Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 07:56:43
Page:  1 
Clearly Another Discussion Started by: Clarity on Nov 02, '11 04:14

Clarity had been wondering in and out of the streets a lot recently. Which was nothing new for her or those who knew her mother. There were many people coming to the streets and voicing their opinions. The streets hadn't been this active in a while. Before everyone seemed to keep their heads down and would just walk on by. Only a select few ever cared to step up and speak, but not now.  There were many showing their faces and letting their thoughts be heard.

Standing before those walking down the sidewalk, Clarity was just another object in the way of daily life. That is what life was for others, just another object in their way of achieving their goals. Those walking by her would barely attempt to avoid her. Many would just run their shoulders into hers as they continued to make their way to their destination. If you didn't move with the flow you would be forced to, fighting against the flow of traffic was nearly impossible. She continued to try and stand her ground.

Clarity was doing this to prove a point. Many probably thought she was crazy, but she was showing how hard it was to not just follow the crowd. Things were so much easier if you just moved with them to get to where you were wanting to go. When someone tried to change directions they were quickly struck down, forced to return to the way things were going.

"Sound familiar?"

Snapping back to reality, you look around to see that you had only been imagining the whole thing. Shaking your head you glance over to see a young blonde lady standing before you. Her face held a pleasant smile in greeting to you.

"We were all once apart of this crowd and you now realize why it was so hard to change course. It would take a powerful force to do so. Which we can all say happened."

Clarity took a step down to be more level with the faces before her. She could easily make her voice loud enough for those farther back to still hear her.

"Yet, I'm not here to dwell upon what we all already have heard a thousand times now. I'm here to see what you all think. Why else would I be coming down to your level? If I didn't want to hear what you had to say I would make sure I had a clear path to get away, nor would I be dumb enough to come to the streets."

"I come here to ask what do you think changed our course? No, not the reasons, I could care less about those for I have heard them plenty of times now. If you're looking to talk about those you can respond to the other speeches that people have made. I want to see what you feel is more to blame, whether the blame is good or bad. Do you feel that it was trust and friendship or power and deceit that led to our new life today."

Eyeing those around her she could see people feel a bit uneasy about this.

"Many of you wish to think you aren't apart of the crowd, save me your excuses. You very much are sheep while our leaders are our shepherds, but even they are sheep in their own way. It took this long for people to band together to change what had bothered them for so long. We are all apart of the crowd, until that one little spark. That spark that is in each one of us, those that stand out are those that allow that spark to ignite, but for what reasons?"

"This is why I wonder what pushes you forward. For myself, it is the trust I have of others and the friendships I create. Now don't get me wrong, for you are a fool if you believe that those you call friends will always stand by your side. We are our own person and we have our own thoughts. When things differ we change our minds on each others decisions. Does that make each other any less of a friend if you decide that your friend is doing the wrong thing? No. Sadly, many take such actions negatively and you will perhaps lose that friend for a while."

"Yet, for those who feel power and deceit are what leads this way of life I want to see why you think so. For I do not think it is so. Yes, deceit is a powerful move used in our society, but is it really what leads us? Would leaders auth someone they know is bound to betray them? Uh...I think not! The craving for power makes your very own city turn on their leader. So I cannot see that as something that leads us. Maybe there is just something I do not see. Can you, my friends and acquaintances, tell me or show me?"

Report Post Tip

Copper listens intently to Clarity's speech, formulating his response as she speaks. He taps his head, trying to think of the words to say describe his thoughts. He turns to Clarity, just as she finishes her speech "my friends and acquaintances, tell me or show me?" Ah! That's it... "Acquaintances".

I think deceit is a powerful tool, and the fear that one is being deceived is a constricting thought. I wouldn't say our leaders rule by deceit, otherwise the Barbarian Horde wouldn't have accomplished what they did. Had anyone within their group lied and went to the enemy, the plan would've failed. I think that's evidence against deceit's power, despite the betraying nature of the war.

I'd like to assume that the friendships I make within my family are as strong as steel. Family runs deep, and if you like your family, that weight is a lot easier to bear. From that, I'd say if I decide what they're doing is wrong, I'd simply discuss it with them. As far as inter-city relations go, I try not to extend anything past "acquaintance", just so I never have to act on friendships made outside the city. Sure, I have drinking buddies and I play cards with a few guys from out of town, but I'd drop them each in a heartbeat if my boss asked.

So, back to the topic! Sorry, I tend to get a bit off-track. Deceit cannot rule our world, as it builds foundations on shifting sands. Deceit can change the world, and it can destroy the world, but no one can rule by lies. Sooner or later, that rule will come to an abrupt halt, and the power that came with it will vanish quite quickly. In this world, it's who you know, not... how strong you are. You need help to get to the top, and if you lose that help, you'll fall.

Having friends GIVES you the power.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Clearly Another Discussion
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL