Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:11:54
Page:  1 
Champagne and Celebrations Started by: AizlynnLombardi on Oct 19, '11 00:27

Aizlynn pulled her coat tight around her body as she walked through the French Quarter, her most trusted bodyguard Alessandro on her heels. She looked up at all the signs on the buildings trying to find the bar that her Godfather never shut up about. It had been nearly two months since the last time she was in this neighborhood and it was amazing how much had changed. Slowing her pace she started peeking into the windows of all the stores and admiring the small details that were shaping up. Buildings that had been run down and had looked as if they would cave in at any minute were standing tall. The arched railings had a fresh coat of paint and beautiful white French doors were installed in the place of barely held on screens. She looked at Alessandro and smiled. When he kept a straight face she rolled her eyes and turned away, catching a glimpse of a smile in the reflection of a nearby window. Amazing how much a city can change in such a short time.

Finally reaching The Roaring Lion, Aizlynn reached out and opened the door slinking inside. Aiz took a look around before going to find the guy who kept the place running. She ran her fingers over the piano that she had a fun time playing the day Kimble became Godfather. She stood there reminiscing about the day she met him, a day that will forever burn in her mind. Alessandro placed his hand on her shoulder snapping her out of her daydream as the owner approached her.

"Everything is all set, Mademoiselle. We have a full bar ready and people will be showing up any moment and arrangements have been made to bring the Godfather here. Is there anything else I can assist you with?"

"No, that'll be all, thank you."

Dismissing the small man, she walked around to the back of the bar and took out a glass and poured herself a drink. One by one familiar faces began entering the bar, she smiled warmly at them. Her hands becoming shaky she hurriedly downed her drink before walking out to greet them. As everybody took their seats around the small but comfy bar the owner came out of his room, tapping Aiz on the shoulder and whispering in her ear. She grinned.

"Thank you all for coming. As most of you know today marks an impressive day for people in our choice of profession. It's not every day that somebody gets to celebrate one year in the business. Well, today Godfather Kimble does. I ask that you please bear with me as I have something to say and then you all can have your turns. Again, thank you."

Aizlynn stood still on the small platform, just large enough for the piano and a mic. She nodded at Alessandro and watched as he walked towards the door opening it for the Godfather and the two bodyguards at his side. Beaming at him she took a deep breath and ushered him towards the front.

She closed her eyes briefly as she shuffled her feet and rummaged through her pockets nervously. Aizlynn took a deep breath and looked around the room before setting her sights on the man in front of her.

"Sorry, I'm a bit nervous," she chuckles quietly, "as many of you know I'm not that much of a public speaker, please forgive me." She smiles softly and pulls out a piece of paper, unfolds it and begins reading.

Eight months ago a war broke out.. a war that took the life of the people I called my family and a man I called Godfather. That day a man approached me informing me that Godfather Roman was allowing me to continue my life and offered me a place in Chicago. That man was Kimble. Little did I know that this man would eventually mean so much to me. From the moment I decided to pack up and leave Philadelphia for Chicago he was there for me. When I had threats thrown at me from all directions for my decision he was by my side comforting me, promising that he would not let any harm come to me. Within days he was giving me small jobs to do for the family and pushing me to get out there and make friends with my new city. It's not every day that a young criminal meets a Consigliere Leader that not only cares about his high ranked members but also the smallest newest member.. especially one that wasn't brought up within the family.

I quickly learned what a REAL family is and how wonderful it was to have a Crew Leader that truly cares. My life changed that moment, and it's all thanks to him. He encouraged my love for pickpocketing when many tried pushing me away from it. He taught me to be confident and hold my head up high despite what ill things others may say about me. He showed me that there was a piece of me that deserved so much more than I was given. For the longest time I struggled with choices I made, second guessing myself with everything I did and every day he was there supporting me and urging me to keep up the good work and telling me that I was doing good. Because of him I finally broke that habit. Eight long months he has kept me alive. He has kept me by his side. He has taught me life lessons. I could not ask for a better friend, a better role model, a better leader that this man.

Kimble, I owe you my life. I will never forget the things you've done for me and everybody that is around you. You've built up so many people and have formed connections with them that will stand till the end of time. We've been through a lot my friend, from moving to a new city to hitlists to deaths to rebuilding. You stand strong and because you stand strong, your city stands strong. Thank you for all the opportunities you have given me. Congratulations on your one year Godfather, it's truly a remarkable accomplishment and one you deserve. Here's to another amazing year by your side.

She nods at her Godfather before giving in and running over to him, wrapping her arms tightly around him. The bar owner approaches the pair with a bottle of champagne and two glasses, popping the cork he pours them each a glass before serving the others.

Report Post Tip

Draven can't help but smile as she hears Aizlynn and looks over at God Father Kimble. She raises a beer that she had gotten and smiles even wider.

What Aizlynn said can't be more true. I owe you my life as well. You have allowed me to grow and prosper in your amazing city and even before that when I was able to see you turn from a Don into the amazing GodFather you are today. This city, the city of New Orleans, has never seen a more passionate man run it. I am beyond pleased to be part of your city.

She takes a sip of her beer and raises it high.

To real family! To a God Father that has blessed us all with his passion, his abilities, and his leadership!

Report Post Tip

Sao stands in the corner, watching as his friends take the stage to talk to their Godfather. As he's listening he remembers all the stories his father had told him, the entries in his grandfathers, and great grandfathers journals. All about the lasting friendship between the bloodlines of Sao and Kimble. As the last finishes up, he takes his place on stage, scanning the room.

Kimble...my best friend...I cannot think of a better man to stand beside and take on the world. We've been friends since the day I came to this life, and our fathers for years longer. There isn't a thing our lines hasn't gone through together. You've always been there for me.

There was a time when I've made mistakes, gotten banned from half the cities of our society. Once that ban was lifted, you were the first to give me a chance. You always had faith in me. Your words to me were "I know you are capable of great things," and because of you, I believe those words to be true. You've always pushed me to do my best, to pushed passed the limits I thought I had, and you've helped make me the man I am today.

Just know, that not matter what happens, rain or shine, life or death, I've got your back the way you've always had mine.

Congratulations on your birthday, Kimble.

Sao hops off the stage and allows others to speak.

Report Post Tip

Standing up from his seat at the bar, Klint raises his glass for a toast.

Congratulations Godfather Kimble!  You have worked long and hard for this day, an achievement that many men walking these streets do not live to see.  Here is to another year, one that is hopefully even more prosperous than the first.

Meeting glasses with some of his friends at the table, Klint has a sip of his champagne and smiles as he retakes his seat.

Report Post Tip

As Aizlynn spoke, Marcus stood in the corner of the room, watching everyone else. His location was picked with care, no one got in, or left the room without him being aware. Tonight was a special night and it was his job to make sure all things went well. His eyes shifted back and forth across the room, noting the easy going smiles and hand shakes and back smaking. The Godfather of New Orleans stood near Aiz, a smile upon his face. Tonight certainly was a night to remember. With Aiz finishing her speach, Marcus stepped towards Godfather Kimble, the two shook hands, and Marcus noded to the Godfather.

Its an absolute pleasure to be apart of this tonight sir. Celebrating a one year birthday is an amazing achievment and a true statement of your dedication to this thing of ours. Since the day I met you, youve asked for my very best, and Ive tried hard to give it to you. As a leader, you dont expect anything more than you're willing to give yourself. As a mentor, youve taught me things I never knew about and thought I would never learn. As a friend, youve always been there to listen and offer advice when it was needed. It's an incredible honor to be apart of your family, and I look forward to our bright future here in New Orleans. Long live Godfather Kimble, long live New Orleans.

With a brief handshake, Marcus returns to the corner to watch over the room.

Report Post Tip

Corbin takes a small sip from his beer, stands up from his seat at the end of the bar and clears his throat.

Dear family, friends and all the others that are gathered here today.
Today our Godfather made history! Reaching such an age in this profession of ours is not given to many. Many will look up at you for it, some will even envy you. Fact is, you need to be very special to achieve this and to me you definitely are. A great leader who turned New Orleans into the fine city it is today, but most of all a dear friend.
I wish you many more years, Godfather Kimble. Here's to you! Congratulations!

Corbin raises his glass, brings out a toast and then returns to his seat

Report Post Tip

Kimble, I am feel honored and privileged to call you friend. And it is most certainly an honor for me to speak here today to congratulate you on a year well spent. You make a tremendous impact on the lives of the people you come in contact with and we are certainly proud and joyous to see this day come. Here's to many more!! Congratulations dear friend!

Report Post Tip

Congratulations, Godfather Kimble. It's no small feat to make it a full year in this thing of ours. You've shown yourself to be highly skilled and dedicated. A well deserved recipient of my utmost respect. I wish you many more anniversaries. Cheers, Godfather Kimble.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Kimble. Proper achievment this. You deserve a good back patting :)

Report Post Tip

Stamina produces his own glass and raises it in the direction of AizlynnLombardi and Kimble

Well Kimble, what can I say?

Here's to a happy one year anniversary firstly!

You took me on as a lowly thug when we called Chicago home, nurtured me to the stage where I earned by button and also gone well out of your way to help me when you gave me the honor of my very own bold suit. All I can ask of you is more of the same as you continue to grow a close city beneath you. You know there aren't many in this life of ours who get the chance to see out their one year, that in itself is a massive achievement I can only hope to repeat for myself somewhere along my bloodline.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Godfather Kimble.  May you live many more proprerous years.

Report Post Tip

Ava, looking good.

Kimble............well done?

Report Post Tip

Obscura raised his vodka tonic to Kimble, elbowing his bodyguard Garfunkel out of the way before speaking.

Congratulations on the milestone, Godfather. You've been a fixture for the community over the past year, and you've led a great city to prosperity - under your wing, that should continue. Cheers!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Champagne and Celebrations
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL