Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 18:26:51
Page:  1 
Press Your Luck: Dice Streak Event - Wednesday Sept 13 Started by: Squishy on Sep 11, '23 19:19

Press Your Luck: Dice Streak Event!

All Day Wednesday, Sept 13th @ 00:00 - 24 Individual Rounds.

**There are 24 separate rounds, you can play a single all the way up to 24, however many your butt can handle, you do not need to compete all day, there are no all-day total prizes, just individual 1 hour event prizes.**

What is it?

There are 24 separate rounds, each lasting 1 hour. You want to build the highest STILL CURRENTLY ACTIVE win streak compared to others for that 60 minute block.  Every time you dice against House during that hour, it will keep track of your streaks during that hour.  If you win, it +1's your streak.  If you lose, it wipes out your streak and resets your wins to 0.  At the end of an hour, it looks at whoever has the highest current win streak. (In the event of a tie, the earliest takes precedence).

Strategy:

Every time you continue, you risk popping your streak and starting back at 0.  Sometimes stopping when you are in the lead and waiting until/if you get passed is safe way.  Possibly going balls to the wall in the start to rack up a 'no stop until 10!' is a valid strategy. You need to weigh the risk of popping your streak, against the time left to rebuild it, against the chances of getting passed.

WINNERS: The Payout:

Every round, the top 3 people will split a 60%/25%/15% split of the rake of house.  If there are ties, the oldest timestamp wins.

LOSERS: The Payout:

Every round, the worst 3 people will get some pity perks to take the sting away.  If there are ties, the oldest timestamp wins.

CREW PRIZES: (Must have played in at least one round to be eligible for the below prizes)

• If an upper (crewleader or hand) places in the top 3 of any round, their entire crew will receive perks on behalf of the upper.
  • If an upper and a member places in the top 3 of any round, their entire crew will receive better and a higher quantity of perks on behalf of the upper.
  • If an upper and 2 members place in the top 3 of any round, their entire crew will receive better and a higher quantity of perks on behalf of the upper as well as 5 man bump in their HQ size.
  • The above crew prizes are null and void if the member was transferred in for this event.
  • The above crew prizes are only valid for existing hands, not a new hand promoted for this event.

Miscellaneous:

If you dice and it is a tie (house and you roll the same thing) - its not a win or a loss and does not change your streak one way or the other, it continues like it never happened.

Any bet accepted from House counts.

Streaks are reset every hour and do NOT match the normal game Streak count, since that is not reset hourly.

Small cash bets would be the safest, but any bet of any type of any size against house counts.

Round 1 starts at 00:00, Round 2 Starts at 01:00, Round 3 starts at 02:00 and this repeats with 1 hour rounds totaling 24.

Prizes will be distributed within 72 hours after the completion of the event.

I Spy With My Little Eye:

Track your friends and foes at the following link: https://mafiareturns.com/comps/dice_2023_09_13/index.php

Report Post Tips: 7 / Total: $140,000 Tip

yasssssssssss

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Two small Quality of Life ideas for future Press Your Luck events;

1 - double the amount of 10k/25k/50k House bets available. 

2 - put the current round at the top of the page for obsessive Index refreshers. 

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Thanks for a fun event so far :)

One more suggestion, if only form my pov. How about including an option to turn off the "confirm bet" check. I would love to have a gamble button next to the bet I want to place, and instantly rolling if clicked.

Report Post Tip

A current streak for losses would be nice aswell.

Report Post Tip
+1 for current round displayed on dice page. Would be nice when on mobile not to swap back to the leaderboard in a different tab.
Report Post Tip

1 - double the amount of 10k/25k/50k House bets available.

Like with jail events, you need to take an active role in managing supply vrs demand.  This is intentional.

2 - put the current round at the top of the page for obsessive Index refreshers. 

Ill deffo put this in place for the next time we run this. 

One more suggestion, if only form my pov. How about including an option to turn off the "confirm bet" check. I would love to have a gamble button next to the bet I want to place, and instantly rolling if clicked.

I 101% agree that this should be a thing, however, the number of users who complain that they missclicked and lost (its 100% lost, no one ever in the history of MR missclicked and won surprisingly) far outweigh the benefits of removing the confirmation.  My own sanity is barely holding on by the defense that they have to confirm it, if I removed it I would rather just shut the game down then deal with yet another dishonest karen unleashing the full weight of their miserable life on me.  Sorry, but the confirmation has to stay :(

A current streak for losses would be nice aswell.

Ill deffo put this in place for the next time we run this. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

I'm confused, @Villian... There already is a winning and losing streak side? o.O 

Villain* even. 

Report Post Tip

Nevermiiind. 

Report Post Tip

I have not received any rewards? Have I done something wrong, do I not qualify? =(

Report Post Tip

Squid

Prizes will be distributed within 72 hours after the completion of the event.

Has 72 hours not expired? 14th, 15th, 16th each 24 hours = 72 hours. If my math is off I do apologize in advance.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Ladies and gents, I had hoped to get it done 1 hour and 30 minutes ago, but alas I have ran into problems and it is only about 95% complete.

But seeing that I am getting called out already and that we've already upset the users, then I think its in the best interest of everyone for me to stop for the evening, and not finish this while frustrated and under additional pressure - risking an incorrect tally.  I am going to get a good nights sleep, I will resume working on this tomorrow and it will be completed when it is done, I am unable to give an exact time.  I will know when its done about 30 seconds before its pushed and everyone gets their prizes.

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $80,000 Tip
Thanks for the event and prizes Izzy!

Gin if you're that hard up for perks let me know, I can send you some to tide you over while Squishy gets some sleep. 

Report Post Tip

Thanks Squishy that was a helluva personals blast 😆 Always a fun event. 

Report Post Tip

Thanks Squishy, I appreciate the effort!

Report Post Tip

News & Announcements
Replying to: Press Your Luck: Dice Streak Event - Wednesday Sept 13
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL