Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 12:40:09
Page:  1 
The Good Old Days Started by: Mr_Pickles on Oct 21, '11 01:12

Mr. Pickles walked into the street setting up his 47 Enterprises Portable Soapbox.  He adjusts his tie, clears his throat, and begins something he rarely does - something semi-serious.

Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and Chuckles.  I want to talk to you all about “The Good Old Days!”  Our ancestors have told us stories about those glorious halcyon days of yesteryear when everything was right in the world.  The sun shone brighter, the birds chirped on key, the grass was greener, the water was tastier, and of course, the women were prettier.

And yet, even in those days there was talk of how it was better in the past.  The good old days even further back.

And, someday in the future, someone will describe these days as their good old days.  Which brings me to my point - Each of us has a responsibility to make today a good old day for the next generations.  Pining for the past isn’t what will make tomorrow better.  Working for today is what affects the history books.  What are we doing to make tomorrow’s good old day today?

Pickles wanders off wondering if his point actually came across.

Report Post Tip

Camzilla pulls out his portable wine set and passes out glasses to everyone standing around. He then begins to pour everyone a glass of wine

Cheers to "The Good Old Days"

That will be $3,000,000 a glass. Pay me at the gate.

Report Post Tip

SupBud listens intently to his crewleader as he speaks and after he finishes,SupBud ponders his question.

My thoughts on this topic tend to wander like a drugged rhino and are entirely based on my family line's observations over the past 9 years.

The oldtimer family lines that are still around these shores have a vast array of what they contribute to todays "Good ol' days" of the future gangsters. Some provide us with the news,some provide us with stories and tales of the streets. Others provide guidance and leadership to the new blood. Some even continue their ways, unwavered,unyielding and unchanged. 

All of these traits have a home in the hearts and minds of those of us "who were there man!" Some of these traits have grasped the hearts and minds of new bloods on occasion.

Then there are oldtimers like me for example. Too tired, too old and waking up one day to see that the criminal world has passed you by. Mainly because I have let it pass me by. The excitement of the streets and the nightclubs, the banter,the laughs and the friendships formed from that all but disappeared. I see newbloods desperately seeking to make their name in history and they do quite well. I see others who have great talent and humour,scared to say anything as they might be judged by their peers. Things haven't changed that much really. All I can say is that if you do not want to be forgotten....Don't be. Make your mark,but please do it sensibly.

As for me,I have recently had a wake up call of sorts. I feel that old familiar buzz when I wake up in the morning(no the wife did not misplace her toys) I make no promises of literary brilliance nor do I plan on re-inventing the soapbox but "I will make an effort to entertain"

Report Post Tip

The Hulkster listens to Mr. Pickles and claps! He completely agreed with Mr. Pickles so much so that he had nothing really to say if he said anything id would be out of pure arrogance to talk. But, isnt that Hogan? The center of attention Isnt he the one who goes off to get the limelight? What would he say?

Well you know something brother i completely agree with you and i just want to say that i for one am very impressed that you said this and the way you said this! You see dude you have always had a spot of brilliance in you brother and i respect that about you! Now i got an amazing idea for people to change today into next year are you ready? You ready? You ready? Buy a Hulk-A-Mania shirt they are free brother!

The hulkster flexes and smiles!

Report Post Tip

To me, the Good ol' Days weren't that long ago - things started to go astray in the last 6 months.  Epic wars seem to be a thing of the past.  To the credit of today's leaders, city levelling rarely occurs - but the threat is constantly there.

Basically, the Underground has been the only news in the past three months.  I am a lowly Thug and I have a far greater profile than your average CL.  This is NOT how it should be.

Report Post Tip

With respect dude you only have "greater profile" because you are in the streets almost as much as me brother!The good ol days werent six months ago nor were they a year ago brother the good ol days was back when it meant something to be a made man dude where respect was always given and people didnt talk out of their mouths cause they thought they were better than everyone else dude, These were the good ol days the days that will never return compadre!

Report Post Tip

The good old days tend to differ from person from person and it usually transpires that "the greatest period in MR" just happens to coincide with the greatest success they had within it. Not always, but usually.

I'm sure if you scan through the old posters, you'll be able to see that people always gripe about the era that they currently live in, unless it is one that they are dominating. Take the CP era for example. There is so much distorted bullshit and outright lies spewed about that time period, that people assume the worst, because for a small minority of vocal ne'er do wells at that time, they didn't have the ability to succeed or the passion to try.

Similarly, if you look at right now, old -Kuku is complaining about the "past 6 months" when I'm certain if you look at things 6 months ago, people would still be complaining. Is this indicative that the past 6 months are terrible? Is this indicative that the past 6 months are great? Alternatively, is it indicative of the fact that people will always grumble when it isn't them on top?

I think I know which one I believe it to be.

~C~

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Good Old Days
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL