Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:44:58
Page:  1 
The Coffee Shops: They haz ears ya know! Duh! Started by: _Thor_ on Oct 19, '11 17:02

Today i intend to cause debate in regards to the 'coffee shops', otherwise known as 'IRC Avenue'.

We have all been there and used them at some point in our history. Some people are quite frequent visitors than others, few people very rarely go there, while it seems some people actually live in and work from the coffee shops such is there caffeine addiction. Seriously, some people never leave the place! Now, the coffee shops are a massive part of our world, apart from the coffee they are easily the best form of communication. They are used for many different reasons but mostly they're a place to conduct various business, have meetings or simply just to catch up and have a good chat with friends.

Thor glances down and see's the masses mostly nodding in agreement, after all this is quite basic stuff. Then he see's a fresh faced member of the audience looking at him in amazement, with a hint of confusion thrown in there. He smiles at the youngster and starts to question him.

All seems pretty straightforward and fun right!? he asks him.

"Yes!", shouts the young man. "It sounds like a brilliant place, i can't wait to visit there myself and get down to business".

Well actually, no.

Thor notices his expression change, his face going back to one of confusion and almost frustration. Thor places his hand on the youngsters shoulder and smiles, before turning back to the audience.

You see, the coffeeshops are a truly brilliant place, it is fair to say life would be MUCH harder without them, but having said that they can be very much an evil necessity at times. The concept of the coffee shops are known by almost everyone but even still, it is a place where a lot of trouble can stem from. We think we all know what discussions are right and wrong, what we can and can't say, yet sometimes the tongue can slip to the wrong people and that's when things start going wrong. Sometimes, people die from what they say in the coffeeshops. We have seen entire cities wiped out because of goings-on in the coffee shop. It is then when arguements pop up, fingers get pointed but almost always the same old cliches gets shouted:

"But the coffeeshops have nothing to do with the streets or bars. How is this fair!?"

"What i said was mis-interpreted, i didn't really mean what i said!"

"He/she had no right discussing my personal messages!"

Well folks, like i said earlier the coffee shops are a major part of our business and personal lives. We can tend to get carried away far too easily at times. It's all well and good talking to friends and discussing various aspects of our way of life, you just must ensure that who you're talking to you can trust and then despite who it is, make sure it is done properly and won't cause offence to anyone. Even then it can lead to problems. Indeed things can easily get twisted and mis-interpreted, the bottom line is if you say something that is threatening to an individual or a whole city, then there will undoubtedly be consequences.

So, should the coffee shops be linked to our normal way of life, our families, our cities, our everyday business?

My answer is...FUCK YEAH! Of course it relates, the two aspects are intertwined. Your feelings and emotions are the same out on the streets just as they are in the good ole coffee shops. It doesn't matter where you are, if you say something that will cause offence then that is your mistake. For me the only place here where opinions and thoughts don't really matter remain in forums such as Outside and OOC plus others. Say what you want there, no-one should give a flying fuck.

I would like to hear what your feeling are in regards to this matter. I have said what i believe, do you agree, dis-agree or do you feel the need to add something on? Well please do. I look forward to it.

Remember: The coffee shops can be hell on earth!

Report Post Tip

FUCK MARY POPPINS!

...excuse me for the outburst

Report Post Tip

By bloodline has been excluded from the coffeeshops, one of only four people I know of - for a single act of blasphemy. 

Report Post Tip

VX nodded at the young Thor, "I believe you're right, Mr. Thor. Even though my feelings and emotions might not be quite the same here as they are in the coffee shops, seeing as I don't speak too much of this thing of ours on IRC Avenue as I might do if I'm out here, it doesn't change the fact that we have countless of family owned coffee shops, and if anyone goes there just to be an asshole, they tend to be punished for it as it's seen as disrespect to the head of that family or city. Your alias might be different on IRC Avenue, but for as long as people know who you are in this thing of ours, and you start speaking of things that concern the here and now, like the judicial system; anything you say, can, and will be used against you. That is why my bloodline only jokes around with people that are close to us, and try to be as respectful as possible when it comes to speaking of things that concern this thing of ours, because you never know who you might offend, even if you didn't intend to.

As for the secret places on IRC Avenue, they aren't always as secret as you might think, far too many people represent different families, possibly even different cities, and if majority are anything like me, they would be more loyal to their families than their friends. Probably the main reason why I try to stick with people my bloodline has known for years in this thing of ours, hoping I would never have to make that choice, sadly we still have to make that choice in the end, too many friends, only one family. We can only hope that when all is said and done, our friends will understand and not get all OOC on our ass."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Coffee Shops: They haz ears ya know! Duh!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL