Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 11:41:18
Page:  1 
The thoughts of a Shepherd Started by: El_Nino on Oct 18, '11 19:27

As El_Nino leaves the family HQ he takes a look around and surveys the world he lives in. Recent events have left him wondering what the world has come to. Has the rank and file of mafiosi really lost the core of what makes us what we are.

Hi ladies, gents and Rupert.

Today I find myself feeling the desire to grace you with my presence and a few of my thoughts. It would seem a few of you are like lost lambs who need some pointers on our way of like and today I feel like a shepherd.

It has come to my notice that many of you think we operate in a democracy where your opinion counts for something a damn site more than it actually does. I hate to piss on your parade but GET WITH THE FUCKING PROGRAM!!!!.

This isn't a democracy the chap with the biggest gun and the biggest gang rules, its ordered anarchy at its finest and when your godfather decides that someone needs taking out then that person needs taking out. It disgusts me that some people feel the need to "make a stand for what is right" That brings me to the next point/

Since when did we give a left fuck about what is right and wrong, we live in a world that works closer to the grey than anyone else around bar the dodgy ass politicians who are nothing more than semi legal mobsters. The only rules we follow are the ones we swear by when we are given our buttons and to be honest there are a mass of fucking people around who fail to understand even the basics of those.

So in my self appointed role of a Shepherd I thought I would give some of you lost lambs some guidance on what it takes to be a semi decent mobster, follow these and you will be on some way to being a credit to those people you have vowed to follow but in truth chances are you thought having your fingers crossed behind your back made it mean it didn't count.

Point 1.

A private message is....

Well guess what the clue is in the statement. Fucking private don't publish it don't come to the streets spewing them it just makes you look like a fucking tard.

Point 2.

What your leaders say goes.

If the Godfathers say that in all funerals you should only say "That person licked pussy" then guess what, that is what you should be saying in the fucking funeral. Ditto if they say "You do not visit the funeral of a rogue" You don't visit it. I don't care if they were your brother, sister, fuck buddy or second cousin twice removed. The person pissed on the honour the family gave him, they are bad for business they cause death, destruction they hurt profits. THEY ARE BAD FOR BUSINESS.

Point 3

We have rules but for some they don't count.

This has clearly come as a shock to some of you but there are people who are above the rules, they lead our cities and as such they can pretty much do whatever the fuck they like.

Point 4

When you come to the streets.

There are a few simple rules to follow on street talking, possibly controversial but hey ho.

The words "I dont mean to upset anyone but" you clearly intend to upset someone

Speak to yourself, speak to a friend but think as you say the words will they upset someone further up the food chain. If there is a chance they will then you are probably on a one way ticket to the cement factory.

We don't all speak perfect english, some won't pause for breath, some will mutter words which sound not quite like they should. Picking on these people is neither big or clever.

Point 5

You work for your family.

If you are not earning, not contributing why oh why should your family continue to keep you. Keep that in mind for future reference.

Point 6

The last point for me to make.

We all have friends, and they are linked to blood lines, coffee shops and various other strange connections. However your first, last and final loyalty is to your family. I don't care if Katarina has popped a cap in the ass of your best friend because Roman felt like asking her to. The injustice you feel is irrelevant. Swallow your pride, push the injustice to the back of your mind, smile and get on with things because that is exactly what best benefits your family.

El_Nino looks around at the lost lambs who have been listening hoping just one or two take a lesson on board to make something of themselves,

I have places to be and people to see little lambs so chin up and scatter sharpish. I heard on the grapevine that FlashFire is secretly Welsh so he lurves the sheep and I can see him over there with his special wellies on.

Report Post Tip

Mr El_Nino,

Thank you for those words of wisdom.  Any aspiring member of this thing of ours should take them to heart.

HOW we look in public, is how we are percived, no matter what good intentions one might have.

I do however have a reqeset for a clarification or perhaps your opinion on one statement of yours.

Point 1.

A private message is....

Well guess what the clue is in the statement. Fucking private don't publish it don't come to the streets spewing them it just makes you look like a fucking tard.

Would this also include matters that have been spoken in private conversations over a good cup of strong coffee from the Old Country?  Perhaps a private conversation that took place in some dark and dusty corner.. say over there in IRC Avenue?

Report Post Tip

"Point 5

You work for your family.

If you are not earning, not contributing why oh why should your family continue to keep you. Keep that in mind for future reference."

good point, now-a-days real people can get replaced by npms so you gotta keep up with the joneses

"Since when did we give a left fuck about what is right and wrong?"

another good point, but i think in our world no one is "right". no one lives in this world obeying the law, and therefore the "right and wrong" take on a different context. "right" being the behavior we display when we abide by your 'points' and don't piss anyone off. "wrong" being when we don't walk such a parallel line. you tell us that it's all a "grey area" but then you lay down your own "code" for the sheep? that sounds pretty black and white to me.

Report Post Tip

Cairnae it isn't a code it is guidelines follow them and you will be on a decent path to being some sort of reasonable success in your chosen career.

As for your point a fair amount depends on the context. In my life most of what my Godfather says is right as far as I am concerned.

The grey area I refer to is the life we lead compared to the shop owners and the post office owners who we extort our pretty penny from. They live a life of black and white in the context of the laws, our lives are more grey in that we don't follow those laws and bend them accordingly to the circumstances we find ourselves in.

TimThomas

From my personal point of view I wouldn't take to the streets repeating word for word what someone said to me in a coffee shop. My memory wouldn't allow me to take it all in and repeat it perfectly. That is however my point of view and thoughts on the matter.

Report Post Tip

From my personal point of view I wouldn't take to the streets repeating word for word what someone said to me in a coffee shop. My memory wouldn't allow me to take it all in and repeat it perfectly. That is however my point of view and thoughts on the matter.

Dear Esteemed Colleague Nino,

I must say that I find myself quite confused by the mixed messages that you are sending down the line to us poor lost lambs.

On one hand, you are quite clear that you are strongly suggesting that we wander around bleating our lost ways around the steets.  You took upson yourself to shepard us towawrds the pen where we will be fed and will service like the good sheep that we are.

Your strong and firm guidence is very clear and at no time does it waver.  in otherwords "PAY ATTENTION SHEEP, THIS IS HOW IT IS"

But on the other hand.... when it came to the topic of private conversations.... I found your guidence to be (for a lack of other works in Bleatish) rather wishy washy.

This is only your opinion and you do not really have a strong opinion of this?

Really, us simple sheep need CLEAR and FIRM guidence, and this issue of private conversations being repeated and dare I say... even being taken out of context - is a very concerning one to us who live in th pens.

I am sad that you have failed us.

Report Post Tip

Sigh

Poor TimThomas

If you live your own life and avoid repeating the words of private conversations I am sure you will get along just fine.

Report Post Tip

*longs for punctuation and sentence structure*

love

TCOSL oldest member

Report Post Tip

Appears out of a dark alley and holsters her gun as she walks into the streets she hears the debate of fellow mobsters. After listening carefully she shouts above the crowd.

Thank you El_Nino. I felt that the past events that have happened to our society have been beaten to death. I feel like some people are losing their respect for people in power. We are here to support our families not break them apart with petty arguing over a head decision. It's the decision of our leaders that we must trust in and believe that they are doing what is believed to be best for us and for our families. As you said we are ordered anarchy. People need to resepct that order. Bid guy on top litle guy on the bottom. People are forgetting the simple rules of a mofioso. 

Shakes her head as she walks away taking Mr.Albert out of her pocket and petting him as she disappears into a beaten down bar.

Report Post Tip

Sweeney runs after Isabella, he catches up to her and taps her on the should. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out Mr. Geroge.

Wrong frog you got there!

Sweeney and Isabella exchanges frogs.

Report Post Tip

Where did it all go wrong little breeze?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The thoughts of a Shepherd
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL