Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:39:54
Page:  1 
We're doing it wrong Started by: McKnighter on Oct 18, '11 17:50

McKnighter once more steps up to his soap-box, completely covered in an all-black outfit built for the coming winter season. His red-rimmed eyes peek out under his fedora, hands stuffed into his coat's pockets to remain somewhat warm. He speaks softly, exhausted from attending funerals throughout the day.

We're doing it wrong.

There shouldn't be masses of retirements and suicides plaguing the eight cities. People that rather suffer death than endure how the world is ran today. Underground societies attempt to solve whatever the problem is through violence that only ends to complete banning of entire bloodlines and resorted to hunting them down should they be found.

Business here has fallen from the graces of the old country. Things are not the same. Who is to blame? The leadership, or the people? Perhaps we'll even shake our fist at the Gods? Or does the blame fall onto us all?

Mindless drones toil under crew leaders, even the truly human mobster sometimes fall to a voice-less monkey who only tucks his head down and conducts work without a face. Crew leaders simply promote and haul people into the true family without a single official process, maybe a "Congratulations, keep up the good work."

Legions of bodyguards surround single individuals, private armies that could take a cannon shot for their employer. But even there, there's only a very select few that can kill any whom they desire. The ones that hold the power, currently. Some proclaim they rule by respect, others whisper by fear.

I'm unsure as to the root of our entire pandemic of troubles. These are just some of the aspects I have found different from the time where my bloodline has treasured this way of life. Lately, it seems we have forgotten our old ways.

We are doing it wrong. Something -has- to change. I'm not going to point fingers or place blame. Sitting around and moaning about it won't do anything, either. We need to locate the problems that we have, and compromise to fix them as best as we humanly can.

I'm sure a few issues have been beaten like a dead horse, but I would like anyone to speak what their biggest issue with the way things operate. -I-, myself, will attempt to make strives to mend your aliment as my power dictates me. I'm not going to start shooting my boss's bodyguards, try to spur a war to occur, or do anything that might harm my crew, my city, and her allies. But, if you present a proper case that someone could attempt to improve its condition, then all of my resources and aid will be at your command.

I want to help. I want the killings to stop. Allow me to serve you. State your concern here, or privately mail me a letter. I'll be eagerly awaiting.

McKnighter lets out a soft cough, raising the back of his right hand to cover his thirsty lips. The hand retracts once the fit was over, collecting a metal flask from a pocket that laid hidden within his coat. He unscrews the cap carefully, holding it against his palm while he takes a swift sip, allowing any others who paid attention to let their words be heard.

Report Post Tip

We should never shake our fists at the Gods - the supreme God is a wonderful soul and we should have respect and praise for Him.  Asking for change is fine; shaking fists is wrong and gets us nowhere.

Report Post Tip

Nice speech there McKnighter, i enjoyed what you had to say.

Things are not the same. Who is to blame? The leadership, or the people? Perhaps we'll even shake our fist at the Gods? Or does the blame fall onto us all?

This part particularly stood out to me, as it seems to be the core of the point you're putting across, so i'll throw in my two cents worth. Personally i believe the blame is a mixture of all of these things. The current leaders are to blame for how our world works now, no matter what era we are in it's the then leaders that control our way of life. Whether right or wrong or good or bad, that's how things have always been and how they always will be. Can the Gods pick up some of the fault? Maybe. The Grin report highlighted a few problems we face in our world, many agreed. But when the Gods introduce something new here, never will everyone be happy with what the new change is or does. we all know they work hard and are trying to change things for the better, the majority of us i believe have faith in them, for they are not stupid folk and wouldn't want to spoil what we have here. The biggest reason for what we have now lies with every single one of us. We have all contributed either directly or indirectly to how things stand. As an example it is fair to say that Godfather Roman is the most powerful being here, plus having been around forever he has had a massive say in how things are. There are many disgruntled people but it is effectively those people that need to take the burden of blame, for old Roman has never truly had a challenge worthy enough to knock him off his perch. Could that have been done maybe then things would be different, whatever that may be. No-one really seems to want to change things, they seem quite content with how things are and are happy enough just been alive living each day as it goes. That example there goes for anything that could, should or will go towards changing, in order to get thing changed to how people want, it will take a big effort but is easily do-able.

There are a few flaws in our world, that much is obvious but i am quite confident that given time things will change. Change is always just around the corner and who knows what the future will bring.

Thor

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: We're doing it wrong
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL