Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 03:10:02
Game Suggestions
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
Journal Travel Link directs the travel to that district Started by: Zer0 on Jul 25, '23 10:02

What is your idea?

As an example, if you purchase a tip for a bodyguard (Random example) and the journal says: XXX left behind some protection in Bronx, New York. As you may already know that link is clickable and it leads to travel page where you can select your district. But the thing is, that the central district is chosen, in NY, it always lands on Queens, NY.

Would it be better if the location link would lead to Travel page, with the clicked district being already selected?

Screenshot of how it works now:
https://ibb.co/t8fHq04

How it should work after the proposal:
https://ibb.co/LPWF6qL

Has your idea already been suggested in some form or another before? (Check the Suggestions forum for past threads with ideas the same or similar to yours.) I used the Search function and did not find anything about this topic.

What does your idea entail?

Change the linked travel location to open the page with the district already chosen as per journal entry.

How can your idea be successfully implemented into the game as it stands?

Journal event (tip or anything) can be directly linked with the location of the tip

What major changes would be needed to make your idea work?

Not a coder, but I don't think it is a major change to the code. The journal event (that already exists) would point to the correct district (that also already exists), so forwarding or routing?

What is the positive impact of your idea?

In this particular example, tip to wack a BG can lead to faster travel for the user. Perhaps another parts of the game could be affected, did not test.

What is the negative impact of your idea?

Additional code and changes only to reduce the amount by one click (selecting a district)

How may your idea affect the rest of the userbase?

Linking events to the proper Travel location may increase the speed as which people are doing/traveling/wacking.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Honestly, the idea isnt half bad however, I've been playing for a while now and not once have I ever gone to the notification bar to then click for the location where it spawned and always just clicked straight to the location.

imo youre eliminating one click while youre doing an extra click to go to the notification. 

So a +0 to maybe put it on hold if it requires too much coding.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

If you look in the junk section of personals, it will let you know each travel between districts

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Boyarsky, that is not what the post is about.

When you have a Tip in example that says "XXX has bodyguards in South Side, Chicago" that one is linked aka connected to travel.

So when you click, it leads to travel page, and even though you clicked on South Side, it won't be selected (It will in CH as that is Main District, but in other cities that has three, only main one will be selected.) and my proposal is to have the one you have clicked on, as selected on travel page

+1 as a minor convenience of life improvement provided it isn't a lengthy code. 

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Journal Travel Link directs the travel to that district
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL