Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 04:24:17
Page:  1 
what year is it Started by: Marty on Oct 23, '11 20:31

There has been much debate.

1920s,

but there has been usage of things post prohibition, like WWII era items, either domestic or otherwise.

So I present you guys this, what year is it? Please don't try to chew out people for their opinions.

Is it the roaring 20s, the depression, some weird alternate universe where it's prohibition in 1945?

I think it's like prohibition but it's still active in about 1935 and the depression isn't fully as damaging to everyone's coinpurses. So I think it's about 1935. What do you people think the year/era is?

Report Post Tip

The game is not explicitly bound to a particular year or two.

See this post

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/10433

Instead, the game is set in the general hayday of the itallian mafia, somewhere from the mid 20's to the early 40's.

Report Post Tip

The way I see it, we aren't passing chronologically through time the way we are OOC. It's all a jumbled grey area of events and happenings between 1920 and 1940, where the "timeline" doesn't actually correspond to dates and times. For RP sake, an event can have its own date and time, and the next event down the line can happen 10 years later, and still be on the same "page" in a forum.

That way, your writing is never limited by attempting to be too realistic.

Report Post Tip

The Copper man said what I meant to say, however far more eloquently.

Thanks you!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: what year is it
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL