Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 13:20:04
Game Suggestions
4 Watchers
Page:  1 
Anon Rogue Started by: Carcha on Nov 17, '23 03:37
It amazes me we have a feature that says "Hey that guys building". Thats turned off and on based on the current regimes actions. Why would I need to know who else is in the pool with me? Why does the entire game need to know who was in the RAT drug race?

Honestly no idea how no one has brought this up. That's one of the main features that promote activity ,so the whole "you dont wanna get caught dont shoot them" is a slap in the face to the players, that I'm sure no one is trying to hear.
Report Post Tips: 11 / Total: $810,000 Tip

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/436/943/93f.jpg

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

While I more or less agree that it doesn't need to be public information who's in each pool - it'll still be fairly obvious from the fact that you have to be actively talking in a public channel to even be eligible to be pooled.

So for me, I dunno, seems pointless to remove the names while you have to advertise to everyone with eyes that you're taking part anyway. Maybe I'm missing something though?

Report Post Tip

So for me, I dunno, seems pointless to remove the names while you have to advertise to everyone with eyes that you're taking part anyway. Maybe I'm missing something though?

In a game that regards information as king. It's free information. No one should be able to gauge you are building a gun because MR bot/obits is advertising it.  It's just extremely lazy . 

Report Post Tip

What other information is there? We turned off WS's. I would be all for turning the RAT pool notifications off if WSs were switched on for all kills. 

Report Post Tip

What other information is there? We turned off WS's. I would be all for turning the RAT pool notifications off if WSs were switched on for all kills

You don't need "other" information, knowing who is building is valuable enough ,currently this info is available on lounge for free. Plenty of other ways to gauge someone is building without WS. This has been proven before when we did not have pools and all WS had been turned off. Simply put there is no reason that info should be sitting publicly for anyone to see. 

Report Post Tip

Get rid of the rats. Take it back to working for a gun. Race for the random rogue. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

👆🏻 +1

Report Post Tip

You don't need "other" information, knowing who is building is valuable enough ,currently this info is available on lounge for free. Plenty of other ways to gauge someone is building without WS. This has been proven before when we did not have pools and all WS had been turned off. Simply put there is no reason that info should be sitting publicly for anyone to see. 

Right... so what actual difference will it make if the info is there if people can work it out anyway? Wouldn't that make this suggested change completely pointless?  

Report Post Tip

Right... so what actual difference will it make if the info is there if people can work it out anyway? Wouldn't that make this suggested change completely pointless?

Shouldnt have to explain this to you honestly. You know the difference between effort as you just held a button to get 60 units. You also have jailed to hit 70.  So you know it's a lazy feature. The same applies to an npc telling the player base who is building. 

Report Post Tip

Rats are an accelerated way to build a gun by engaging in direct competition with the public if you choose to do it.  If you want to stay in the shadows then maybe avoid public competitions based on public activity where we reward those who do actions in front of and with the public. You can build with other methods if you prefer the slower and safer way.  Kind of like just doing BG wacks/shooting range back in the day - you were off the radar but built slower. 

You have that same option now - safe and slow - or faster with a calculated risk.  You can choose if you want to take a risk, as well as how much of a risk you wish to take.

If you want to remove all risk associated the public side of rats, then we need to talk about rebalancing the upside if we remove the downside.  Do we add a cost?  1 hour timer?  Difficulty level?  Same location?  Limit per week?  

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $240,000 Tip

A 1 hour timer sounds great on RATs

Report Post Tip
Discussed this a few times with various people. Most crew chats are completely dead so It would be good to increase the crew chat percentage to 100% for rats (although spam is an issue and unsure how that can be controlled) That would build a few more relations within crew too and increase the ‘togetherness’ but also reduce the risk of showing others who is building.

Would mean main would become quieter though.

I agree names should be removed from main when a rat is available and/or remove the top crew list for shooters. (I dare say the top shooters get removed once they are seen at the top quicker than they would if weren’t seen)

Reduce rats to 10 but more often?
10 minutes before you can kill another rat?
Maximum number of rat kills per crew per day/week?
Make a rat +0.5?

Lets be realistic, if you build a gun once in this game you'll always be suspected of building a gun regardless of if main announces your name or WS come back. We all know people pay attention and notice who is on, when they're on, if they pop on and off again every hour. Taking away the ability to name, shame and shit talk in main isn't going to stop people getting killed for building. 

That will always happen. Their "proof" won't be as strong, I suppose since we wont see leaderboards in main, but they'll still do it. And they'll talk a big talk, we'll all argue and cry and throw insults and hands,  and then in a week we'll go back to just playing as usual.

Because that's how this place works. 

Reduce rats to 10 but more often?

It already dies more often than it succeeds. 

10 minutes before you can kill another rat?

Ignoring your first suggestion, this wouldn't make it worth it. +3 to my gun, or even the possibility of a +3 isn't worth spending 30 minutes reading the spam in main.

Also, attention spans are short, swapping back to work or another task online in that 10 minutes runs the risk of more dying before they finish. 

Maximum number of rat kills per crew per day/week?

Fuck that. 

"Hey My crew has 5 really active people who don't sleep and only live to play MR and shoot rats, and because I only have an hour a day to play when my kids are in bed I never get to partake in Rats."

Also how would you factor in 24 Rats or that Ratta event thing? Do we limit anything else in game based on what your crew does? 

Make a rat +0.5?

This I like. I'd even be willing to suggest +0.25 to a gun instead. 

tl;dr - I like being able to blame someone for fucking up the rat. I also like reducing the gun addition. I do not like no lifers ruining my fun. 

Report Post Tip

I agree with everything you said except the last part Georgette. Lowering the amount you get from a kill will just do what you said earlier in your post -

+3 to my gun, or even the possibility of a +3 isn't worth spending 30 minutes reading the spam in main.

It's tough to get people to take part at all, let alone for the full half an hour - and I think reducing the gains will make that problem increase. 

P.S. - no lifers will always ruin your fun. Because that's how this place works :P

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Creating risk for something that is deemed as a reward for activity is not a great promotion for it. In fact it does nothing but cater to this silly ideology everything needs a downside. Even the rewards we receive . Neither Jen nor Deadlysin said anything remotely constructive.  

Lets be realistic, if you build a gun once in this game you'll always be suspected of building a gun regardless of if main announces your name or WS come backback.

I think you are so blinded by your own opinion you dont see how goofy it is. How are you going to suspect someone of building if you have no idea who they are? It baffles me you both think the alternative would not change anything, when it's been proven multiple times it can. Multiple toxxic regimes dismantled by players after anonity was turned on. Majority of the player base agree. You should not see whom is in a pool with you , or who is shooting the rogue at all. It goes against the premise of the game. Yet we give out information that so and so is building. 

You two are both lying to yourself if you think you can still accurately gauge who is building without Mr bot assisting you or the player outright saying it. 

Report Post Tips: 6 / Total: $120,000 Tip

Lets be realistic, if you build a gun once in this game you'll always be suspected of building a gun regardless of if main announces your name or WS come back

I would like to hear how that is even possible without John Doe announcing they built a killer gun in a previous life. 

I would like to know the gun is still sacred. There was a time when gun talk of any sort or anywhere was prohibited. Any questions or comments must be addressed via mail. If violated, you were fitted for cement shoes. 

After reading the input from everyone, I think my suggestion will not only bring back the old school way of working for a capped gun but get more people involved. Too many do not care to go into main to get pooled often. Some don't give a flying rat because they are capped and the race cancels.  Get rid of the rat races. Run random rogues/ettes 24/7. It will be more competitive and could very well raise the activity level amongst many. And more importantly the kill will be anonymous as it should be.  

You want to know how it is possible for someone to assume/suspect something about a player who formerly built a gun? Well you see, they go "Wow they built a gun on X name, I bet they're doing it again."

Report Post Tip
Georgette I'm generally starting to think you just hate this community as your replies dont even make sense you just dont want to see improvement.
How are you making these assumptions on players if you dont know who they are in the first place?
Never thought I'd have to explain to someone on HD some of the fundamentals of the game. Its absolutely ridiculous. Need someone who cares what direction the game is going.
Report Post Tips: 3 / Total: $90,000 Tip

Well you see, they go "Wow they built a gun on X name, I bet they're doing it again."

Are you saying there is no anonymity? 

Report Post Tip

Game Suggestions
Replying to: Anon Rogue
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL