Get Timers Now!
X

May 10 - 03:54:27
Page:  1 
Authority Started by: BennyBeanfarter on Nov 06, '23 19:53

Hello world

Today I try unravel a concept that many in this life have struggled to understand since the dawn of civilisation. First roamed the dinosaurs. Then the caveman and finally us. The Mafia. 

Absolute power corrupts. But what of authority? Har even is it.

A dictionary would tell you this definition:

the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience.

"he had absolute authority over his subordinates"

Very useful. But that's not all we need to define. I look around the six cities of Mafia America and I can see fine examples of bold leaders taking us to the promise land. They are the Authority

I see wisdom. I see power. I see dead people. Them, much like Bruce Willis didn't have authority. Ghosts cannot commit petty crimes nor can they compete in RATs. Weirdly they can compete in Halloween.  But is that authority? What is the point of authority? To keep us safe? To stop us self immolating or trapping our fingers in toasters. 

Points of Authority gives us 99 problems but a bitch ain't one. Which brings me to my final points. 

Who is @Authority?

Is it me? Is it you?

Nobody knows for sure, but I intend to find out. Before the toaster existed bread was just bread but look at it now. An egg salad without an egg is just a salad. Is authority an egg?

Authority poisons everybody who takes authority upon themselves 

Only once we understand can we bring new leaders to the streets.

Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $60,000 Tip

Authority hears his name called in the public town square, he stands on the sidewalk as he listens to BennyBeanfarter's heartfelt speech.

It was quite something. It was emotive, it was well thought out, it was a product of the cultural zeitgeist of the moment, it was crisp, it was well researched, it was dramatic, it was intellectually curious, it was controversial, it was thought-provoking, it was daring, it was educational, it was historically accurate, it was philosophical, it was progressive, it was traditional, it was a product of the times, it was stimulating, it was energetic and upbeat, it was informative, it was engaging, it was eloquent, it was dense with meaning, it was light on the ears, it was succulent, it was beautiful.

Authority was left speechless, all he could exclaim was:

WHAT THE FUCK.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Gigantopithecus was intrigued by the philosophical pondering of BennyBeanfarter and his heart lightened. It was nice to have someone draw the public out of their caverns with a group discussion.

Gigantopithecus did not know Authority well at all. Like everyone else, he had seen him passing by in the streets, and was well aware of his background as a legendary trapeze artist, but little was known about the mechanisms he used to control the actions of all the leaders across the land or about the man himself.

This gave Gigantopithecus a thought - what if there was no ultimate authority? This could all be a ruse.

I think Eric Cartman said it best: "You got no damn authoritah".

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Authority
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL