Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 11:11:26
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The VIP Gauntlet Started by: Felix_Falcone on Aug 11, '23 17:24

I've just been challenged by a cheeky troublemaker to get to the top of the VIP Boards in 10 days. I don't know if I could do it, but I reckon it'll be a fun challenge nonetheless. I'm wondering if anyone else wants to give it a go with me. Just to make it interesting I've decided to keep a decent prize. I'm expecting it to go up soon as others have agreed to contribute to the pot.

Deadline: 21st August 18:00:00
Prize: 20 credits split between the first 3 places
Rules: At least one reply must be made in the Business District of each city and one post in the streets.
Qualification: To qualify at least one street post must be RP-related. 

Let the Chaos begin.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I would love to participate and i'll battle for the 1st place! Bring it on people, hahah!

Report Post Tip
Hello! I do think I would like to join you fine writing folks!
Report Post Tip

The only problem with this is that whenever street activity is overly incentivized, it tends to lead to a bunch of poor quality bullshit littering the street. Not shitty enough to get swept, mind you. Just shitty enough to stay up and annoy everyone. I will speak to my contact within the Competition Commission to make certain that this does not happen. Hopefully we get some good material out of this.

Report Post Tip

I understand your point TomJoad. That is certainly a concern. However, I reckon it's better to get people involved first and then worry about the quality. I for one would rather have 20 interested people exploring the roleplay element or trying it out for the first time instead of 2-3 seasoned writers cranking out novels. That said I do appreciate your perspective. I think I do have some ideas about how to incentivize quality as well the next time around.

Report Post Tip

Apache hears about a competition...Makes his way down there.

May the most skilled writer prevail! Cheers to that! :)

Report Post Tip

Any one of you fine upstanding mobsters fancy a flutter? I got 5 magical credits says The Loop's very own seasoned wordsmith Apache here gonna smoke the lot of ya!

Report Post Tip
Naturally. I LIVE in the top 15, this will be easy ;)
Report Post Tip

Haha, you're on Fungus

Report Post Tip

It's just rapacious spamming. Nothing more than than. Truly terrible, low grade spamming. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
I understand your perspective Ian, I think? And yet , I feel like there are more people participating now especially in Businesses other than their own city. Next step would of course be to make it more interactive and engaging and we'll get to that in time. People need to be active first, which was the real point.

But hey, I respectfully defer to your opinion. Do you have some constructive advice to offer about we should be going about this differently?
Report Post Tip

I have no input on your idea. There is always room for good ideas and the promotion of good, quality street discussion. But that'snot you is it?  No, you, you as an individual, are a spammer. Four threads and twenty seven replies in just three days at the time I posted. That's just spamming. 

Report Post Tip
So ... I had a few days off work and wanted to write more. We all have different schedules. There could be weeks where I don't post and weeks where I am more prolific. As is the case with most of the people here.

Just ignore it if it feels like spam mate. But let those of us who enjoy it have our little fun.
Report Post Tip
Contest is now closed. Rewards have been distributed. Good luck folks, keep writing.
Report Post Tip

So ... I had a few days off work and wanted to write more. 

09:41 <&MRBot> ADMIN WACK: Felix_Falcone <Squishy> One account at a time please.
09:41 *** Felix_Falcone[MR] (Felix_Falc@MR-4AAE8CA2.lounge.beercan3.mafiareturns.felixfalcone.com) has quit (Quit: https://mafiareturns.com/)
09:42 <&MRBot> ADMIN WACK: FFFFF <Squishy> Please do not use AI to game the system. You are getting rewards you did not earn.
09:42 *** FFFFF[MR] (FFFFF@MR-7F1E9FA3.lounge.beercan3.mafiareturns.fffff.com) has quit (Quit: https://mafiareturns.com/)

https://tenor.com/5jps.gif

Report Post Tip
Sure mate. And I didn't keep any of the rewards. Transferred all the credits I owned to people on the list just as I was planning to. Was gonna retire before it ended anyway.

I come from before a time when AI was a thing and I wanted to test it's applications. I didn't realise it was against the rules and I was surprised to see others using it as well. The experiment worked, I'm shocked by how capable it is for real world applications in ghostwriting.

But I'll take the DD happily. Sorry for my shithousery but hey enjoy the free credits.
Report Post Tip

I'm glad someone stepped up to take on this important work, it's great to know the limits of AI don't end at boring mafia RP, nice job Reb

I guess the competition committee really is important.

Lol, lmao even.

Report Post Tip

This is the best pretend mafia related study I've heard about on here since Ryant's imaginary social and behavioural science research. Who knew this game would become such a useful platform for pushing the boundaries of made up nonsense once we've been caught out?  

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The VIP Gauntlet
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL