Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 19:56:07
Page:  1 
Starfield Started by: Nick_Valentine on Sep 05, '23 14:53

So I was looking for a post that was already made and to my surprise there wasn’t one, seeing as the full release is tomorrow I’m curious as to everyone’s thoughts. I got it a few days ago and have only put about 12 hours into the game but I am absolutely loving it so far! Would love to give a platform for everyone to share their experience and thoughts about the game.

Disclaimer: I’m a bit of a Bethesda fan boy (I know with a name like Nick Valentine I’m sure no one would have ever guessed ) so take my personal opinion, knowing that.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

As a bona fide Bathesda fanboy it is classically Bathesda. If you do not enjoy Bathesda games or are looking to play No Man's Sky 2 you will be sorely disappointed. 

Not sure if it was marketing that led to this perception or 2023 gamer goggles, but it is a Bathesda RPG set with the back drop of space. The ship sections are minimal in comparison to No Man's Sky, but the RPG elements and classic Bathesda RPG feels are there.

I haven't dedicated 100s of hours to it yet, but plan on dedicating some serious hours once able. I will update with my thoughts. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
I’m personally looking forward to it! I’m pretty big on Bethesda so I’m expecting to enjoy it quite a bit. People want to the so fast these days
Report Post Tip

I'm skeptical, so I'm going to wait. I can't quite put my finger on what's making me hesitate.

The lead artist Istvan Pely is credited with Fallout 3 and Fallout 4 so visually I'm expecting Fallout in space.

If what I've read on forums is accurate it has over 250,000 lines of dialogue, to put that in perspective The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim has approximately 60,000 and Fallout: New Vegas had 65,000 (F:NV my personal favorite for dialogue). Is it quantity over quality though?

TommyCorleone interesting what you've said about Dead Man's Sky because that's what I was hoping for in some respect.

I can't tell if I'm older and wiser for waiting or still jaded from Bethesda's Fallout 76.

Good luck and enjoy, looking forward to your updates.

Report Post Tip

I think you couldn’t have been more right Tommy it’s not a pure space exploration game, and many of the people who didn’t do their homework before buying the game are disappointed. The game is an RPG through and through, if you are looking for a fallout style rpg in space this is a great game for you. If you want No mans sky or star citizen, then don’t waste your money!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

It has me slightly interested, but not enough to purchase it. I never even got more than an hour or so into Fallout 4. Fallout 3 was something great for me, I had never played anything like that before. I think I'll wait for more user reviews to come and then decide to try it or not.

But likely not.

Report Post Tip
Literally just started it today, got so fas doing the intial bit in the mines and then choosing my background and my traits.

Seems ok, i know loads of people that are raving about how awesome it is so figured id give it a go.
Report Post Tip
Glad it’s on Game pass because the is isn’t worth 69.99
Report Post Tip
Anyone else been playing it? I'll probably have another go at it tonight as i havnt found time so far.

Tbh i expected more chat on this considering the hype around for the game
Report Post Tip

I've been hearing it's a little bit like Fallout if it had to be put into space, heard good reviews on it but not sure I'd play it myself since it doesn't look like something that'd scratch the itch for me but I also have a tendency to change my mind, glad people are enjoying it though.

Report Post Tip
Haven’t tried it for myself yet but I hear it’s lovely! My brother was just talking about it today. He loves it but he might be a big fan of Bethesda too. Lol
Report Post Tip
Tbh ive never played fallout so I dont know how it compares to that. I like the fact you can build your characters own backstory and thus his/her personality.

Still not found the time to play it unfortunately (aside from the 5-10 minutes opening go)
Report Post Tip
Fallout! That is another one I have not played yet. But the character creation does sound interesting! I’m excited to try it… eventually!
Report Post Tip

I'm still loving it. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface with the game. There are so many things to do any it feels endless.

Report Post Tip

So I've had it since it came out on gamepass, and I'm about 100 hours in. I'm really enjoying it, especially the customization options. You can alter everything from your character to your weapons to your ship. I strongly suggest investing in the weapons modification skill. I just now hit level 40 and unlocked the ability to purchase the MagSniper, and after fully fitting it for range and power I have this little rocket.

https://imgur.com/a/D1rJixe

Keep in mind that's a base level weapon, if I were to find a legendary version and give it the same mods I'd probably be looking at near 1000 damage per shot, which is just insanity. 

But in fairness, here is a list of things I have liked and disliked.

• Fast travel is simple and quick
  • Combat feels smooth and fun
  • Obviously the game looks good
  • The story/quests I have done are interesting and more than just simple RPG stalwarts like courier/kill this missions

Dislikes

• It was VERY overwhelming at first. You have to grind the first 10-20 hours to really get a feel for what is good/important as far as loot goes and what is not, as there is a SHITLOAD of shit you can pick up
  • Carry weight and cargo space are very low when you start out. You're going to spend a lot of time over encumbered, which increases your O2 usage and can be a pain in the ass
  • It takes a bit of leveling up to get anything truly useful, but that's probably how it should be
Report Post Tip
I’ve been playing, I absolutely love it, Whiterun had a point though, it’s very overwhelming, I have over 100 hours into it and I’m still not making the progress I would if this were fallout, there’s a lot to explore and even more to shoot, but making an outpost and getting your bearings is quite tricky!
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Topics Other Than The Game (AKA Outside)
Replying to: Starfield
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL