Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:11:37
Page:  1 
Occupy This Thing of Ours! Started by: High-Society on Oct 27, '11 12:43

High Society after countless calls, confusion, and lost revenue for his 'business endeavors' had had enough. It was time to end this oopresive reign of terrony! who did those meddling sharks think they were! he decided to ask others and they to agreed! High Society decided it was time to take to the streets and make his point known. These sharks would not soon be forgotten! 

People of the Streets, i come to you now! I do not ask for your money, your hard days earnings, your retirement...No, i do not ask these things of you because i know just how hard you work for it and would only wish you to keep it! I to was once a spritely new fellow to these shores. High Society looks around and doesn't actually see a shore... but hopes people will understand the metaphore  Yes, it seems like only yesterday, or maybe the day before the day before that, that i to was new to this place and hoping to make my riches here on these city streets! But it appears that Someone has new plans for us! They don't want our hard earned cash in our pockets where it belongs. No Sir, No they do not!

High Society lights a menthol cigarette and pauses for a brief moment

These sharks, these 'launderers' if you will, are demanding we take our hard earned money, earned of course by robbing an old woman, getting protection money from the local butcher, or going postal at the mail center,  yes take our money and clean it first! I for one do not need an intermediate agent to wash, fold, or iron my money for me! I do not need my money presnetable, or sanitized. Unless it is from a Rourke, in which case, wash it twice!. No i do not wish to prepare my money for acceptable use at additional cost to me, nor disguise the source of nature of my funds, however much they may be. We here are in the business, and our business is, well questionable. But this is a known fact to all of us and until this time we have seen fit to survive until now, thse bankers, these money washers, want our money? They want to clean ti for us, without us even asking. I dont like it one bit!

So i ask you all, stand with me if you would! Peacefully, of course! A peaceful assembly in an organized fashion and let's understand exactly what this washer man is trying to accomplish!

Occupy This Thing of Ours and let's ask the question and get the answers! And let's change it back! Because I don't like it! No, We Dont Like It! We dont want 99%! The 1% is holding us back from out potential, no matter how small or incremental! Ask the questions, inform responses, manage back to our leaders, pray to the gods of this place and let them know of your concerns! I ask of you only what you now think to yourself. We are the many, not the few. Let us be known!

High Society steps back into the streets and begins to shake hands with some people

Report Post Tip

Pickles pulls out his official hippie drum set and begins to beat them sans shirt.

"Nobody knows the troubles I've seen . . . "

Report Post Tip

Instead of $150,000 on a business deal, I just made only £148,500. HOW WILL I AFFORD TO FEED MY FAMILY NOW?!

Rips his shirt in rage and pounds the floor with his bloodied fists.

Report Post Tip

The other day during a completely legitimate purchase of prescription medicine I had realized that I had other business to attend to so I sold it back to the clerk. We both broke even, or so I thought. Later that day when I went to the local bank to get my supposedly clean money my account was emptied. $134,826 was stolen by the damn local tellers! I prayed to the gods but my prayers have gone unanswered.

Report Post Tip

Texas my friend, we all understand these troubles you've seen. It's truely disconcerting. We are all here to stand together under the tyrannical fist of this new force of eveil. They call him The Launderer, yea The Launderer. He's the type of guy that likes to roam around. Taking some of our money as he roams from town to town. Yea he's The Launderer.

Big Easy, Sprozz, these are valid reactions gentleman! voice that frustration and angst! and also, put some antiseptic on those fists Mr. Sprozz. that could get infected!

Report Post Tip

Increases family tax by 1%

While our members still lose 1% of income, this will effect our donations received by 1% i best put it up by 2% just to compensate...... Orrr is this making no difference and we will still lose 1% whatever we do? :D

Report Post Tip

As it stands, we all still will lose that 1%. It will never be seen. Donations, Tributes, money gained at the crime level(petty, felony, selling drugs), will be impacted every transaction by 1% of the total take for that crime, As i understand it.

Report Post Tip

Just earlier today, I was walking down the street and I found a penny on the ground.  A shiny new penny!  And, the launderer grabbed it from me and said "Just in case you find a dollar later!"

Report Post Tip

This is precisely why I keep my shiniest pennies in my stocking.

Report Post Tip

Speaking of the 1%... 1% of monsters eat 99% of the cookies. Just saying.

Report Post Tip

That's what the statisticians want you to believe. I keep 100% of my cookies in my other stocking. I'm fresh on the streets, a busy gal's gotta feed herself somehow - even if it does mean having the lumpiest calves in town.

I didn't come here to look pretty anyway.

Report Post Tip

I cam here to look pretty. And i think i did a right fine job i do, i do! But a penny laundered, is a penny squandered, and we cant have that!

Report Post Tip

You're a fine example of prettiness, High Society. Exemplary, in fact - I don't know of anyone else who could carry off that baby pink monacle with such gravitas. Do you get a bonus for looking so damn good?

For the record, I do empathise with your sentiments, but for now I won't be quibbling over 1%. As long as I have enough for my cookies and incontinence intervention from McKnighter, I'm a happy bunny.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Occupy This Thing of Ours!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL