Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 06:01:30
Page:  1 
What have YOU done to help change. Started by: junior on Nov 01, '11 14:06

Junior walks up to the streets, he is defend by the out cries of the people asking, "has there been any change", "What difference has anything made", he gets to thinking, he cups his hands around his mouth as if to make a makeshift megaphone, he begins to address the crowd.

I hope to gather you all here to day to discuss. What is you want to discuss I hear you babbling, well I can hear enough people asking what has changed, are we pulling the wool and such but what I don't hear is what do people want to change and how they go about doing it now they have the chance.

Before the Barbarian horde took its frustration out on two of the "problem" men of this world there were enough shouts and complaints and ideals of how this thing of ours should be run and how something's need to change, starting with the overthrowing of Roman and -Premier, yet now all I hear is complaints and questioning if things have at all changed, yet the irony of this is, have you actually told the powers that be what you want, have you questioned the logic, have you come out here and indefinitely told the world what you would like to see without fear of repercussion, the old saying is show me answers not problems, that's something I live strongly by.

If I'm blatant and honest, now I know I can be, for me it was enough just to see someone at least try to overthrow the empire, win or loose it proved to me that this world does have balls and that the power of the people still does have a unanimous say in proceeding, no matter of rank or status. I also think its pretty naive to think things will change over night, we owe it to everyone who stands next to us to allow a new era to develop and grow once more, With people offering their hand and ideas, not forcing their way through the crowds to question if things have changed, when in fact they should be asking themselves, what have I done to help change, what do I want to change. This point in our history is that time.

In saying so, even the general feeling hear is much better, there is a complete abundance of people speaking out and displaying emotion, which is fantastic. I just feel it needs to be channelled into a positive notion, one that can be produced and integrated into this world.

Now I'm not picking an argument with anybody here, I'm simply trying to display an issue that bugs me, an issue that if I'm honest shouldn't really be an issue. All I'm saying is id rather see ideas and positive thinking in the streets but that is just my opinion.

So the moral, if I may is; Have you asked yourself want to you want to change and how you go about doing so.

Junior sits and waits for the onslaught

Report Post Tip

I was trying to recruit some new blood this afternoon when i noticed the new blood had actually expected me to be rude and disrespectful because I am a Consigliere. What is with that? If your so high and mighty that you feel you should take out your problems on someone who is new to the world (weather they be a new generation or new to the world period) I feel you need to take a step back and look in the mirror. And if anyone is doing that I feel thats a change that is sorely needed. Our parents taught us better than that. Now i am not saying you should be all polite and calm if some new blood decides their shit dont stink. I am just saying have some common courtesy for your fellow man(or woman)

Report Post Tip

Well the said situation is not something I have come across as of late, however its pretty ironic as simply put, we all need new blood, showing your arrogance right off the bat is surely going to deter and possible new associates which equates to bad business.

Thing is, some people just have a bad nature by character, it could be that is what there bloodline is known for, who knows but what I do know is it obviously doesn't pay for a made man or above who has the power to recruit to adapt such awful manners and attitude towards what would be an increase in income, man power and population, among many other attributes for a family and a city.

Report Post Tip

The very notion that 'disrespect' is possible from a Consigliere to a nobody is a completely foreign concept to me. Made  guys are untouchable, getting inducted into the upper echelons is the ultimate honour. I'm just a goomba, I expect to be treated with indifference from the top guys. That is the nature of our thing; you don't get respect, you earn it. I mean, Jesus, made guys are untouchable - you need a sit down meeting just to go near one of those fellers!

Money and respect flows uphill, shit flows downhill. That is how our business works. It is a pyramidical structure, not one where we sit around as equals and compliment each other. As a consigliere, Sinfest, it's quite within your remit to come out of here, tell I'm a childish little cocknob and tell me my mother must have kicked me down the street moments after she dropped me on my head. I'm not saying it would come across as the most mature or professional thing to do for a man in your position; but the fact is that a man in your position could do it if they so wanted. Disrespect? Give over.

Report Post Tip

Sprozz, based on hierarchy alone you are right. There are many reasons why people sit in high places and in turn sometimes would not face the same fate as a lower member of this world, all that I grant you and if I wanted to pick on a rank lower then me, for, well shits and giggles then I could, but that doesn't mean I will or I have to behave in such manor. As I said it has to be bad for business.

You can sit there and roar at me, we are the mafia , we can do what we want and for certain examples, again I would be forced to agree, yet id like to think that we as a civilisation, above all else, have evolved and we practice a more patient and controlled measure of speaking and dealing with those who are less than made man, especially those who are fresh faced and looking for a home and a role model, which is the example that was given.

I would fiercely disagree that we could pick out someone who isn't blessed with their made man button and fire insults at them, plainly because they are of a lower rank and I can. Its simply not good business sense. Its definitely not anything I have ever adapted when trying to entice new blood for my city.

Report Post Tip

To answer junior's question that has been put forth, I have been making strides in order to improve our world as best as I can with the talents and resources given to me. Granted, it is little improvement, but every ounce collects together in one positive moment.

To address Sprozz, however, he touches a topic where I hold different feelings.

We are all people. Perhaps I am a Boss, while you are a simple Goomba. Should I piss in your face? Not if I wanted to make a possible friend and business associate. Men who are hot-headed tend to fall quickly, demanding respect out of fear. We have seen this in the most recent war.

So, here is how I stand in aspects of addressing someone who is of lesser rank. I treat them the same way they treat me. Should they disrespect me, I shall return the favor. If they are kind and honorable, then so shall I.

It is a different viewpoint, one I decide that should be adopted by many. It is a sound plan in my eyes where you have the chance to create connections with the younger generations while maintaining your position without rumors spreading that you lack a back-spine.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: What have YOU done to help change.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL