Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 04:29:10
Page:  1 
Courage Started by: Cassi on Oct 08, '11 04:53

Cassi stands on the corner, watching the people pass by. There was a time that her bloodline feared these streets. The fear of stepping out and saying something and being ridiculed. The fear of stuttering, stumbling, not speaking loud enough, speaking too loudly, having an invalid point, having no point at all. It was a fear so deep and so strong she would literally shake and become ill at the thought of having to speak in front of all these people milling around. But it was a useless fear. Of course she had things to say and if those things were important to her than they were important period. Why should she keep silent? Why shouldn't she feel just as justified to share as anyone else that did? She grabbed a soap box and set it down right on the corner, facing the street, watching the people passing as she began to speak.

Websters defines courage as mental or moral strength to venture, persevere and withstand danger, fear or difficulty. But where do we find this courage? Are we born with it? Do we have to nurture it? Are we more courageous when we're young and carefree and then as we become molded into society do we forget how brave and bold we can be, choosing instead to blend in and not stand out? Does it take something of epic proportions to happen before we can see what we are truly made of, truly meant to be or can we find courage in everyday little things?

I can honestly say that it has taken my bloodline many years and many friends to find my inner courage. To realize that I can face any challenge, any danger, any difficulty that may come my way. That I can not only face it, but I can defeat it. As I stand here before you, I realize that the person I thought I still was, has changed so much over time. There is not ounce of fear, doubt or worry in me as I stand before you. Only a sense of pride to know that I have come this far and learned so much. That I've made extraordinary friends along the way that have helped form me. That the tears and the hard work and the sweat and the arguments and the long nights and the dedication have given me an inner strength I didn't think was possible. I am changing in so many ways, but yet, I'm still the same innocent girl that started so many years before.

Cassi steps down and sits on the soap box, staring out at the small crowd that had stopped to listen. She took looked down and saw a small flower popping up from between the pavement cracks. She picked it and stared at it a moment in awe and wonderment.

Didn't anyone tell this flower it couldn't grow here? But despite all the odds, it accepted the challenge and set out to prove the world wrong. Courage my friends. All it takes a little bit of courage and you can make the impossible, possible.

Report Post Tip

Simplicity overheard Cassi talking and smiled. Listening to the lady before her that called herself a girl she nodded and waited for her to finish what she was saying. She had never really gotten to know the Cassi, but she respected her. The speech she gave was a very well put one and Simplicity enjoyed hearing it.

Pausing a moment to see if anyone else was going to speak she then opened her mouth to respond.

"I must say, you call yourself a girl, but to me someone who comes to the streets and gives a speech as good as this one I would have to call you a lady. For me the word girl makes me think of a female that is not yet matured. For you to say what you just said you prove that you have very much matured and learned a lot in your years."

Smiling once again, Simplicity finished what she was saying.

"I really enjoyed what you had to say here, Cassi. Many people fear what they do not know, they run from it, and they never find out what could of been. I hope others take to heart what you had to say. We all really do need some courage in our lives. Makes you wonder what this place would be like if everyone used it from time to time."

Wrapping up what she said she then nodded to Cassi before slowly walking off.

Report Post Tip

ellie watches the beautiful woman walk passed her. She tilts her head towards Cassi, smiles, and blows a soft kiss after her.

"'Atta girl." she whispers.

Report Post Tip

Angelo had been making his way to the airport but stopped to listen to the wise words of his crew leader. When Cassi was finished he stepped forward.

"Your words today have been very inspiring. My bloodline has in the past, wandered the streets listening to all kinds of different speeches and stories but never stepped up to make one. I shied away from adressing the masses out of a fear of being ridiculed or worse no one caring enough to stop and listen."

"I once read: Ridicule is like a wolf, it only destroys those who fear it"

"Every time I feel I have something to say but I get that feeling that it's not important enough. I will remember this speech Cassi and that will give me the courage to step out of the shadows."

Report Post Tip

Wiping his brow with a small handkerchief as the midday sun reaches its peak, Gordon smiles toward Cassi as he stands before the gathered throng.............

I am sure there are those amongst us who can relate only too well with the feelings of insecurity you have so eloquently conveyed Cassi. Your words are an inspiration I`m sure to those who also fear these streets of ours. It is heartening to hear of such a victory over one`s innermost fears.

The support and encouragement from others which has helped you conquer your fear is something that is so important to anyone who has any reservations of speaking within these streets of ours. The wealth of experience and skill that is available from many seasoned members is something that should never be overlooked by anyone wishing to convey their thoughts into words.

Thank you Cassi for sharing this.

Gordon tips his hat as he moves towards a waiting taxi...............

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Courage
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL