Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 09:24:16
Page:  1 
To the Docks, To the Airports! Started by: NineSecondMan on Oct 17, '23 10:50

If there was one thing that NineSecondMan had noticed, it was that there appeared to be a lack of people frequenting local bars, crime seemed to be down, coffee shop chatter was steady but even so there was a time where you couldn't hear yourself think, let alone talk. And it wasn't as if there had been a mass population decline, people were still making babies. Thanks to NineSecondMan, that process was in fact being sped up. Afterall, he was quite the ladies man, mainly due to his namesake and the fact that the same woman wouldn't lay down twice with him. A curse or a blessing, he wasn't yet sure.

NineSecondMan had been doing some thinking, what was it that was causing such a decline in illegal activity across the country? People appeared to want their kids to go legit these days as opposed to bringing them into a life of crime. So what could be done?

NineSecondMan had an idea, first understand the problem, then address it.

"Friends, Family, Mafiosi. Today I stand here before you and pose a question and spark discussion.

What is the cause in the decreasing amount of people finding their way into a life of crime?

Is it the previous regimes that we've seen come and go that have driven some away?

Is it that the idea of making a life in this thing of ours is no longer seen as an attractive option?

I firmly believe that if there were more mobsters around there would be more peace, less coffee shop affiliations and a healthier community. It's no surprise that my bloodline takes a break and returns to see the same faces up and amongst it in the race for leadership and controlling the world as we know it. Just recently the bloodline of Disorder was around, a person with whom some very dark days transpired, now a new regime with bloodlines who have committed similar atrocities takes over. Not to say that the sins of the father are the sins of the sons but what I mean to say is, I genuinely believe if there were more mobsters it would encourage more opportunity to break away from the typical moulds we see these bloodlines take. A more diverse community rather than a separation of 2,3,4 groups that aim to take over each and every time. There has to be more than this rinse and repeat option and maybe that is the reason for the decline in mobsters within this thing of ours.

Of course, I could just be talking nonsense and the general feeling is that there hasn't been a decline at all but for me it just feels like there is. Even just by coming out here to these streets, to these bars, they're seldom packed with onlookers and customers. Coffee Shops seem quieter. People seems to engage less within crews. Engagement should be the one thing that is consistently high, there's little else for us to do beyond that. I don't know it just feels as if things are, well, stale I guess. Feel free to correct me, to tell me to shut up, I know we've just had a war and I can see what you're all thinking "What the fuck are you talking about, NineSecondMan? How can anyone as handsome as you be so dumbfounded to think as much?" 

Well, all I can say is it's down to us to effect this change if we want it. So not only am I here to pose my earlier question but also to put a request to you all.

For the sake of this place, call up your cousins, call up your friends, call up your siblings, fuck, ask your grandmother, see if there are people who need to earn some extra money and don't mind getting their hands dirty. This life of ours needs them. So head to the docks, head to the airports, action is needed. We are all of us responsible for this.

Or are we happy with the state of play right now?"

NineSecondMan dodges a cabbage and then another before running behind AdamSmasher for protection from the vexation of a few mobsters who clearly thought what was being said was drivel.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: To the Docks, To the Airports!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL