Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:51:52
Page:  1 
Breaking The Habit Started by: AlexKeene on Oct 17, '11 01:58

A lot of shit has happened in the past few days.

Meetings have been held. Topics were discussed. Changes were made. Lists were formed. Wanted posters were put up in every Post Office from Los Angeles to New York City.

And a manhunt started.

Some were put on the list for their actions. Others were put on for the sins of their father. Suspicions were raised, and some were justified with concrete evidence and backing. Some were circumstantial at best.

I can't speak for many of the family lines on that list, but a couple I knew personally. One in particular was in my family. And he was taken from us on Friday night.

I don't know ALL the intimate details of what his father did, or his father's father, or is great-grandfather's second cousin fourteen and a half times removed did. I know the highlights, but frankly, I don't give a shit. I didn't invite his father, or his grandfather, or the whole family reunion to be my associate. I invited HIM.

I know what HE did for Andrew_Paxton.
I know what HE did for me.
I know what HE did for the Fremont Street Experience.
I know what HE did for Las Vegas.

He was put on that list by another city, and the hit went out from the head of Las Vegas. ViciousViper was killed very soon after by the very city he'd worked to protect. Say what you will about him. Say what you will about his father, his grandfather… whoever. Did he deserve to die? Doesn't matter.

The hit went out. The call was placed. A ticket was purchase on a flight, and soon after, a bullet passed through the temple of Vicious.

Andrew_Paxton and I started the FSE on the four pillars of Omertà, Honor, Loyalty, and Respect. Though Vicious had shown loyalty to his city, regardless of his father's actions, his city stabbed him in the back and shot him in the night. And in one last disrespectful move, no effort was made to give a head's up to Andrew_Paxton or myself.

A hastily crafted letter with the "wanted list" and the notice that Vicious had been 'removed' was left on Andrew's desk well after the business was done. It could have been an invitation to watch grass grow for all the explanation that was offered, except for "it hurts business."

It was a slap in the face to Chade's city underboss. Andrew knows it, I know it. Chade knew it and so did Whiskey. And quite frankly it pissed me off.

I'm not just angry about a member of my family being so casually discarded. People were shot before a list was ever finalized. Names were brought up for discussion and quickly disposed of. One person's voice could carry weight over an entire 'committee'. It was a veritable Red Scare and bullets few before the Queen could finish saying "Off with their heads!" Individuals were lumped in with their bloodlines, sometimes without regard for trying to play it straight and separate themselves from what their ancestors had done.

And when I came back and saw what had happened, I took it in.

It doesn't matter what's happened now, and what apologies have been made by others. What happened happened and can't be redone. People can't be resurrected, and there's a time limit on doing the right and respectful thing to people in your city.

I was angry, but I took time to think about everything. Today,I was still enraged. But this didn't happen in just one meeting, folks. It's been happening for a long time.

If I was to shoot the person I am most incensed at, I'd turn the gun on myself. I saw where things were going, and I sat idly by. I let it happen. I sat and lamented in the coffeeshops about how I felt things were declining but didn't do a goddamned thing to change direction.

I used futility as an excuse.

I thought that someone else would stand up and make a change because I know what my limits are. The most I could hope to be is an annoying mosquito. I just hope that by this bite, some people stop to scratch.

This isn't a call to arms. This can be ignored by everyone. I'm not making this speech to incite anyone, anger anyone, or appease anyone. I'm doing it to make a statement for no one else but me. That statement is I can no longer stand with the leadership of a city who can't stand up for themselves and follow them blindly. Personally, I'm tired of rolling over. I'm tired of saying "Yes sir, may I have another?" like a doe-eyed sycophant. It probably won't be much of one, but I'll be holding my own meeting in the halls of the headquarters where I serve.

So I'll be standing with my crew leader, apart from the policies that I'm ashamed many 'leaders' from Las Vegas were privy to making.

They say what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. That's hardly true. But I know, for me at least, what happens in Vegas will end here. Anyone who was on the 'leader initiated' ban list before, regardless of the outcome of today's conference, is more than welcome in the Fremont Street Experience.

And come what may, here's to hoping they serve Dr Pepper in hell.

Report Post Tip

On Ellis Island these words are written

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

This is what the Freemont Street Experience now offers. For those who have been callously tossed aside, those who have been murdered in what can only be described as cold blood. Come to us, we offer you what the rest have denied you.

Yes there has been backtracking for some who were killed, but for others there hasn't been. But to those that have been redeemed, I say this. Take a long look at your accusers, how can you ever think to trust them again? Take a look around you at those that lead and ask yourself are they really worth sticking your neck out for, when they in turn were not willing to stick their neck out for your father or mother?

They care not for you, they care only for what you can give to them. Here at the FSE we will guide you, nurture you. Hell we will even risk ourselves for you! We are not cold and callous like others around here. Yes we have requirements, yes we will take your money. But as family we will back you to the bitter end if needs be. That is what family is about. It's about caring about the ones who work with us, eat with us. Hell some even sleep with us(that part isn't a requirement).

Report Post Tip

We respect Las Vegas and the stance the FSE has taken and wish them well in their endeavors.  However, for the safety of Chicago, the entire family is banned from our borders.  We humbly request they are gone by 22:00 on 10/18.

If Las Vegas' great experiment works in the long-term we will certainly re-consider the ban, until then, have a good evening.

On behalf of Chicago, thank you for your time.

Report Post Tip

I know funerals are the place to mourn over the dead, but I truly believe that you deserve more.  Thank you for sharing us your thoughts today.  Sometimes the truth needs to be heard even though it can be difficult at times.  You did what you truly thought was the right thing to do, and I will always respect you for it.  You & Paxton. 

RIP to the two of you. 

Report Post Tip

With a heavy heart I come here today, saddened to the core by what I have just heard.

Rest with the angels Alex and Drew. I am proud of you for standing your ground, however, this was not a Las Vegas experiment... This was a selfish stab at those who made a decision you didn't like.

I apologize for any stress this short-lived stand may have caused.

Las Vegas will support the agreement as a whole.

Again, my respect to Alex and Drew.. And thanks for all of their hard work.

Report Post Tip

To go above and beyond your family and structure and make policy decisions based off personal feelings and emotions is wrong for business and thus created this situation we see here today.

We have all worked very hard and long hours to create an organized system in our world of crime and like it or not actions like this is a slap in the face to us all who work daily to maintain order. These are pressing times in our world and now is not the time to show disloyalty or wander off the road on the path to prosperity.

Kriminal you work for me in Los Angeles and here in Los Angeles we do NOT respect the lack of respect shown here in this thread.

Mr Paxton and Alex were both as close of friends to me as any, but even they knew where the line is and crossed it and they knew the consequences that would soon follow.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Breaking The Habit
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL