Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:12:33
Page:  1 
Your upcoming death (Godfather's Perspective) Started by: EvilClown on Oct 31, '11 14:25

HowTo: Face your upcoming death (A Godfathers perspective).

With the recent death of several Godfathers I took to imagining what our remaining leaders of the people would have thought at the ease of which the herds of bodyguards they have as protection were culled.

Try to put yourselves in their position...

You have worked tirelessly for months, sometimes for over 2 years, sometimes for nearly a year (but not quite), to see all your hard work cast aside like a half eaten rancid kebab on a night after bingo.

Maybe the final moments of your life would be categorised something like this:

This isn't exactly the highest point of your soon to be ended life; you are bound and gagged, kneeling on the floor, and a gun is pointed straight at your head. Your bodyguards have been methodically stripped away and your entire city has been laid waste or turned its back on you. A quick glance of your assailant shows he isn't your run-of-the-mill petty criminal, but a bona fide well-armed, well-armored assassin; you should be proud of being rich and famous enough to attract such an exclusive crowd. He mumbles something about how it's a "shame" that "it had to come to this", but because you are bound and gagged, it's difficult to hear him, which is somewhat sad, since you can't hear his well prepared pre-mortem one liner, which must have taken him hours to think of. After his eloquent speech, he cocks his gun dramatically and presses it hard on your temples. There is no escape, nor is there any recourse: you will die.

Just because you're about to die, though, doesn't mean you have to pout! Death is inevitable; though some people such as you have the slight misfortune of experiencing it more dragged out than others, the end result is all the same. The difference between you and say, someone with Australasian flu, is the timescale. While someone who has zero bodyguards has no time at all to think about thier impending doom, you however will have plenty time to think about your death, you only have, say, on average 3 / 4 hours to think. Unfortunately, people in your situation, instead of facing their death properly, dwell on their impending doom, or foolishly hope for rescue. People who do this always end up dead.

So I put this question to you all (put yourself in a Godfathers position), you have 3 maybe 4 hours left to live, everyone of note is protected in one way or another, no one is left to turn to, there are no more branches to clutch and grasp at.

What do you do?

Report Post Tip

start shooting people who are not of note most probably based on their wealth

im a prick like that

Report Post Tip

Sit down have a good meal, have some good wine and then take a nap.

Report Post Tip

Find one of their Gangster or Goomba IWP and shoot his ass...

Ow yeah, I almost forget to say it. My frienddd! (feel the spit)

Report Post Tip

I would hope most would try and take down as many assailants as possible. Fly from city to city dragging it out as long as possible picking off some people on the way.

Report Post Tip

This is simple to answer, if i knew who it was that had orchestrated the attack I would make it my goal before my death that they are in the ground before I was. While faced with multiple attackers it would be difficult to survive then I would target the head. That or depending on who would benefit the most from my demise I would ensure that my dying breaths were spent thwarting their attempts at succeeding. While I'm alive I will fight until the bitter end and with that end my attackers would be absolved as their goal is to remove me and with my death signals the end.

Report Post Tip

I would invite the 12 or so closest to me for one last...dinner...at my place.  I'd tell stories, offer forgiveness, and one last great meal.  I'd offer them the cup of my soda,and the plate of my candies, and thank all of them for their hard work for me while I was alive.  I'd offer them every last bit of advice I could muster, and every last bit of encouragement so they could go on without me.

I'd enjoy that time left, unconcerned that death was coming, and have the time of my life.  Then I'd be led to the slaughter by thoe closest to me - with a wink and a smile, and face it head held high. 

Or I'd run screaming. 

Can't decide yet.

Report Post Tip

Well first off you die. We all do it at some point,it is inevitable.

Hopefully you have left instructon to your offspring on how NOT to act after your death. They should let you die with some dignity and grace.

Then you make nice with fishes who wll be your neighbors until you rot yourself free from your cement shoes.

GF or not, we all die the same way. Who is to say a GF should feel more of a loss of life as a wiseguy who was shot in the face at his button ceremony?

Preparing yourself for death means you are worried about it, and worrying is a waste of time. 

If you know you are going to die, take the time to reflect and pass that information on to your children.

Report Post Tip

"This isn't exactly the highest point of your soon to be ended life; you are bound and gagged, kneeling on the floor, and a gun is pointed straight at your head."

well options are very limited in that case, I can try for the simple struggle and try and escape lunging with my head at the target and using my keen sense of hearing in an attempt to drop the assailant but i will be honest escaping a building your detained in is always gonna be an interesting case and better to be shot trying to do some damage then sitting their making your peace with god.

As a metaphor of the situation i believe if you cant get at the people you need to, you hit someone where it hurts their friends, their allies, their money makers and accountants.  remove as much of the support structures around them before you go whether their crewleaders, hands as makes it more difficult to recruit, make money and i have seen many a persons blood boil over those closest to them being killed.  When you cant strike at the heart of an organisation you just have to damage the vital organs so when the next coup comes that organisation is so much weaker and vulnerable no matter how stern a face put on.  Even a few hitmen being removed can cripple a smaller family but when your gonna die sometimes is best to take those you can with you as whats the gain in waiting for it.

Report Post Tip

I would sue for peace.  Get all my people into safe places and assure their survival.  Then, I would fight it out until my last bullet left the chamber.  But, hey, that's just me.

Report Post Tip

I well. me against the world eh? I'll take a shot at the leader of my opponent's army even if it kills me. even if i do get shot after that, at least i could havei njured or take down their leader. or well, if you can't beat them, join them. Yeah I might do that lol

Report Post Tip

assure their survival

No way to assure that when you are alive let alone dead.

Everyone will do what everyone has done in the past, 1 of 2 things

1 - go down guns blazing without a care in the world, try and pick off their biggest targets

2 - do nothing and die

or in the unlikely event bargin for peace and then either do something stupid or get shot in 2 weeks time

Report Post Tip

Am I right in thinking that Roman's cease & desist offer was the only time a GF has sued for peace?

Report Post Tip

I don't think Roman sued for peace. I believe he felt he would win the war as he had so many before so he was making an offer to the other side to sue for peace. Perhaps a brash sentiment considering what he faced but the same confidence and swagger that drove him to make such an offer was also what allowed him to climb to top and stay there for so long.

As for Godfathers that have sued for peace I can look back in my journal and find at least one from Las Vegas I believe that offered to kill off the majority of his city and then offered a large sum of money to be allowed to live before finally retiring once his city was gone and he stood alone, his offer having been declined. The funny thing was that he retired to the cheers of the children of several who died under him. I'm not sure they ever knew the fact he tried to sell them out to survive.

Report Post Tip

I thank you all for your input.

Lets hope that the world has calmed down somewhat and the current crop of Godfathers don't have to go through the horror of watching a life's work slip through their fingers being able to NOTHING at all about it.

Power to the People :)

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Your upcoming death (Godfather's Perspective)
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL