Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 15:52:20
Page:  1 
Soothsayer Booth Started by: BigEasy on Nov 02, '23 07:43

In the middle of the night BigEasy sets up a booth. It is a simple wooden booth, sealed on all sides except for a large square hole on the front. He covers the hole with a cloth. There are two candles behind the cloth on each side of the hole. There is enough room for a person inside but just barely. 

With the assistance of many guards BigEasy sneaks, what appears to be, a person into the booth. The cloth is closed and nailed to the edges. Each edge sealed with wax, clove, and alder wood. 

BigEasy takes a small knife out and cuts the palm of his right hand. He rubs his blood over cloth and the edge of the booth. He kneels down and says a prayer, "In the dark we meet, in the light we speak, to you I serve, to none I am above."

He wipes the blood from his hand and wraps a small black cloth around it. He sets up a chair next to the booth and waits for anyone to gather. As the first appear he speaks loudly for all to hear.

Hello ladies and gentleman. I offer a simple pact, money to know your future. At the cost of ten thousand dollars I will transcribe the word of the soothsayer. Nothing more, nothing less. Your fate is what determines the words and I do not offer refunds for words that displease you. Once payment is received, either cash or bank transfer, I will write the words and read them for all to hear. No private readings. I offer my own reading as example and proof. 

He closes his eyes, leans towards the opening in the booth, and begins to write. Whispers can be heard coming from the booth but none are comprehendible. As the whispers grow tears stream down from his closed eyes, within moments they turn blood red. He opens his eyes and reads the paper aloud.

"Joys are often the shadows, cast by sorrows. Seek the sorrows and joys you will find."

"Make your payment and step forward to get your fortune."

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Sonny approached the booth warily. Throwing the devil horn sign up to his forehead and spitting on the floor to ward off all evil. Placing a stack of crisp notes on the booth he backed away slowly.  

Report Post Tip

Meliodass was walking aimlessly down the street late at night when she spotted a suspicious looking stall in the distance. She walked closer and found it to be some fortune telling booth. 

Mel was instantly reminded of her fortune telling magic shop that went out of business some years back. Thinking of businesses, her current ones aren't doing that great either. A reading wouldn't be so bad, she thought.

"Hey can I get my fortune read? I would like to know if my businesses will do well...and maybe how my love life will end up?"

She takes out bundles of cash and gives it to the fortune teller.

Report Post Tip

BigEasy leans in, blood stained tears, and inhuman whispers. He writes then reads the fortune of @SonnyFranzese.

"Hidden in the ordinary, you will discover your extraordinary. The journey begins tomorrow."

Report Post Tip

BigEasy leans in, blood stained tears, and inhuman whispers. He writes then reads the fortune of Meliodass.

"New opportunities often come from unexpected places. Embrace the unexpected"

I'm sorry I can't give more specifics. I merely hear the words and document them. I'm the voice of the soothsayer, nothing more.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Soothsayer Booth
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL