Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 05:20:56
Page:  1 
Is it wrong to be strong? Started by: Faceman on Oct 04, '11 19:46

You may take a glance at what i am about to say and think to yourselves 'no, no it isn't'

I'm saying power can breed, selfishness and for a person to become drunk with power, this can alienate the people around them, they then lose some of their closest allies in this search for dominance, people will start turning their backs and feel the person isn't who they use to be now that they have power.

I am in no way attacking any crew leader of any city in saying this, im just simply sharing an opinion and would like to hear what people have to say, I'd like to think that this currently peaceful community we all live in stays this way, but it just takes one person to ruin it.

Faceman finishes his speech and awaits anyone who was listening to share their thoughts 

Report Post Tip

No, is as simple as an answer that can be offered. Simply glance at the crew leaders and godfathers that currently occupy our cities, one of the main attriubutes and reasons that these men and women still sit there is because they are strong, it would not be wise to sit at that level if you were not strong, or at least be perceived that way, especailly in this specific current climate.

Its with a level head that you gain controll of the power you possess and use it wisely and fairly and not let it become you, only then does that become a strong attribute, an attribute that leads to longjevity.

As you state with attaining such power, comes great responsibilty and in turn will always force a few to dislike your methods and ethics, rightly or wrongly this does happen and inevitably you have to make decisions that effect a person in a specific way but such is life in this kind of business. If a specific person or crew leader is less than comfortable making a decision that does effect allies, closest friends in a negative fashion but is for the greater good, then frankly, its a position they dont deserve to be in.

For every person who turns their back in dislike it would be pretty safe to assume that 3 more will respect and back the right decisions because, well they are the correct decisions for the city or family, or whom ever it may be. Power is not something that is instantly inhaled in the moment someone puts on the bold coat, its a culmination of many, many decisions, that affect many people but are all the correct ones, to stear a city in the right direction.

Report Post Tip

I appreciate greatly the point you are making, all the people in power at this particular moment are all the right people to be in power, they all know how to deal with every situation i'm sure, but it just takes one in a million, say after a war to from a crew from what remains from that city and they get a rush of blood to the head and make every mistake humanly poosible, i know this isn't currently happening, but i have seen it happen before, and it probably will not be the last time it happens.

However i do agree that 9 times out of 10 the right people will be in charge and these people will be in charge because they have shown they are the best choice for th job time and time again

Report Post Tip

That scenario is not as vaible as it once was, but for arguments sake, say they do set up form "whats left over" it doesnt mean they have power simply because they set up. If they are making every wrong decision, as you put it, then frankly they dont have power, It just means someone else who has the power has to make another decision as to what will happen and in 99.9% of cases the power will always win.

We are all prone to making the wrong decisions, sometimes these are fatal fuck up's, even in the current set up.

However nice subject.

Report Post Tip

Yeah like i said in our current community it is extremely unlucky, but being a crew leader does give you power and responsibility whether they are ready for it or not, and mistakes will be made,

Thank you.

Report Post Tip

when i said unlucky, i of course meant unlikely.

Report Post Tip

People say, the greatest display of virtue is to have absolute power and not abuse it. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Is it wrong to be strong?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL