Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:11:40
Page:  1 
New Beginning in Tinseltown Started by: Jade on Nov 01, '11 04:22

Jade exits out of a landmark, clad in the best clothes available to her person. She marches along to the private limo that awaited outside of said landmark, a specific bodyguard moves to open the door for the Godfather, giving a firm nod with a brief greetings. Jade flashes a smile towards the bodyguard, slipping inside the limo. Inside, McKnighter awaits with an empty shot glass, and a small pack of note cards prepared for the coming speech. The well-tailored man politely nods, offering the cards to his Godfather. "How are you feeling?" asks McKnighter, showing a faint sign of concern, but seemed to brush it off. Jade dismisses the worry with a hand, "I'll be fine, it's just the new air that's bothering me is all."

McKnighter merely nods, respecting the wishes of his Godfather. Jade kept a stoic expression, briefly glancing through the series of note cards until they reached the stage that was erected for her speech. It was being held in a park, a rather peaceful location that could easily be monitored and maintained by security. The same bodyguard steps out of the limo's front passenger seat to open the door for the pair, McKnighter exiting first, followed by the V.I.P. A crowd was already forming, and the rest of the guards were stationed about to secure the area. McKnighter and Jade stroll up to the rear of the stage, looking around to make sure everything is in order, bowing briefly to allow her to take her position. Jade runs a few fingers through her hair, a confident and determine expression overcoming her. She steps up onto the wooden deck, placing her note cards upon the lone stand that stood in the center. Her eyes briefly scan the crowd, filled with all sorts of people from all the different cities. She lets out a small exhale, her lips moving to begin the speech.

Greetings. I welcome you all to the city of Los Angeles, which is recovering from the war that has shaken the foundation of this thing of ours to the very core. The outcries of the people have been heard, and so the necessary actions have been taken. My condolences to all the families who have suffered losses during that terrible period of time.

A brief pause to allow the shifting of cards to take place.

Change. Change is something we all plead and call for. It was among the ground reasons for the destruction that was caused. There has been some concerns that perhaps the war was fought just so that different groups could assume control of the different cities, and that we would remain how it has always been.

Jade scans the surrounding crowd, her eyes solid at the subject.

First off, I assure you that I am one for change. I fought to dismantle the old regime, I am not about to go back to their ways. We are going to correct the mistakes that were made, and pave the old ways back into our times.

That being said, I am going to make a promise today. Street presence is going to become more important than it has been within my city, in hopes that the other seven will offer their own twist to the mix. It doesn't have to be always a serious discussion, you're allowed to have fun with your fellow friends and business partners as long as you keep in mind that the public will be there to view everything you do. I, myself, will be more active within the Streets to be an example to others. I'll also show how you're able to enjoy yourself without getting in trouble.

With that I wanted to add up that Flowah will hold the position of business Manager here in the city of Angels, anything concerning about having a business here , she is the woman to talk to.

With a faint smile, she shifts cards once more.

However, I want to address one issue that has been brought before us all. Funerals, freedom of speech, and respect.

I have lost many friends due to the war, yet you do not see me dancing upon my enemies' graves because I was among the victors. Death is something to respect, even if you might have disliked the person in life. No one of my city will be disrespectful and insulting in any sort of funeral, be it even a rogue. I truly hope that everyone will understand, and be kind enough to stay away from the caskets if they have nothing good to say.

Jade lets out a soft sigh as she puts on a bright smile, simply storing the note-cards away as she speaks freely.

This all being said, I wish to announce that the city of Angels is hitting the ground running. And we welcome all those who would wish to commit themselves to working hard in the glitzy city as we try to restore it to its past glory.

The woman signals a faint nod towards her audience as she takes her leave from the stage.

Report Post Tip

Sinfest happened to be walking by when he heard this speach from such a pretty gal when he notices it happens to be the newly established godmother of Las Angeles. He stops and pays attention to the speech and is happy to hear that Las Angeles is finally with a family. Knowing all them ritzy houses in LA are ripe for the picking he cant help but be a bit jealous of all the opportunites this godmother's family have and decides to speak up

"Congradulations Ms Jade I really hope you realize how lucky you are to have so many places to make some good cash from. I wish you well in your adventures and hope that Las Angeles rises up and becomes a place with a lasting family now seeing as I have been in this world for quite some time now and I dont believe anyone has made such a awesome place their home yet. Good luck Godmother and may your families be blessed with long life"

Sinfest hails a taxi and waves at Godmother Jade with a slight blush and goes off for some new money making plan he has

Report Post Tip

Alchemy waits for Godmother Jade to finish speeking and offers he's hand for her to step down from the stand. "It's alright McKnighter i've got this one" Mcknighter nods in agreement.

Jade I can only wait in excitement in what you will bring to this great city. I know first hand what energy and excitement you brought to the MoD after the unfortunate steping down of Panda. It was that moment where our paths crossed for the first time. I was at a place back then where I did not care for much and had no desire to succeed and be invovled in family life but you changed that, your desire to make everyone great and skill of making a family come alive and comunicate to an extent i've not seen in so long made me the guy I am today, for that I thank you.

Now for the future! You as always have the full suport and backing of The NHS, to make this city greater than its ever been before, a bold statement some might say but I know what skill lives within this city so I have chosen my words very carefully when I made that statement. Life is something that we will be bringing back to L.A and the desire for success and to achieve.

Godmother Jade has paid her dues to get to where she is and has given me the chance to work by her side with Flowah to help clean up the blood stained streets of our city and watch it flurish past the greatness of old. We have had the chance to watch the mistakes and bad judgements made and most importantly learned from it.

Its a new era of our great city an era we look forward to making a success, we don't pretend to have all the answers to all the problems but I can promise this, we dam well sure will do everything possible to keep learning, keep teaching, keep growing. Half arsed is not how we work here.

Alchemy tips his hat towards Jade, "full steam ahead my friend, nothing less"

Report Post Tip

This probably hasn't received the attention that it deserves.

I'm pleased to hear that another of the most prominent figures in our society is out reiterating the importance of having a street presence. I'm also pleased to see that Jade is also seeking embrace that change that she and all the rest of us fought to achieve. It would be pointless not to, so I am delighted to see that it wasn't just hollow sentiment at the time.

Nothing happens overnight and anyone who expects it to is somewhat naive. I prefer to judge people after a reasonable amount of time and I am greatly looking forward to seeing how Los Angeles is reshaped over the coming weeks and months.

~C~

Report Post Tip

My! My! Look at you now...GodMother of Tinseltown.

We go way back, it excites me enourmously to see you in these shoes and I have absolutely no doubt that you will make us all proud. You worked hard in Chicago to get us to this point and then fought again for us. Your work ethic is unparalleled, your devotion to family...endless and your willingness to always help anyone at your door is remarkable. Tinseltown may have a blonde hair, blue eyed GodMother now...but there is a lot of substance behind this gorgeous woman. Already as a city we are making a mark by not using A.I players first week on the job, I am sure there are other great ideas in the works just like this.

It was a pleasure working with you, now it is an honor to serve you GodMother Jade.

Tinseltown has a new mayor, make way for the blonde hair blue eyed GodMother of LA!!!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New Beginning in Tinseltown
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL