Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 22:30:42
Help
0 Watchers
Page:  1 
NPM INFO: The ins and outs of NPMs Started by: Squishy on Oct 29, '11 20:47

I have been reading some things about NPMs that seem to be misunderstood so I am taking a few moments to fully explain what the NPMs do and how they operate.

NPMs are "veteran family members" who do the work and never make a fuss.
Like every other family member, they stop at wiseguy and depend on their crewleader to promote them past wiseguy.
If the crewleader wants them to be mademan or above, they now provide the mademan+ bonus to the crew stats.
At any rank, they also provide the member count bonus to the crew stats.
NPMs also contribute to the DFP availability count of the city.
NPMs can catch witnesses if they are active at the time of the crime and they get selected to witness it.
NPMs, if missed on, can return fire if provided with a crew gun.
NPMs count towards your MIA count when they are shot.
NPMs cost 10 credits to purchase.
NPMs last 31 days, after which they suicide if they are not killed first.
NPMs kick up daily income that starts off small and increases as they age.
NPMs randomly kick up money as tributes for money they earned in OCs, as well as pay OC taxes.
NPMs average around 5.5-6.5 million a month in earnings. (The cost being 9 credits (1 being deducted when used as an MIA) works out to be profitable in most scenarios when credit prices are under 600k each.

Just a few of the points about NPMs that some people seemed to be confused about, I hope this clears up some of those questions.

Report Post Tip

If the crewleader wants them to be mademan or above, they now provide the mademan+ bonus to the crew stats.
At any rank, they also provide the member count bonus to the crew stats.

Do they count as actual members in the HQ though? If I remember correctly I was still able to invite someone directly to the HQ without a sponsor after we had went past the 25 members limit, I think we had 5 NPMs and maybe 22 or 23 real players, I don't mind that the NPMs go directly under the CL, but I do however think they should count for the HQ numbers as well if they're gonna give you some type of bonus for being part of the family.

Report Post Tip

They do count towards your crew count, but do not need sponsors when created and your crew is above 25 members.

Report Post Tip

Yeah, but what I was talking about was reversed. This was on my last char a few weeks ago, we had 4-5 NPMs, and were at 27 or 28 in total members including those NPMs, yet I was still able to invite someone as a LHM to the family without using my sponsor option, which is why I raise this question, are they similar as to when you mass mail your members, where you can have 30 members but only 20 get the mass mail, meaning 10 of the members are NPMs? If so then the count isn't really accurate as you for some reason would still be able to invite without using sponsors if majority of members were NPMs.

My point is, if you have 30 members as in the example above, and 10 of those were NPMs.. the CL, RH or LH shouldn't be able to invite new players to the HQ without using a sponsor for it as you would have exceeded the 25 limit, but getting more NPMs would be possible, which I don't really mind as they can't be "sponsored" and go directly under the CL.. but there should be consequences for doing so, if you whore up on NPMs and leave yourself with no Made+ to sponsor new members, it's all on you.

Report Post Tip

There is a limit you can get based on HQ size and member count, ruthlesspig.

Squishy, is that earnings count still accurate?? Most I've saw them earn lately is more like 4.5 million.

Report Post Tip

5.5 - 6.5 million

I must of had some really lazy in the past NPMs then. The average was normally between 4.5-5 mill

Report Post Tip

I know that too, lol. But let me try and explain it in a simpler way:

Crew Members: 28
Real Player Members: 23
NPM Members: 5

25 Limit for inviting without a sponsor had been passed if we look at the total members.

Yet, I was still able to invite someone without using a sponsor for the invite. Which is why I ask if they really count as members other than what we see on a CL's profile, Crews list and Crew page. Because according to the above, they don't really count other than giving you a +1 on your member count for each NPM.

Which means when it comes to invites, it only counts the RP Members (23) and not the total including the NPMs (28)... Which should be fixed if I'm right, because if they're going to give you some sort of bonus by being in the CL's HQ, then they should be counted as real members... as there should be some type of consequence if you decide to stack up on NPM members, they don't sleep in the streets, they occupy your HQ as any other member would.

An example would be if there happened to be a war, all your real Made+ happen to die, and you sit there with maybe 10 NPMs and 20 real members that aren't Made yet... what are you going to do if you can't invite your loyal members back into the family? You'd either have to beg someone to lend you a Made or above for you to do the invites through a sponsor or you'd have to start popping NPMs and IAs in your family, which would be the consequence in this case if you were to buy too many NPMs and didn't think things through properly as you set up shop.

Does that explanation make more sense? :P

Report Post Tip

Squishy, is that earnings count still accurate?? Most I've saw them earn lately is more like 4.5 million.

The 10 or so NPMs that are near their end of term are between 4.5M and 5.6M

A big chunk of thier income is based upon OCs, so when half the site gets dumped down to low rankers, there are much less OCs happening, and a higher failure rate due to the lack of high rankers to help the success. Since OCs are based upon same city members or located in that city, this means that cities with more crews make a little more than cities that are smaller (less people eligible for crimes, translating into less crimes being run) Their daily kickups stay the same however, its the other 1/3rd of the scenario (random kickups from OC profits and taxes) that takes a hit when the majority of high rankers die.

If you guys want, I can pull a backup from right before the war so you can see what the average was 1.5 weeks ago right before the war. The current NPMs will make a little less than average until people rank up and can start doing OCs again, but considering what current prices are for credits the ratio of in/out seems to stay about the same.

Report Post Tip

Makes sense. Just wanted to ensure that my city didn't simply have lazy robots as I can't recall the last time one went over 5 million, if ever.

But I do know that when I worked in Chicago they made much more, so that goes along with the scenario you painted and puts my mind at ease.

Report Post Tip

Are there any downsides to having them in your family or even in the game? Just seems like a win win

Report Post Tip

There are no actual downsides to be honest. Since they were brought in though there has been a lit of people against them.

Report Post Tip

The downside is when you get in a war, you lose 10 credits for each one you have in your family. But in these times, you can buy tons of these without worrying about a war.

Report Post Tip

The downsides would be if your crew is approaching full, its best to leave some spots open so that you can invite new members in. The other would be the CL dying or having the NPM wacked before they are old enough to have paid for their initial cost and moved into the profitable zone.

Report Post Tip

Help
Replying to: NPM INFO: The ins and outs of NPMs
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL