Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 22:36:14
Page:  1 
Mafias Mt. Rushmore Started by: Yaveo on Oct 22, '23 14:26

With the recent beginnings of Mt. Rushmore being worked on catapulting 4 talented and arguably the best presidents to Grace the seat. Somewhere in South Dakota was being carved this monument to showcase excellence and as he learned more about it he began to ponder, who would be considered in contention for the Mafias Mt. Rushmore. 

All this talk of the best of the bests has recently plagued my brain recently. My radio channels and all these articles in the paper have been about these four men who are being carved into a side of a mountain, these four men that many would claim to be the best presidents up to now. I have a different view personally as I believe Jackson should be up there but I am also not a historian. 

Yaveo pulled out a journal and flipped to one of the earlier pages. As he did he began to talk about it.

There have been many great mobsters, some leaders and some just dictator like creatures who dominated the world. But I would like to open a discussion to the masses and see who others may consider one of the all time greats in our history. This isn’t intended to be a debate or an argument as much as it is meant to pay homage to some of the very best to ever do it. That shared, who from your ancestors stands out as some of the greatest of all times that you would put on your own Mafia Mt. Rushmore. 

I will go first and list two former Mobsters that stand out to me immediately. The first is an old Godfather named Roman he did things at a time no one else came close to doing. The second is a Godfather named Curtis, my lineage wasn’t around when he dominated but various individuals informed me of his rule and how well he pulled strings. I am going to reserve my other two picks for now in hopes that others will join this conversation.

Who makes your top four of all time? Who do you consider to be some of the very best to ever do it and what makes you claim them? 

I think to help you consider what qualification to look at is What they accomplished while they were alive. If there are other things to consider please inform me!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
TheDean
Upon his retirement, he authed four godfathers into the world. The landscape was forever changed. Fond memories of my kinfolks time with him. Most before and almost everyone after have been nothings during their time, and instantly forgotten when they received their much deserved deaths.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip
This discussion doesn’t even begin without the name Marietta. Many people these days have absolutely no clue who she was but Detroit under her is still one of the greatest cities of all time.she changed this world and set many things we still do today in motion.

A few that have been mentioned as well. TheDean and Roman were absolutely ruthless in their effectiveness.

As for the 4th member it’s nearly impossible for me to decide on someone. There have been many legends over the years from Tita to Marston and a dozen others. I’ll leave that 4th slot open for a future legend. For now I’ll put Don Keypunch in there just because I can.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $120,000 Tip

"Well, Jackson was a genocidal maniac, so I'm going to have to disagree with you there, but as far as a Mt. Rushmore of mafia folk? Sure, why not."

Vinny coughs and straightens his tie, attempting to look like an authority on the subject...

"The first spot I'm going to give to Ganelon. Ganelon set the blueprint a long time ago for what dominance and control in our mafia world looks like. He did this while remaining, to most people anyways, an affable fellow. It's hard to imagine how his reign may have come to an end had extraordinary forces not taken over.

The second spot I'm giving to Anita. The first ever ACTUAL godfather, who achieved that goal at a time when it was extremely difficult. Some even thought it impossible. Any Mt. Rushmore without her on it is an embarrassment to the sculptor and his idiotic benefactors. Anita had a fearsome hitsquad with the likes of FlyingPig, Manny Luciano, JesseJames, and other hitter legends mowing down anyone who dared look at her sideways. Anita was another dominant figure whose reign came to an end due to extraordinary forces.

The third spot I'm giving to Oberon. This is another one from so long ago that many of you mobsters were probably in diapers at the time he ruled. Oberon held absolute power like the others and had a fearsome hitsquad to protect him, but he was a peaceful guy and very rarely exercised his power in a violent manner. He was known for his frequent visits to the streets and his weekly Sunday address where he would inform the peons of the world what was going on in the upper echelons. Oberon was the ideal for what a leader with an active street presence should look like.

The final spot goes to UncleNicky. He was ruthless in his defense of his family and his city and may have been the first to attempt a nationwide network of affiliated families, basically a monopoly of all organized crime activities. He wasn't the most talkative in the world, but when the situation called for it, Nicky would go out to the streets and address the masses like a very articulate businessman. He is best known for what became the U.N. motto: "Ten for One". Meaning, if you kill one of his guys, he will kill ten of yours. He meant it and he did it, and the entire country knew it and gave him a wide berth. Nicky makes the list due to his legacy and how much power he held at the time. Few were able to imagine what it might take to bring down the U.N. network, and it actually took a fluke shot from a rogue within his own family to begin the unraveling.

The one these four have in common is that they left a legacy - something to remember them by. Leaders in more recent years have not tried to do this. They have opted for longevity or simply strengthening their power. These are nice goals to have, but accomplishing them does not result in being remembered."

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mafias Mt. Rushmore
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL