Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:57:04
Page:  1 
Philadelphia Started by: Cassi on Oct 27, '11 05:25

Cassi lit up a cigarette as she walked through the streets of her city. It pained her to see so many of the buildings reduced to rubble. Her heart was still heavy with grief as she thought of all the loved ones that had lost their lives. As she approached Grif's old headquarters, still empty and abandoned, she sighed, settling down onto the sidewalk. She took a long drag from her cigarette, then pulled it away from her mouth staring at it. She hadn't smoked in months, but she figured a couple during this time wouldn't hurt.

Have you ever had that feeling... Where you just want to look to the heavens and cry out, "WHAT NEXT?!"? I used to be that person. I used to see a tragedy and think, how could that have happened. And then see another tragedy just after that and think, what in the world could happen next?? I used to see the bad and wonder what exactly was good that could come from it. And then I met Philadelphia.

She took another deep drag from her cigarette, exhaling slowly as she seemed to suddenly be lost in thought. Absentmindedly, she pulled another cigarette from her handbag, using the current cigarette to light it before grounding it out into the street with the toes of her shoe. When she snapped back to the present, there was a very soft smile on her face.

When we first made the move to Philadelphia, I was apprehensive. I would follow my leader anywhere, but when I came into this life in my mothers footsteps, my heart was with our current city. But I made the move, because first and foremost I made a commitment to my leader, Grif and secondly, I believed in him and what he could do with a new city. And as that city begin to grow and I began to see all the people coming in, meeting them, interacting with them, I realized what a great city we were growing.

Cassi took a few drags from her cigarette, staring up at the sky as a lone tear fell down her cheek. She reached up and slowly wiped it away. Taking the last drag from her cigarette, she tossed it to the ground, grinding her shoe against it and the pavement. She ran a hand through her hair, thinking of everything that was and hopeful of everything that could be.

So here we stand, rebuilding the city yet again, after one major loss, comes more. But do you know why I'm not looking to the heavens crying out, "WHAT'S NEXT!?"?? Because I know what is next. I have seen what the great people of this city can do. And with every single set back, they only get stronger. Their determination is unlike any other I've witnessed. Their faith in themselves, in me and in their city is like a ray of sunlight bursting from a cloud filled sky. Their loyalty is like the light from a lighthouse, shining brightly in the night to guide one home. Their resilience is like a tree that grows up through the concrete, that won't be cut down. It shouldn't grow there, but just like the flower, just like my city, it goes against all odds and says, "I belong here."

To say that I have learned from them is an understatement. I have watched, I have learned, I have laughed, I have cried, I have been proud. To those that have died for this city, please know that your sacrifices are not in vain. What you put into this city, I expect will come back to those that continue putting into it tenfold. For those that are still standing, still giving, you are my inspiration. So let me tell you. If you ever feel like looking up at the heaven's and crying out, you think of Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love, the place where dreams are built and hero's are made.

Report Post Tip

To the city of Brotherly Love, and to you Don Cassi. In my brief few days in this city, I have seen people question you, people attempt to aggrivate you, and others attempt to humiliate you. You've handled it all with grace and tact. That skill, much like wielding a powerful gun takes time to hone, and you've just about mastered it. I firmly believe in this city, and with your guidence, Philadelphia will prosper, grow, and her members will continue to make you proud.

Report Post Tip

SuperDuke stood near Cassi, and smoked his cigerette as well. SuperDuke hadn't been in Philly very long, but he liked the vibe. Philly was going places, and with Cassi running the show it is bound to happen.

Cassi, I ask "What's next" as well, but the answer i get is only good things and the future looks bright for the city of "Brotherly Love". You are doing a fantastic job, and I look forward to what the future holds.

SuperDuke flilcked his cigerette and pulled out his flask. He unscrewed the top, and took a long healthy drink of the whiskey.

This is to you Cassi, your city, and your crews. Lets do something amazing!

Report Post Tip

Cassi, dear.

You are the first star out at dusk. The one of which wishes are made and dreams come true on. All others pale in comparison.

You are a natural born leader and one of few who know the meaning of friendship.

With all your skill and abilities, you will lead Philly on to bigger and better things.

Report Post Tip

Its always difficult when we are hit so hard economically and demographically with the recent events but thats sometimes where we find the truth strength of ourselves and our members.  I wander the busy streets and watch the employment opportunities offered my way and i feel needed and grateful. I look upon the new challenges but at the same time I get daunted as feel my uncles recent death puts me that much further back playing catch up.

These are the things that challenge us and make or break us, but i wish you the best in looking into those souls and showing them the way forward.

Report Post Tip

Cassi i've made the same pledge to you that you once made to Grif. No matter what, the people of philadelphia are behind you and together we are moving forward

Report Post Tip

Tonks smiles at Cassi as she stands close at her side.  She looks around at the Philly family members and smirks at them.

Philly has survived so much, but there is no way we could have with out you Cassi.  You are our Godmother, and you are also the heart and soul of Philly!  We depend on you for so many things, I doubt you ever really understand how much you mean to us, and how much we truly need you here with us!

Report Post Tip

LanskY looks around at what Philly has become.  He sees some of the best leaders next to him.  He realizes that it is not one person who is going to carry the city, rather one person to lead great people to great things.  He knows deep down this leader is Cassi.  He looks at the strengths, the weaknesses of these people and know that Philly is becoming stronger than ever. There is not a time of day LanskY goes outside and see's family memebers hustling for the better of the city.

LanskY takes the flask from Duke, takes a pull,

Long Live Cassi and the Great City Of Philadelphia!

Report Post Tip

Omni approaches the crowd overhearing a very pretty woman speaking in the front. He realizes it's Cassi and begins to smile.

Cassi, my bloodline has watched you grow into a great leader, no matter the circumstances you came out and took a hold of Philly like a leader is supposed to. I look forward to working with you and Philadelphia throughout my life here in this world. I imagine I will do great things for the city of Philly.

Omni gives Cassi a hug and walks back into his cave

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Philadelphia
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL