Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 04:43:00
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Still retired Started by: BillyBathtub on Nov 06, '11 01:55

I agree about the separation of Admin/Game player, and in my opinion that is exactly what I'm doing. Public perception is a very large part of what people judge the administrative staff on. To use the same set-up that mario and Anubis were using earlier:

BillyBathtub announces retirement + Godfather in the game claims he is still playing => Admin Billy can't be trusted at his word

Unfortunately, that post has MADE me separate game from OOC in a very public way so as to avoid the above scenario. As much as I'd hope most people wouldn't buy into what AlabamaWorley said, there will always be a percentage of people who need to be reassured that the Admins are good to their word.

You should know as well as anyone that the moment comments are made that would lead down a road to an Admin being perceived unethical or lying, it is a stain that rarely gets removed from their reputation. So do I WANT to be here? Fuck no. Is it to feed my need for the spotlight? No, I would rather be napping with Kendra. Do I NEED to be here? Yes.

I will continue to preserve my reputation, because down the road, even if people think I'm arrogant for making this thread, if someone accuses me of something they can't think to themselves: "Well, he DID lie about not playing."

Report Post Tip

I actually quite like the idea of throwing this into the open. I've noticed that when admins and assistants ignore rumours and whispers, then it just snowballs into a clusterfuck of accusations. So clearly that isn't something that can be done at this stage anymore. When it is a small community like this, accusations and rumours tarnish the reputations of those who have been targeted and it doesn't actually do anyone any good.

I don't see this is a cry for help or attention, this is clearing the air and nipping any potential accusations in the proverbial bud. Grin, just because you think your opinion matters, doesn't mean it actually does. Ironic that you should claim that someone else is attempting to enjoy and be the focal for the ol' spotlight, don't you think?

Report Post Tip

Pretty certain a large number of people think my opinion matters. Putting the shoe on the other foot, just because you're not one of them doesn't mean it actually doesn't.

It isn't ironic at all, largely because I am the focal point for the ol' spotlight. Check the recent street threads and I'm pretty sure you'll find my name in them multiple times.

~C~

Report Post Tip

I think this is really getting off topic, shouldn't this be about trying to get Grin a seat at the admin table?!

GRIN FOR ADMIN!

Report Post Tip

is it really that hard to just say 'oh sorry i thought it was you' and leave it at that?

Report Post Tip

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Also, you signed it wrong again there, Grinface.

~!@#$%^&*())(*&^%$#@!~

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Still retired
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL