Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 03:48:28
Page:  1 
Maybe the grass isn't so green. Started by: Gene_Hunt on Nov 04, '11 19:13

Has anyone had that moment yet where they have stood back, looked around and thought that things are a bit out of control?

My bloodline hasn't been in this world for a long time. It seemed stagnant. Like it needed a spark and by the looks of things it has had a great load of gunpowder placed under it and a box of matches thrown in.

So I watched, from a distance, names begin to appear in the obits. I'm not claiming to know who what why when. Just that big names appeared in the obits. Posters went up about peace and rebuilding. Then big names went down and posters appeared again. Then we have some more death but the posters haven't gone up yet because everyone is still busy filling the obits. I think. Maybe I missed or added some death? So difficult to gauge with long range papers. Anyway...

It leads you to the point of wondering whether having the controlling families and a bit of organised chaos was a good thing or a bad thing right? Wrong? I dunno. This world is interesting when it's like this. Changes happening in real time. Everyone out to scrape their way to the top. There is an edge about life. You don't know if you are going to wake up so you pause, just for a second, before you rise thanking God you've seen the same sight that greets you every morning and not the pearly gates. That brings me nicely to my point and question i'd say.

For all those that so badly craved change and instability are you enjoying it? From what I've seen and heard in my short time thats exactly what it is? Confusion and hear say on every street corner. Is it really firing you up? Or are you having little moments where you're thinking that perhaps it was better when you could have a nice easy life. The money was good, food flowed and you didn't need to keep in shape to dodge a bullet.

Right now, by the looks, any man and his dog are liable for a bullet for whatever reason you please. Now don't take that as having a go because it isn't. It's how you make it to the top from what I remember. But for all those that screamed boredom and for change remember these days. When business is bad, your life is in danger and change is happening all around you. You had it good. Not anymore. So I ask of you, if you are willing to answer, are you enjoying this or do you wanna go back?

Report Post Tip

No-one screamed boredom, at least, no-one credible.  Things were fairly stagnant, yes, but the behaviour of the most powerful amongst us, and the actions of those resisting, made this place very interesting indeed.

For a while, there was a common enemy.  Then afterwards, it was business as usual.  What just happened was a war - there have been many.  Some big, big names went, some less well known.

Things will be stable again - but not just yet.

Report Post Tip

When I was a young man my father, Thor, said to me, "Hercules, son. You must strike forth like a mighty bolt of lightning and blaze a trail as fiery as a thousand burning fields."

Just as my father wanted me to become something. To live my dreams and chase glory others fathers have told them the same, perhaps without the lightning though.
My point is this: In this life there is only one way to to get what you want, you must take it. While there is temporary chaos many will be in the dark but just as lightning brings death it also brings light. Soon we will all get out light and be that much wiser. So yes, I am enjoying this.

Report Post Tip

"Right now, by the looks, any man and his dog are liable for a bullet for whatever reason you please."

That's the mafia. At any moment, anyone could kill you for whatever reason. You actually have to make connections to survive, instead of just getting memberwhored and pettying for the rest of your life. So yeah, the grass is as green as it can get.

Report Post Tip

Cell smirks to himself as he listens to the young man shout on the street. "Yes" he thought to himself. "chaos is good. chaos is needed to allow him to rise. with all of the dominate names gone, my accent to greatness will be all that easier."the embryo that is cell almost shudders. "But, what if I am not allowed to grow to my full potential, to become perfect." Cell, took a second to think. "I may be discovered in the dark laboratory of my master Monet before I have the chance to reign over this tiny world. I must focus on growing, hoping that we remain out of sight for long enough." A couple of bubbles escaped from what seems like cells mouth.

Report Post Tip

Pharol. Are you quite sure thats the Mafia?

I'd say the Mafia has more about it than running around shooting people for whatever reason they please. I'd actually say death should really be the last option as it's bad for business on so many levels.Running round killing people on a whim is more as unruly mob thing.

For a Mob Boss to shoot out then it should be a well thought out plan with solid reasoning behind it. I'm not saying any of what happened recenetly didn't have that but more the fact that you view killing as such an easy option points to recent events going slightly to your head. In the most unoffensive way possible.

So running around 'pettying' and being 'member whored' is not all anyone does. It is 100% not what I am planning on doing anyway. Nor are you for appearing here to comment.

Report Post Tip

Gene_Hunt; you really just misunderstood me then. Which is odd, as I put it as plainly as I could. At any moment, anyone could kill you for whatever reason. How do you interpret that as "running around shooting people"? I'm saying that people are responsible for their actions, and if those actions displease someone who's capable of killing them and they do; that's the Mafia. You either need to keep them appeased or stop them from getting any power in the first place.

Dying for whatever reason and killing on a whim are two different things. If someone has any reason to kill you, you have to do something to protect yourself, otherwise you are "liable for a bullet".

Report Post Tip

This is bullshit my father was killed in the war for no good reason at all it's not fair Oh well looks like I'm in this crew now :(

Report Post Tip

Every action taken by anyone in this thing causes a reaction, with the size of the reaction in proportion to the action and/or the feelings of the affected mobster/organization. Simple enough concept to grasp and this is what I'm going to focus on.

We've have several large actions and the corresponding reactions take place over the last few weeks. Starting with the attempts at blacklisting, fall of Godfather Roman and Godfather Premier's organizations, and the latest aftershocks of violence that spilled out of Chicago. Along the way, countless tragedies both minor and major have occurred that will surely have some sort of effect on everyone here. Either in the near future or down the road.

The boat is going to right itself and business will change towards a more long term and progressive state, similar to before the elimination of CB Incorporated and The Spanish Inquisition. However such things require time and the right personalities involved at the highest levels.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Maybe the grass isn't so green.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL