Get Timers Now!
X

May 03 - 12:52:18
Page:  1 
Mayhem in Los Angeles Started by: Shoresy on Nov 02, '23 03:10

Shoresy approached the streets to explain the events that had transpired today knowing no matter what was said no one would be happy, but an explanation was needed none the less and with a sigh he began. 

"Los Angeles had many good people in it. Many kind people. Many genuine people. However, there was always an underlying paranoia in the city. That paranoia was a self-fulfilling prophecy. Going back to the summer, some leadership in LA had expressed concerns about people over on the east coast. We figured this was just remnants from past lives and memories, and past mistakes that they would eventually move on from."

Pausing to take a breath and look around at the destruction around him Shoersy continued

"Los Angeles as a whole was likely not involved in this sentiment. However, they were all close friends and knowing them, they would eventually act against us if the main leaders solely just viewed us as a threat from their own paranoia. We did make attempts to try to keep things peaceful, to build up trust, but it did not work.

"A GFC wearing a #next badge isn’t exactly a good look, but it was exactly that sentiment that made it a reality. However, over time, some negative statements were made again… showing that they were continuing to try and sow distrust against friends based on events from long ago. Finally, a few weeks ago, that same GFC made a reach-out to another city asking to move on us when the other city was ready, and that we were not trustworthy, and the usual spiel. All of this is what eventually forced our hand to act today."

"Maybe LA would not have moved on us so quickly, maybe it was all just talk or they really wanted to see how we were perceived, but why keep up a charade of respect and friendship that was clearly not there to begin with?"

"Now I know this explanation isn't gonna be good enough for everyone and you're gonna have people whine and complain and give what they think are the reasons and that's fine nothing anyone says here ever makes everyone happy it is what it is."

Shoresy steps off his soapbox to go pay respects to some friends who were on the wrong side of bullets missing the good ol days of shooting hockey pucks instead of bullets. 

Report Post Tips: 11 / Total: $220,000 Tip

Could you point me to the suit with said #next tag? I looked but couldn't find it anywhere. Perhaps in this late hour I missed it. 

Report Post Tips: 5 / Total: $160,000 Tip

Spiral strolls into the streets to add a bit of a tidbit. 

... Gin was a truly honorable man and in a terrible position, and many others like his brother JJ, the sweet TM, and of course ClassyLady deserve kind words and funeral visits and flowers and candies! Unfortunately, situations like this happen. Let us honor the innocent dead. 

Spiral goes downward... to the candy shop.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Transistor rises from the nearest couch and listens intently to Godfather Chairman Shoresy after a long evening.

One must protect themselves and their family and city before all else. This is an incredibly unfortunate outcome from a personal perspective, but there was no choice. I considered many of these people friends but when faced with life or death, there is only one decision.

Rest in peace to the fallen.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

9sM listened intently to the Godfather as he spoke about the recent war. It had been a bloody spectacle and both sides had lost good people. People of honour, people who were well respected within the community.

Shoresy, thank you for coming out and explaining what went on. I don't think this was a difficult decision at all, it was kill or be killed. If people can not see that then I'm not sure what else there is to say to them. No doubt some of the kin of the dead may feel aggrieved that they have lost their parents due to something they had no knowledge of, but this is the life we live.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Rupert had been sitting on a bench nearby, reading a book of course. It was an interesting publication titled "Swimming Hole" - but on this crisp fall afternoon it could hardly hold Rupert's attention. The leaves scattered BEEP around him in a swirl as the wind picked up, carrying with it the smell of a freshly baked apple crisp. Rupert was glad to have ditched his duties BEEP today; it was supposed to be his turn to take Professor out for his daily stroll but after the long night they all had last night he figured the old man could use some extra rest. Aethersix would just have to take him out for a BEEP longer walk tomorrow. 

Shoresy started BEEP talking and Rupert tried to BEEP listen to the best of his BEEP ability, but something seemed to be going on with his BEEP hearing... Or perhaps he was having a BEEP stroke. His eyebrows drew together in a combination of confusion and pain. BEEP BEEP BEEP.

He stood abruptly and walked directly up to Shoresy. Rupert rested one hand on Shoresy's shoulder and looked him in the eye with such intensity you'd have thought that the two were lovers.

"WHAT IS THIS NOISE?" Rupert demanded, a big frown on his face. "I'm trying to take in this information but this DAMN noise is making it impossible. I'll assume we're in the clear now?!?"

Rupert tilted his head to the side and started shaking it rapidly thinking that perhaps he had water on his eardrum.

Report Post Tip

Spiral steps out into the empty crowd around Shoresy's speech.

Boo! Your speech sucks! Boo! Do better! Boo!

Spiral hears some BEEPs too, and remembers that he should get a box of Roop-A-Loops, sold at all local stores. 

Spiral leaves.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Nicklin was walking his Dalmatian Diabolik as he was listening to the speech!

He let his dog off his lead and threw a bone at Spiral and Diabolik ran over, caught the bone and then knocked Spiral over.

'Naughty Dalmatian' Nickles shouted as the crowd laughed.

Nicklin picked Spiral up and updated him with the latest news. Diabolik wouldn't stop barking as he was seeing al the bodies and bones laying about 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mayhem in Los Angeles
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL