Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 19:32:25
Page:  1 
How a wanderer blew away the WindyCity Started by: Fluffy_Tummy on Oct 05, '23 19:41

Fluff had just woken up from one of his much-needed naps, he dwelled on his thoughts. This he did not do very often, for his mind was always sharp, and he made decisions quick and decisive. But last night's events definitely did not come in a vacuum, there had been more to it. The attack on his life, which he only survived to his innate feline instincts that helped him jump out of the bullet's path due to his reaction speed being fractions faster than those large, lumpy 2 leggers.

As he looked at the burial services going in overtime in Chicago he attended two funerals himself, high ranked and respected members of his own city lay in freshly cut coffins ready for a proper sent off. He gathered his closest advisors and looked at them to explain why a Don, less than a day from achieving the Godfather Chairman title, had acted so selfishly and wasted not only his own reputation but also the lives of everyone who swore loyalty to him. Worse than that, he had done so without even informing them of his intent. Fluff mused on this, how would he do such a thing and betray those closest to him, he simply did not see how he could do that. Because, success or failure of the single act, the people holding positions of power in Chicago would have died last night irrespective of their city leader's ability to shoot Fluff or not.

Now those of you that did not follow last night events, a quick summary:

I was travelling across the country yesterday, finding high coke prices in Don Corky's Motor city, then I travelled to Chicago to do some organized crimes with the locals and find some gullible FBN agents to pickpocket. But as I was just loitering around the jail, carelessly letting criminals out, I was faced with that split second moment, where a man, not too well disguised took a shot at me and missed. Before I was able to fully identify the culprit and return fire, another man came to the scene and laid out covering fire and let the original gunman escape. As I saw the second man, and with the help of my security detail who had seen the Don at multiple meetings, I discerned it was Don TheWanderingJew who attempted to kill me and his lhm Bagpipebarry was the one facilitating his escape.

Upon this realization, I quickly scanned the area and saw another don, loyal to TWJ casually strolling his territory in the south and I decided to shoot this man. Shortly after, I ensured urgent telegrams were sent to the Godfather Chairmen in New York, Philadelphia and Los Angeles. A runner boy was hastily sent to Detroit as well to inform Don Corky of the witnesses who confirmed my observation of Don TheWanderingJew to be the instigator of the gun fire in Chicago at that moment.

All answered my message and in a nick of time many people bearing badges of Chicago based crime families dropped, and finally TWJ with some compassion for his future kin also allow himself to be found and shot by Godfather Marston in the end. 

Alas, this was not until half a score of gangster from other cities than Chicago were gunned down, but in the case of Wise guy Inst it was of his own doing and decision-making.

Now, what to make of this. Was Don TWJ just crazy, or did he crack under the pressure of having to face the old godfather in the morning. Was he perhaps feeling inadequate and not fit for the role of an established city leader, or was he afraid of others not deeming him worthy and had plans to assassinate him during his last night as a Don? Those answers I cannot give you, the only thing I can do is dig in my memory and journals to see what actions and decision this man has taken in the past.

Some of my journals read only positive things about his kin, compassionate, loyal and ready to observe proper etiquette in this thing of ours. But when looking at the man and his choices in this generation, eyebrows can be raised. Ranging from not observing proper etiquette when his protection detail was being harassed by a man named midpoint. Instead of bringing the issue to his Godfather Stiffler, he chose to run to another CL in another, leading to disastrous consequences in the end. Furthermore, he refused the offer of Godfather Balls to take reigns of the city of Detroit without proper reasons. Yet ever since he had taken the stewardship of Chicago he seemed to follow proper etiquette and smart reasoning, even when that lead to financial worries due to the unfortunate disposal of one of his higher ranked members. Yet, a man erratic between rational and irrational decisions, what to make of that?

However, in line with his last choice and ultimate sacrifice of his own city, it shows this man did not care at all about Chicago or its residents at the time, and not to mention before that he was directly or indirectly involved in the death of 3 of the last city leaders and now.. the entire city itself.

I do hope the surviving kin of those who died aside for TWJ, BagPipe and I assume Pencil, that this explanation and observations does shed light on the loss of their parent.

Report Post Tips: 19 / Total: $820,000 Tip

Gillian listens to the respectable Don's words and nods approvingly. She thought "that's a fierce, fearless and good (and extremely cute) leader". She then says, more to herself than to anyone:

"Well, i'm glad that this pathetic attempt was frustrated. Must be sad for TheWanderingJew 's children, to know that his father went down as a traitor. Hopefully they will learn from their father's mistakes. May all of the dead rest in peace."

She then looked at Fluffy_Tummy and resisted the urge to give him some belly rubs, she knew it was a fast way to lose her money, so she just nodded and said:

"Very well said, my adorable friend! I'm happy to know that you still have 6 lives yet! May your rule last for a long, long time!"

Report Post Tip

Takes a stack of paper and places them on the ground at his feet...

Going through my fathers journals I found some interesting pieces of information about this subject. Conversations he recorded with TWJ.

"...We were on the wipe list with another CL, who is at the helm of it lurking in our city.
I tried to make this an isolated incident to ensure it was only me who caught the bullet..."

-a snippet taken from a conversation my father recorded with TWJ

Even up to his last moments he continued to lie to those who served at the highest levels in his city. His claim that his intention was to be the only one who caught a bullet? That is through and through a bold face lie. He had a protection shot lined up for himself moments after he struck out first...without saying a word to anyone else in the city. After securing his own protection, now would be the time to inform those within the city, surely....right? Right? ....Wrong!

Not a word. 

When my father approached him as the witness to the attempt on his life, his only comment was that the information shouldn't be disclosed to anyone else and that he should be quiet about that fact. Concerned and curious my father asked questions and sought the other city leaders council only to find that they too were equally confused and in the dark. 

My father left a clear and concise final note on the subject. TWJ betrayed his city, his people, his honor, and Omerta. There were options that could of been taken, even after his obvious mistakes. He could of done multiple things differently to preserve the city as a whole but he chose to do what was in his own best interest. He let his paranoia control his actions and those actions were taken without council, without concern for others, and were his irrational thoughts of his own best interest. 

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $140,000 Tip

This may be an unpopular opinion but I respect TheWanderingJew for doing whatever it was he believed in. Guess its nice to go out and die on your terms.

I have many questions but that's okay.

Rest in peace to the fallen. May your kins have bright and luminous futures in their future endeavours.

Now we go back to Kumbaya right?

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $100,000 Tip

Don FluffyTummy, thank you for coming out with the explanation for the events that transpired the other day. The rumor mill is often spinning and I think it's important to get a first hand account.

Mr. Wandering Jew had always been pleasant and cordial in my conversations with him, and this is a shame all around that so many have lost their lives on a desperate or paranoid evening. Prior to these events, I would have said he was a worthy heir to the Chicago Godfather position and would have served it well- a reality that isn't possible now.

Much like Lissa, I find it hard to fault a man who acts on his instincts as we're not present in his head, but I think this is a righteous and painful posthumous reminder of the consequences of harboring resentment and sleepless concern where no evidence can back it up.

I wish the dead a restful sleep, and hope the lineage can find their way on these shores.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

SpaceCowboy was leaning against the wall of some established coffee shop while smoking his cigarette, hiding in the crowd of people gathered around to hear the news of Chicago's demise.

After listening to Fluffy_Tummy speak SpaceCowboy decides to pack up his things and head to the airport for a flight back home. Shaking his head in disgust seeing a city that was flourishing now turned to ashes due to a suicide mission. 

"Truly a shame to see a man many respected turn to such tactics without a care in the world for those working under his regime."

SpaceCowboy murmurs to himself before leaving.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: How a wanderer blew away the WindyCity
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL