew open, then grew very cold.

Did you even know his name before you killed him, Brian?

What?

I asked, 'did you know his name?'

What, Jonathan?

Jonny stood up and pulled out his .38, it was aiming at Brian's head.

Say what one more time, mother fucker, I dare you. I double dare you mother fucker!

The old man smiled. Jonny looked at his gun, all of the holes in the cylinder were empty. The old man smiled and stood up. A Browning hi-power in his hand.

No, Jonny boy. I didn't know it, and I don't care to now. Now go back into the bathroom.

Jonny turned and quickly went to the bathroom, he shut the door before the old man could enter... He reached in his sock and pulled out a stiletto. The old man opened the door, and Jonny rushed and overpowered the old man. Jonny walked out of the bathroom and backroom, holding the old man as a shield with his stiletto at his neck, the Browning was in the bathroom. Three guards concentrated their 1911s on Jonny and his hostage.

Ha, any of you bastards try anything, and ol' Brian gets it!

The men didn't back down, but they didn't advance... Jonny made his way to the stairs. Halfway up, Jonny yelled...

HIS NAME WAS MICHAEL!!!

Jonny slit Brian O'Neill's throat, then shoved him down the stairs. The guards dropped their guns and ran to his aid. In haste, Jonny ran up and outside tot he streets. It was in the evening by now... He got into the speedster outside and felt for a key. It was still in the ignition... By the time the time any guard was out of that building, Jonny was long out of sight on his way back to St. Louis.

(OOC: As an added easter egg, I put 'Clockwork Orange', 'Mafia 2', and 'Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and The Damned' references in here. One for each film/game. See if you can find them all as you enjoy the story. Although the 'GTA:TLaD' reference was more feeble, they are in the order as I stated. Happy hunting, and I hope you enjoyed the read. )

Report Post Tip

(OOC: I also put in a 'Pulp Fiction' reference)

Report Post Tip

Say what one more time, mother fucker, I dare you. I double dare you mother fucker!

Do they speak English in "What?"

Report Post Tip

What aint no country I ever heard of...

Report Post Tip

'Your accountant has made payment of $100,000 to Mr_Pickles'

Mr Pickles found the Pulp Fiction reference... Can anyone find the Mafia 2 or Clockwork Orange references? (Just forget about the Lost and Damned reference, it's too un-noticable and such)

Report Post Tip

Very nice

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: His name was Michael!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL