Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 11:18:22
Page:  1 
A Man without a family. Started by: Calmo on Sep 01, '23 05:27

There was a man called Calmo, who from a very early age developed a very particular outlook on life. He wasn't attracted to the idea of having or being part of a family. He was independent, free and unconcerned with the responsibilities that normally accompany such bonds.

Calmo was always traveling the world, exploring the most remote places and immersing himself in different cultures. He never settled in one place for long, as he preferred the freedom to come and go, with no commitments or compromises.

His criminal ancestors had taught him many things about the mafia and how to survive on the streets, when Calmo arrived in the USA he realized that there was an underworld that dominated everything in a very peculiar way and that there were large families in charge of things that he did not imagine is that these families would become interested in his person.

One night Calmo was lying in a Brooklyn hotel room after having spent a long day being accosted numerous times by various leaders of reputable Mafia families, he took a moment to reflect....

- Should I accept one of these invitations?

- Is this the life I want for myself?

- What happens if I am not part of one of these families?

- I need to make a decision about this.

Report Post Tips: 10 / Total: $200,000 Tip

Revelation easily stumbled into this plea for potential work, eluding mixed messages. Perhaps this comes from lack of knowledge. Or the change of times has clouded your thinking. Perhaps it is none of the above and you are just full of shit.  Honestly, I care, and at the same time I do not. Rather than explain myself on my mixed feelings, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and close with you are not unique.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Tom listened to the musings from the man named "Calmo" and became a bit concerned for his well-being. He seemed to believe that his criminal ancestors taught him the workings of the mafia, but yet there he was, having built up the same amount of criminal experience as a mafia associate Earner, all while scoffing at Cosa Nostra's control over the various cities.  Surely, he must realize that Cosa Nostra does not tolerate unaffiliated criminals muscling in on their turf? Surely his ancestors, in their wise ways of the mafia, must have told him what happens to a nobody who walks into gang-controlled territory and tries to steal a cut of their profits?

Tom expected bullets to start flying in the young man's direction as he stood there wondering what would happen to him if he refused to enter the structure of those who controlled the very streets the young man was profiting from. However, Tom was getting old and time was passing him by so quickly, he had started not to notice the changes in society. He realized it was no longer the 1930's and the idea that Cosa Nostra still abided by the old traditions was laughable...

"What will happen to you, young man? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. This thing of ours is too concerned with sitting back talking shit in the bars and Lounges to actually participate in organized crime. Those charged with controlling this city may even be oblivious to your presence, as you continue to walk the streets picking off the stores and innocent old ladies in your path. I would tell you that you are in a dire situation, but that would be a lie."

Report Post Tip

Calmo there was Revelation confusing and wise words and concluded from everything that was said that maybe he really was just talking shit.

Report Post Tip

Calm heard the firm words of a man who seemed to be a big mafia boss and felt somehow alerted about what could happen in the near future.

"Sir Tom, sometimes you reach a stage in your life where things don't make as much sense and maybe it's better to just sit around in bars and lounges talking shit, although I don't do that."

"I like to spend my time helping people I don't even know escape jails and practice organized crime with affiliated criminals. So maybe I do more than just steal part of the families' profits."

"I also think that not being among the affiliates is not mocking the structure of Cosa Nostra."

Calmo was aware of the risks and dangers involved in not joining and looked around for possible shooters who might be lurking.

"You're right Tom I'm in a terrible situation."

Report Post Tip

Ian heard the shot from down the street. He walked over to see Calmo's body. He let out a small sigh and felt a little saddened by the needless death.

"Ah what a waste."

There was obviously a time limit for a man living this life. There was only one way it would end, but he appeared to be gaining some perspective from the conversation he'd started. There could have been a choice made and the start of a fruitful life. Ian wrote a number on the face of a dollar and tucked it into the dead man's wallet. Maybe Calmo's child may find it. Standing, he gave a moment's pause and walked back out into the street. 

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Man without a family.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL