Get Timers Now!
X

May 11 - 19:43:19
Help
0 Watchers
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 
GAME IDEA DISCUSSION: HQ Size Started by: Squishy on Oct 17, '11 17:41

Game used to be simple, easy to learn, easy to play... too much added to it to complicate things in my opinion. But I'm not here to complain about that, or I wouldn't be playing again if I didn't miss it in one way or another.

I'm however here to try and give you a simple solution to limiting HQ size, as simple as it can get, might get some complaints but oh well.

The idea is to restrict the HQ sizes to rank (keep reading and don't stop here!), whatever lowest rank is now for a HQ to be bought would be the first HQ size, up it each time whenever they rank if they have reached the amount of members where a new HQ would be required, maybe not a full HQ, but a reasonable amount of members.

To me that's how an unknown crew would start, before it grew into a reasonably large family, need to get yourself known before you can start recruiting a bunch of drones (NPMs) to do absolutely nothing for you but earn money and catch WS', and eventually die by your gun for no reason at all (I know they're NPMs but RP-wise they have done nothing but made you richer and even witnessed murders for you, and their loyalty to you is repaid by a bullet to their face, lol).

What's the catch other than rank and reasonable amount of members to get the next HQ?

Simple! An unknown Don can't buy the biggest HQ straight up, he, like anyone else that is starting a new crew, would have to start from scratch, like any Made Man or whatever the lowest rank is these days. The reasoning for this is the next catch, when I said "reasonable amount of members" I meant REAL members, and not NPMs, so if a newly authed CL decides to fill their HQ with a bunch of NPMs, they will be stuck with the smallest HQ regardless of their rank, until the day they decide they'll actually start recruiting and depend on real players instead of useless NPMs that can't even help defend the family if ever needed to draw their guns.

I think in a way this would force people to be more selective in their recruitment, get active players, or even get friends to sign up to help them with the family, and not just sit there with their RH and LH surrounded with 12 NPMs if smallest HQ is 15. Although I'm not sure how many NPMs you can have in a family per actual member, or if it's unlimited, so my numbers might be a bit off, but I have seen a newly authed family with about 10 NPMs along with the CL, RH and LH.

But yeah, point is to restrict them a bit, and get them more involved, but in the end it's the CL's choice as to how they want to build their family, if they rather sit with 2-3 real members, small HQ and a bunch of NPMs, that's their choice, if they want to build a real family and give the leading a real shot, they have that choice as well.

Also restricting them a bit, would possibly make the BG counts lower, because if they can't pay for the upkeep of said BGs, they grow weaker, not to mention that the bigger the HQ with more members, the better your defense gets. And last but not least being able to finally hire them precious drones to make you money when you finally get your biggest HQ or a somewhat reasonably sized HQ to suit your needs.

I know that this would mean having to lower the HQ sizes of some families (not GF HQ's obviously) unless they've reached the quota needed for the HQ they currently have, but that doesn't mean they'll lose all their members (and Admin could always return any cash for said HQ minus whatever the smaller HQ would have cost them), it however means their HQ's will be full and until they reach said requirements to buy the next HQ, which might not even be bigger than the amount of family members they have... they can no longer: A. Invite anyone. and B. Buy more NPMs.

I think it would be interesting to see how certain people would build their families, or even how Godfathers would auth people, given the choices stated above, it's quite a dilemma. It's a simple idea, but it does complicate a lot of things for the current leaders, but maybe it's what people need right now, a challenge.

End of rant.

Report Post Tip

Sorry about the double posting, but this part: "which might not even be bigger than the amount of family members they have" in the end, was meant to been deleted as I got caught up in a diff train of thought, and I'm tired as fook. -.-

Report Post Tip

Bad Idea. I ain't gonna back it up with anything because I believe Chuckles concerns and Alabama's in the first post are enough to tip this idea well into the trash.

Report Post Tip

Also, I agree with the fact that it's unfair if your best guy dies to Gun malfunction.. or even your RHM... then they can't join you again because you have no space. If anything quite a lot of people only play this game because certain people have a family... take the ability to join that family away.. they quit. User base drops... bad for the game.

AND!

Where the f is the reaslism in your HQ getting smaller? If you buy a building.. after a month you don't suddenly forget about a few rooms in the building.. it doesn't make any sense what so ever. The limited crews per city is a WAY better idea.

Report Post Tip

people always complain about too much money in the game well paying a tax based upon your hq size would be a much more realistic idea than this.the idea of a capped number of crews per city is also smart as well

Report Post Tip

Id like to see a price increase in HQ's depending on how many crew you have in your city, Say You have 1 crew in your city a 50 could cost 20 mil, but by the time you have Three 50 man crews a new auth with a 50 man HQ could cost up to 60 million? That would be a good way to limit crews per city?

I do agree with a maintaining cost, It is something that will add something to the aspect of being a leader.

Report Post Tip

i think Mrs. Doubtfire probably has the one thing that for me, completely kills this idea. for me, RP accurate, game balence, all well and good, but if you balence, and then lose a chunk of your userbase, thats very bad. i agree that shifting power around is not at all a bad idea, but i think that this isn't the way to do it.

i also agree with [computercodelookingname's] comments regarding HQ price. upsides, more expensive HQs mean slower expansion, and more thought of earning your HQ. downsides, less expansion. on the other hand, that means more real people per crew, and more real crews. for me, thats an upside. less CLs, better quality.

end of my line, admins, i think that you have the right concept of what you need to do, but i think this isn't the way to achieve that.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: GAME IDEA DISCUSSION: HQ Size
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL