Get Timers Now!
X

May 05 - 10:50:22
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
What's the Best Piece of Advice You've Ever Received? Started by: Squid on Aug 16, '23 08:42

when you give your time and energy to someone does not mean they will do the same for you. so dont expect others will do the same you will only get disapointed. 

Report Post Tip

I dont know about best advice but I do love (usually the older people) who love to give advise as if they're some wise old owl but seem to forget that they don't actually take their own advice and usually advise you something that contradicts the advise they gave you the last time. 

Those are my faves

Report Post Tip

Believe it or not one of the best advices I ever received / heard was coming from none other but Captain Jack Sparrow himself. I do not know why because the movie on its own is just Hollywood fling and it is entertaining to watch but you don't expect them to do some changes to your life or society as a whole. I don't remember where the scene actually happens or in which part but basically what Jack Sparrow says is the following " it is not about the problem it is about your attitude about the problem" and I think that's one of really crucial things in life as it can be translated to much higher level of understanding philosophically, even though it's a quote from a decent movie. But the thing is we live inside our own universe, populated by different people whether they're friends family or enemies and everything simply comes from our response to them. Only Reason family stays family is because you respond to them in a such manner that you stay together as a family, in some cases you do not want to be part of that family for whatever reason and the only thing you have to do is to have a different attitude towards it and you will soon understand that they're not your family because you decided so same can be said for friends and enemies. In reality the world goes on the Earth does not stop revolving and only thing that we can control in this vast universe is our response to the external stimuli.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

That's a good point streetfame. 

I usually don't hope for any return, so i help how i can the others and try not depend of the them to get the things.

Report Post Tip

"Dont Deal from Weakness." 

"Dont bend over for anyone, if you do its to hard to stand straight again"

Report Post Tip

"Don't believe in the you that believes in me and don't believe in the me that believes in you. Believe in the you that believes in yourself." 

Truly some sage advice from the one and only Kamina.

Report Post Tip

For me it's,

"Dont put off tomorrow what can be done today for it will be worse"

Seen it happen to others so many times but i must say reading: 

Not sure if it's the best piece I've been given but it's surely the first that comes to mind. 

"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Reply by: Illuminatiated

So damn true as i have found out recently

Report Post Tip

Family is your siblings, your kids, or most importantly, people you have physically been inside either sexually or as a fetus.

You just know where this is heading if you want to become family.

Report Post Tip

Mine is always say no to those who want your money for gambling. If that don't work threaten to break friendship I know which is that when payday comes along they be kissing your ass and being nice. 

Report Post Tip
Gotta go with a classic of always wear sunscreen. It's deffo a vital part of caring for your skin. Skin cancer is real folks. Screen up and don't be a fool
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

A good piece of advice that is important for job interviews would be "Confidence not arrogance" that was very useful advice from my peers before my last interview. 

Report Post Tip

Make time for yourself. Learn when and how to say no. Learn something new every day and make friends instead of burning bridges. Pro tip, if you're ever interviewing for a job ask them the thread's question and you'll get a lot of great answers and leave a strong impression.

Report Post Tip

My dad gave me lots of advice, most of it about being a bad person, but through some of that stuff, I got good little tid bits. 

One of my favorites was this: 

"He's only ever as mad as you let him be."

It means that when someone is directing anger towards you, you have the control over how much rage they feel, not them. It taught me to always keep a cool head, and if you can manage that, you're usually in control of the situation. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: What's the Best Piece of Advice You've Ever Received?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL