Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:45:05
Page:  1 
Make us Proud Started by: Arios-Omega on Oct 18, '11 06:22

It was just a few days in. Started knockin over ol ladies and here I am takin down whole post offices by myself... if Ma could see me now. (a smile) Heh. She'd take my head off with anything she could find... Ma... god rest your soul ma. I promise I'll come visit you tomorrow.

"Hey wheat"

I look up to find a guy lookin at the p.o. I just took down.

"That was pretty kean, wheat. Not too shabby for an amatuer."

He looked pretty hard boiled, togged to the bricks in a suit and tie. Respectable. Coulda passed for a G-man cept for the way he was wearing iron. He was a cool cat who'd shoot me on a whim. So I was gonna say nothin. 

I just looked at him and waited.

"You the quiet type, wheat?"

Nothin. Waitin.

"Haha thats fine wheat, everyone becomes the quiet type sooner or later." (He starts walkin over to me, swagger a mile wide. This guy was the cats meow and wasnt afraid to let anybody know... gotta admire somethin like that, he leans in) "We got a tip that you might have what it takes to make it in this business, and the Family is always lookin for new talent. So whaddya say wheat? Ready to hit big time?"

Damn, the Family? 2 weeks in New York and I'm already gettin invited to a Family...

I nod at the guy still not sure if thisll turn out all wet.

"Aces wheat. Follow me."

This is one hell of a cave... gotta expect it though from the a Boss.

"Here, he is. Not much to look at, but he can pull a job."

The 'G-man' brings me into a room with 4 other people. The obvious one is the Don. Sittin in the chair like hes got all the time in the world... a few scars on his face, proof that he fought his way to the top. Another guy cool, sharp, the no nonsense persona of a guy whos been in the business for a while now. The last guy has his arm around one hot tamale. These two were more laid back, smiling. Still they aint people to cross; I'm squat compared to em and I aint gonna let that get me killed today... Shes still got some really nice gams though.

The 'Don' looks me over and speaks:

"Listen kid, you're now in the House of the Los Angeles Syndicate so it'd be wise not to insult anyone here or you'll be wearing a chicago overcoat faster than you can blink."

Couldn't help myself: I blink and nod.

"Good. Now word on the street is that you've been makin a name for yourself out here. Thats commendable kid because people have started to take notice. And some of them aren't as nice as us. This is their turf and they dont take too lightly to having some joe off the street come bleeding down their businesses. Keep going this way and you'll get yourself shot. But thats a waste of talent, so I'm giving you this one shot to join us and prove to everyone why I wasted my time on you. Is that clear?"

Another nod from me.

"Good now scram. I got some important matters to take care of."

I take one last look around, the Don, the serious guy, the 'G-man', the guy and his moll, dazed by what just happened. The babe sees me lookin and gives me a wink. I start walkin towards the door when a voice stops me.

"Oh and kid?"

I turn around.

"Make us proud."

I walk out of the door into the hallway before crackin my second smile of the day... 2 weeks in New York, I went from robbin lil ole ladies to takin down Post Offices and now I'm part of the Los Angeles Syndicate... 

If Ma could see me now...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Make us Proud
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL