Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 00:11:44
Game Suggestions
2 Watchers
Page:  1 
Profile Toggle Option - Available to be Assigned Hand Started by: Georgette on Aug 02, '23 15:47

I know I have suggested this in lounge before. 

And Izziford was like "That never happens" and here we are, again. For the second time this year. 

Thank you. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I have no idea what this even means, given that there literally is no description in the thread of what you propose at all.

Would it be a switch which makes it impossible for someone to select you as a hand?

If so, though perhaps convenient, I'd be against it. A mob-boss putting you in an organisational role you don't want to fill or don't feel qualified to fill I think is a valid scenario, how you respond to that scenario is part of the character you play.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Sorry let me explain: I would like a toggle under profile options that I can choose if I want to be available to be a hand for a crewleader or not. 

Man, I am glad I cleared that up. 

And While I do agree with you - this is much more of a "I either screw over my friend, or I screw over myself" situation. This kinda makes it not fun because I like my current character, but I don't have the time or desire to be a hand.

Because the options are: 

•  Be a good hand (What I normally do) 
  • Be a bad hand (What I am incapable of doing) 
  • Drop & get killed
  • Suicide
  • Fuck shit up for CL and be killed/suicide

But its a moot point (not a moo point, Joey) because it appears to only happen to me and isn't worth coding in which I understand so I guess this can be locked now. 

Report Post Tip

Man, I am glad I cleared that up. 

I don't think it was unreasonable to ask for a description. I would like to refer to:

When posting game suggestions please do not put your idea in the topic and say "I think the topic speaks for itself".

Some ways it can be interpreted without explanation:

• The setting makes it literally impossible to select you as hand
  • The setting gives your CL a little popup saying "this person doesn't want it, you sure?"

And While I do agree with you - this is much more of a "I either screw over my friend, or I screw over myself" situation. This kinda makes it not fun because I like my current character, but I don't have the time or desire to be a hand.

Right, and I understand/empathise that it might be frustrating or a difficult choice to make, but in my view that's part of the "experience" or "arc" your character (and your CL) goes through.

It feels like adding an option to not play.

because it appears to only happen to me

I am 100% sure this has happened to others in the past, where they feel some sort of obligation to hand/CL for someone but either cannot or don't want to do it because of the amount of work/effort that's expected of them (by both players and the game itself alike).

Report Post Tip

This situation has happened multiple times in recent history and I wouldn't mind seeing this put in to prevent it from happening again in the future. Can't really think of any cons. 

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Profile Toggle Option - Available to be Assigned Hand
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL