Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:52:08
Page:  1 
The Empire Stands By CorneliusWilson Started by: Roman on Oct 21, '11 21:07

Friends, Romans, and Countrymen:

Lend me your ears. Many moons ago I saw the fall of my dear friend Colin and Godfather Gwarble, and that was my line in the sand. I knew I would die on his behalf and do everything I could to make the attackers pay. It seems like other folks have found their own line.

I look at the people who have fallen and I have a profound sadness for them, but there's one thing you should not have done. Above all else there was just one thing that would have stopped me from going quietly into the night. Sadly, you all opted to wake up a sleeping giant... You killed CorneliusWilson.

I know the odds are stacked against me and my allies, but I'll bet on my track record against theirs any day. High probablility of my death? You bet. But I'm making my speech, who did you have to make yours? Richard Kuklinski?! Wait, did I misread that? Nope, it's still Richard Kuklinski. Was Grin otherwise occupied?

I know some folks are in this for Premeir, some are in it for me, but I won't abandon my allies. Ever. Sometimes allegiances can condemn a man, other times they strengthen one.

Nevertheless, I am going to offer one chance to stop now and return to your daily lives. You can laugh, I would too, but I really want you to consider who I am. For the rest, it's been a pleasure, even if you're against me. My family line has not been killed by anyone in 3 years, needless to say if I go down it will be a nice respite. However, just because I'm old doesn't mean I won't try like hell to win, so this is it, last chance. Empires do not just drift away peacefully, this one has too much history. After this I'm not stopping.

Report Post Tip

Here's the thing, Roman.  Instead of the olive branch you chose the iron glove.  Instead of listening to what people were saying and adjusting your behaviour just a *little* bit you instead starting slaughtering people for virtually nothing.  You propped up a detested Godfather in New York, knowing full well that his power rested with you.  You chose to allow Prem and you to carve up this entire society between you.  You were warned, repeatedly, that people were angry.  You saw with your own eyes that people were leaving you.  You also witnessed entire families leave NY - many taking their own lives than continue with the corrupt, respectless drones that ended up running this show.

You come out onto these Streets having taken significant casualties and instead of addressing the numerous grievances that the people have, legitimate grievances, you instead slate them because a Kuklinski took to the Streets.  As it happens, I reported on the events and offered encouragement.

Your only retort to a revolution is to grubbily attempt to stop the attack and to slate your enemies - 75% (or more) of the population because a Kuklinski celebrated a seminal attack.

You, Roman, laughed when I told you the tide was turning.  You, Roman, arrogantly thought yourself untouchable.  You, Roman, invited everyone to a meeting to waste their time and show off and then announce your non-retirement.   You, Roman, did nothing whilst people were banished and well respected bloodlines murdered for NO REASON.

And you, Roman, are now reaping what you sowed.  And you deserve it.

And that I all that I have to say to you except for this;

Rome eventually got sacked and so have you.

Report Post Tip

And by the way; who is CorneliusWilson?!

Report Post Tip

My family line has stood by Romans for decades now, we have seen peace, we have seen war.

The odds are agaisnt both cities, great cities. New York and Chicago, we stood together in the beginning and we will stand together in the end.

I will not turn tide and run like a whipped dog, like so many other.

I will stand by Chicago my friend, untill the very end.

Report Post Tip

Bold faced words, bold faced words, bold faced words.

Richard Kuklinski, everything has an ending.  Why would you expect me to think I'm different?  Do I have a bravado in public?  Absolutely.  Any leader worth their salt needs to have that if they can back it up.  You are 100% right, I chose to back all the decisions that I have so far, and I have no regrets in doing so.  Everything I've done doesn't need an addiction to <strong> to speak for itself.  For almost a year, I've done whatever I wanted, and for the people who take over for me, that can be a blessing and a curse.  Good luck all.

Report Post Tip

This is The End, Prem.  Your only friend, the end.  Because of our elaborate plans, The End.  

Of our elaborate plans, the end 
Of everything that stands, the end 
No safety or surprise, the end 
I'll never look into your eyes...again 

Can you picture what will be 
So limitless and free 
Desperately in need...of some...stranger's hand 
In a...desperate land 

Lost in a Roman...wilderness of pain 
And all the children are insane 
All the children are insane 
Waiting for the summer rain, yeah 

Report Post Tip

And I my family line has always had Roman as a friend, and i will always keep him as a friend. You look at it as a bad thing, i look at it as a good thing.

Report Post Tip

I look at it like this - Prem, you can't be trusted with power and Roman you forgot how to lead.  Together you created a toxic society.  For this we will tear out your sentimental imperialist hearts.

Prem, I have spoken with a number of people are we are all of the opinion that your son, and his son and his son etc, cannot ever be allowed to get Made let alone go bold.  So enjoy this whilst it lasts.  Roman, I've not been party to any conversations on your future.  Suffice to say your bloodline has not endeared itself.

There will be new blood in bold - and I belive our other leaders have shown themselves truly worthy of the name *leader*.

Things are looking up.

And if the people decide they've heard enough from me, well, I'll get my head down and start working like everyone else.

Report Post Tip

Good. Then shut the fuck up. You're as bad if not worse than Nick_C, I swear it.

And stop taking credit for actions you had absolutely nothing to do with. You're not fooling anyone, except maybe yourself.

Report Post Tip

Lotta - do everyone a favour and get lost whilst a meaningful conversation takes place.

Report Post Tip

Kuku, while I am one who is for this action. I have to say that no matter what Roman or -Premier has said or done in the past, they are deserving of reapect now for holding the line and attempting to thwart their attackers. But well there is another side to it. Yes it's valiant to stand up in front of those who would try to destroy you. But then it can also be seen as this, their backs are against the wall, they lnow there is no one to turn to. This is the time where they realise that their dictatorship has only been held together by fear. That fear is now gone and the people have spoken.

Even if some way they turn put victprious how can they ever again be sure about anyone, even if they survive this they will always be looking over their shoulder waiting for the next attack. Win this war or lose they now know that there pressence is not wanted.

Report Post Tip

But Chewits, Roman tried to sue for peace.  They are worthy of respect for what they achieved, yes, but they squandered it.  I wasn't being disprespectul - far from it.

Report Post Tip

Well to be honest i gave that first bit as a nod to the godfathers of chi and ny. But well as the rest of what i said that's my actual stance

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Empire Stands By CorneliusWilson
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL