Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 05:20:43
Page:  1 
Tax, What Tax? Started by: AlabamaWorley on Nov 02, '11 13:34

Alabama finds a discarded box with the word SOAP scrawled across it and decides to stand on it while she addresses the passes by

Good day, all.

Some of you may find this interesting, others may not care. Personally, I was simply a little surprised so thought i'd share some useless information with you all.

Before presenting the details I have in this envelope, I would like to ask you all a question... Are you happy with the taxes you face on a daily basis? Your answer doesn't matter much to me, unless you live in Detroit.. then feel free to stop by my door and discuss the matter anytime.

After listening to much recent debates about the hardship our Criminals face these days, with 1% of earnings being swallowed by those new Laundry bastards, and the on going debate on the use of these Robot people being used, I decided to take a little walk down News and Info Drive and check the Posters shown in the Criminals Wanted section (Crews). After doing a quick review of each recruiting family, I took the time to average out the incomes being taxed as a City whole, as opposed to coming here to regurgitate the crew by crew information. I was pleasently surprised to see that the Mafioso of today is feeling the pinch a hell of a lot less than they used to, going by these figures.

----------------------------------------

St Louis

Average Petty Tax: Insanely Low
Average Felony Tax: Obscenely High
Average Drug Tax: Obscenely Low

Philly

Average Petty Tax: Low
Average Felony Tax: Obscenely High
Average Drug Tax: Low

New York

Average Petty Tax: Insanely Low
Average Felony Tax: Insanely Low
Average Drug Tax: Insanely Low

New Orleans

Average Petty Tax: Average
Average Felony Tax: Average
Average Drug Tax: Average

Los Angeles

Average Felony Tax: High
Average Drug Tax: Average

Las Vegas

Average Petty Tax: Extremely Low
Average Felony Tax: Average

Detroit

Average Felony Tax: Low

Chicago

Average Felony Tax: Low

----------------------------------------

Now, having read the above. The answer to the question I asked before, is it still the same? I get the impression when walking these streets that people seem to more and more find it harder to make money, yet when looking at the facts I feel these people get it a hell of a lot easier than I did when I first entered this life of crime.

So, in a round about way, my real question to you all is how do you feel about the taxes you face on a daily basis?

Report Post Tip

Frankly, I don't care about taxes - the boss takes what he needs and that doesn't bother me at all.  If I need more, I ask or go out and scam.

Sure, I'd like to be Extremely Rich, but if I work my ass off that WILL happen.

Report Post Tip

Personally I feel the level of taxes at the present time are very generous. Obviously the level of taxes differ from city to city and crew to crew based on their own financial situation, and these figures go to prove that, but really I doubt anybody could complain that much. Honestly if you're working your arse off you'll be making more than enough money for you and your boss to get fat on!

And if someone out there is the type of person that complains over this.. well maybe you're not cut out for this way of life.

Report Post Tip

I honestly do not mind the taxes set by my city and i believe they are nobodies business but my families.  I did not ask families what their taxes were before i joined and i was lucky enough to have multiple options to join.  I joined a family coz i sat down talking to multiple sponsors, crewleaders, godfathers and hands and felt i talked about the issues the game is facing at present even if i was blunt in some cases.

The truth of tax for me is it is essential to maintain the family and city and develop it, in the present harsh times we face which can be seen as a time of opportunity or a time to plan to reshape this world further sculpting the proverbial clay into something new so not to repeat the mistakes of old.  I honestly dont mind being taxed or the level but i would hope wherever i lay my hat down the line it is going into protecting the most important people in the city and their members.

Report Post Tip

Again id just like to echo the sentiments of my fellow man and women. No matter of what ever the % of a tax be, either way the money I make, whether it be through voluntary donations or I'm taxed out my ass, I kick it up to my Crew Leader. This will always be the way hierarchy works.

Even before the laundry rats started to tax this thing of ours, those % that are on show have more or less been that way inclined. Out of pure curiosity I check them on a regular basis and very rarely do they rise above average. For me the mind-set is, if you earn more actual cash you will donate more voluntarily, so it actually pays to have them at a lower % than a higher rate, in my experience's.

In saying that, even if my Crew Leader decided he needs to raise the tax, then so be it, he then makes his money off me that way.

For those who see taxes as an issue on a daily basis, I suppose its personal preference. I mean nobody has to donate cash that they have earned, there is no written law for such activity but its then a case of looking at ones self and understanding what's the point of being E.Rich. Imagine a crew leader who has 20 E.Rich made men walking around who don't donate, then it's a case of being forced to tax the ass out of them, to gain a return for housing and protecting the said men, tax can and is pretty subjective to a specific point in time.

Report Post Tip

ive always had my own basis on what percentage of my earnings goes up to the boss,so its of very little consquence what tax they set on my earning as its never as high as what i strive to put on the table

Report Post Tip

Never really though about the taxes, Allways new that there is some kind of kickback to the leaders which is expected would have liked to see them compared with the pre war taxes though would be interesting.

Report Post Tip

Now, you bring up a matter which is close to my heart, and on which I would humbly submit my opinion to our leaders as a suggestion for improvement. My opinion on taxes can be summed up in three words: Nine, nine, nine! That is the optimum tax rate that should be charged. I have consulted with all sorts of experts that have examined the tax code and can attest to this optimality.

The reason this is optimum is simple. Any tax rates that are higher than "nine" are going to stifle economic activity. People naturally will work less when they are charged more taxes on the profits of their labors. On the other hand, if taxes are too low there won't be any money being paid up in taxes anyway. There needs to be a balance between these two things. And that proper balance is simple: Nine, nine, nine! Though surely I have no direct say on the matter, I would hope that all can agree with me on this matter.

Report Post Tip

I'll like to brush up on this topic.

Crew Leaders shouldn't have to tax their members. We're expected to kick up the money we earn so that our boss can provide the protection to key members of our family, and spend the cash on other things that may be required. For me, money isn't a big deal. I don't need much to keep me afloat, just enough for my drugs, flights, and perhaps a credit when I desire one. Everything else, I tend to pass onto my leader who will find a much better use for it.

Mobsters who hold onto their task are selfish in my eyes. All the money they hold onto will mean nothing once they die. Perhaps that extra five million would've provided your crew leader better-trained bodyguards. Now, you're sitting in your grave with your money coffin, which will be stolen from lowly grave-robbers.

The taxes are overall low, which means we should be sending up more cash to honor our boss's trust in us.

Report Post Tip

A wiser man than me once said death and taxes are the only constants in life. The way i look at is if we were all doing an honest days work the governments would be taking as much if not more from us in taxes. I have no issue with the boss skimming off the top of my earnings. In fact i encourage him to do it. That way i don't have to find other ways to erm satisfy him.

Report Post Tip

I would just like to say Chewits if taxes is the only way you satisfy your boss your clearly not in PizzaTheHut's crew.   Now Omerta keeps me from telling everyone (including the police) what he does to me, I mean what happens behind closed doors...  but lets just say money isn't the only thing PizzaTheHut likes to get his hands on.

But back to money, yes taxes today are very fair.   I have been in some crew's with insanely high taxes and some with no taxes.  I think leaders realize that if people are not getting taxed as much they will be able to give more in tribute.   Obviously if your being taxed up the wazoo your not gonna have as much money at the end  of the day to kick up.   All in all I feel that with lowish taxes the boss can still scrap the bit off the top that he deserves, and be able to hold his hand out at the end of the day for tribute.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Tax, What Tax?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL