Get Timers Now!
X

May 18 - 23:57:30
Page:  1 
New Statesman - Vol 2; Interview With Premier Started by: ManicStreetPreacher on Nov 01, '11 20:39

The New Statesman

In the second of many opinion pieces from your humble narrator, I, ManicStreetPreacher, will be giving my thoughts on the stories of the day.  Often delving into Nadsat, these will often echo some of the opinions being spoken in the Street, but recorded here for posterity, debate and dissection.

So, my little Droogies, what’s been making the news today?  Well, it hasn't made the news - but your humble narrator has secured and interview with Premier.  A not yet made member being interviewed is news?  Why yes, my vecks, as Old Premier's Old Man was none other than the Godfather of New York -Premeir, who came a cropper via a war that was a whopper.

Viddy well, brothers.  Viddy well.

ManicStreetPreacher met up with –Premier’s son, Premier, for an interview.  The conversation was full and frank.  Prem Jr was open with his answers to begin with but wouldn’t get drawn on names.

I started off by asking what Prem felt his father’s thoughts would be once the attack was initiated;

Premier: That regardless of what the outcome would be, i would be going out the same way i came into this life. With my friends

ManicStreetPreacher: Was it a shock?

Premier: A shock we were under attack? No, we live a life where violence begets violence. I was more shocked by some of the descions of other people.

ManicStreetPreacher: Specifically?

Premier: choices of people who i considered in the same high regard that i held roman in, which was misplaced.

ManicStreetPreacher: Will you get drawn on names?

Premier: No

ManicStreetPreacher: With hindsight, do you think Prem should have reigned differently as Godfather?

Premier: I did what i did, because i am who i am. I can't change what I am, or who i am, and im not really inclined to try to be a differnt person. Could i have made some descions differntly, sure, but would i change who i am, nah.

ManicStreetPreacher: Do you think you will achieve the same success as your father?

Premier: I never set out to achive success, i never set out to be a godfather, never set out to be famous, never set out to be a killer. I was with Roman because he was always with me, and i was with him till the end. It may be a big shock but im not the most liked, and i dont have many people i call friends, but roman is one of those people i call a friend, so i would do anything for him. The biggest success i had as -Premier, i made friends with some people i didnt always get on with in the past, and i now hold them jsut like i do Roman.

To some, this might seem a disingenuous response.  Prem was widely known to have secured massive funding and backing before taking New York by storm.  This is not a criticism of how the late Godfather got his title, merely an observation that the late –Premeir was groomed for success.

ManicStreetPreacher: Aside from the late Roman, who would you class as friends?

Premier: Asylum, IzzyCreamcheese, Deano, Tita, authed, JTG, are a few people i call friends and can trust

ManicStreetPreacher: What do you think of the leaders of the attack on Prem and Roman? In fact, who do you think organised and executed it?

Premier: I have respect for kimble because he had a reason to attack me, everyone else i dont really think much of

ManicStreetPreacher: the so-called 'underground'?

Premier: Kuku was a great speech writer, and i enjoyed going back and fourth with him, but he was only responblie for dick all.

ManicStreetPreacher: The rest of them?

Premier: Rest of who??

ManicStreetPreacher: Those on the infamous list? Do you think they had anything to do with the attack?

Premier: Not really, but who knows.

ManicStreetPreacher: Looking back, was the anti-terrorist treaty the catalyst for the ensuing war?

Premier: Its possible, but it coulda been i was just a dick head 90% of the time

ManicStreetPreacher: What was your attitude to the 'terrorists'? Do you think they had a cause? What was their motivation?

Premier: Didnt really care one way or the other

ManicStreetPreacher: why the treaty then?

Premier: Why not

ManicStreetPreacher: it was a radical step - a polarising step

ManicStreetPreacher: you've become rather teasing with your answers.

Premier: spiced things up a bit

ManicStreetPreacher: that's what the terrorists said they were doing. Was there an element of frustration, coupled with a few breaks in identifying those responsible?

Premier: I wasn’t really frustrated with any of it, they were fucking LV up daily, never really touched me.

ManicStreetPreacher: Speaking of LV - what are your thoughts on Chade?

Premier: Chade is cool

ManicStreetPreacher: His time in LV has been challenging. Why do you think this is?

Premier: Dont know

ManicStreetPreacher: you must have an opinion? Your father had plenty

Premier: He probably upset someone and they shot at his city

Premier: would be the most logically guess

It seems that New York had identified Las Vegas as the focus of the bulk of what became known as the ‘terrorist’ attacks.  This could well be true but it is inaccurate to state that NY wasn’t bothered by them.  They lost substantial amounts of Bodyguards (ParisO, xShadowx, Meresin to name but three) and some members.

ManicStreetPreacher: did your father leave you much in the way of wealth?

Premier: Going back to my previous response, wealth means nothing, friends mean everything.

ManicStreetPreacher: true - but one would expect a Godfather to leave his son many millions. Let me have a number?

Premier: Before i died, i sent all my money to people on the attacking side, as a victory.

ManicStreetPreacher: is that true?

Premier: I sent mrbrick 15 million

Premier: and JesseJames 20 million

ManicStreetPreacher: you sent your enemies the spoils of New York?

ManicStreetPreacher: What is your opinion of JesseJames now?

Premier: Jesse made his descions

ManicStreetPreacher: do you respect them?

Premier: His descions?

ManicStreetPreacher: yes. and him as a person for making them?

Premier: They were his descions to make, so i cant disrespect or respect them.

ManicStreetPreacher: Of course you can. Let me put it a more diplomatic way - with your code of honour, could or would you have done what he did?

Premier: Throughout my stints with your CHicago, jesse became a very dear friend to me, i held his trust, respect, and words in very high regard. JesseJames and i hated each other for a good decade, and in chicago we became very good friends. I have told Jesse things no one else knows, because i trusted him. I considered JEsse a real friend. would i have done what he did, no? But that doesnt change

Premier: the fact he was still a friend in my eyes when he did it. Tis all i will really say on the subject

ManicStreetPreacher: Let's talk about the current situation

ManicStreetPreacher: who do you rate as a leader?

Premier: I apparently couldnt lead my own city, so not really my place to judge others

ManicStreetPreacher: Of course it is

Premier: Nah

ManicStreetPreacher: Your bloodline contains many leaders. You are qualified to talk about leadership

ManicStreetPreacher: If you don't want to answer the question, could you explain why?

Premier: Because how i view leadership is differnt then how others do. I thought i was best leader in the world, other people didn't. I think some people do great and others do shitty.

Premier: But it matters to them and their cities not to me

ManicStreetPreacher: Why did you choose the city that you are in now?

Premier: Kimble and I go back, he is a good leader, and i trust him.

Premier was starting to grow restless.  He was taking longer to answer the questions that were being put to him.  I decided to finish by asking the question that is on everyone’s lips;

ManicStreetPreacher: why do you think so many people had a problem with Prem's running of NY?

At this point in the interview, Premier became evasive and his answers referenced pop culture.  I concluded that now was a good time to stop.  Premier did, however say the following, after referring to the late Godfather of New York as a “nice guy”;

Premier: I guess we always finish last

Report Post Tip

Intruiging read MSP. Just to clarify on one point though, if I may

They lost substantial amounts of Bodyguards (ParisO.......)

Apart from his early life as a gangster, my father wasn't housed in New York during his time as a CL, nor did he lose substantial bodyguards whilst alive. As far as I can recall, he had one or two gunned down whilst picking up some bagels. Small technicality. Other than that a great and candid interview.

Jax

Report Post Tip

I stand corrected, Jax.  I sought an alternative source the background info.  I will be more careful in the future.

Report Post Tip

"ParisO, xShadowx, Meresin to name but three) and some members."

Shadow started off with 5 bodyguards and died with 2

My father shot all of meresins bodyguards when he went inactive.

Seems your facts are a bit jumbled on more then just Paris

Report Post Tip

Dear ManicStreetPreacher,

Thank you for such a well presented interview.  I look forward to many more.

Mr ManicStreetPreacher, did you find it as facinating as I did that Old Man Prem's son talks as if he IS the old man himself.

Hell, you even got carried away with that!

Premier: Its possible, but it coulda been i was just a dick head 90% of the time

ManicStreetPreacher: What was your attitude to the 'terrorists'? Do you think they had a cause? What was their motivation?

Premier: I apparently couldnt lead my own city, so not really my place to judge others

Premier: Because how i view leadership is differnt then how others do. I thought i was best leader in the world, other people didn't. I think some people do great and others do shitty.

I've got to tell you, honoring your parents and carrying on their legacy is one thing...

Loosing ones parent in such a violent manner can leave a jagged bleeding scar on ones pysche.

I hope for his sake, he gets some one to help him work out that identify issue. 

Thank you,

--A Concerned Reader From LV

Report Post Tip

Good Interview ManicStreetPreacher

keep em coming

Report Post Tip

Fairly good interview.   I do like that you pressed on the questions he tried to avoid.    All in all it was a good read.

Report Post Tip

Many thanks.  There will be more to follow.

Report Post Tip

Great read here, MSP.

Nice to see the son of a former Godfather be so open about the past of his father.

Keep up the fine work.

Report Post Tip

Haha. Fair insight into Prem there, perhaps more to be learned from what he didn't say. Good read.

Report Post Tip

An interesting read well presented, i too look forward to your next publication.

Report Post Tip

Righty-right!! Very fine interview indeed MSP, think I will head to the ol' milk bar tonight, Cheers!! 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: New Statesman - Vol 2; Interview With Premier
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL