Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 20:35:53
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Auth - Do you even want it Started by: Numbers4Glory on May 13, '08 18:11
YES! I do TestRanks should be giving the opportunity to shine!
Report Post Tip
TESTRANK1 FOR CREW LEADER!
Report Post Tip
VOTE TESTRANK1 FOR A BETTER TOMORROW!
Report Post Tip
You are right Numbers, there are not many people vying for the position anymore because it's as dangerous as it has ever been. If you look at the past 4 months since CP has been in power, basically, it comes down to pleasing them.

I know people think you (CP) are bad for the game, but you (CP) do a good job at what you do. And looking for the talent in newer blood is a tough task because generally they have ideas about what to do but lack the experience to lead effectively the first or second time around.

I feel you made a good speech and it made me think about my own efforts or lack there of. It's pushed me to the point where i have to start becoming more active all around if i ever want that chance of being considered for such an honor.
Report Post Tip
I've been thinking some more since my last reply to this speech, and I agree that it has been a great motivator for people who have been slacking.

However, I can't help thinking that if every single person in this world wanted auth, this game would suffer greatly. Especially if everyone who wanted auth got it. Then we would have 50 leaders, but no one in the families/crews themselves. There must be something said for the little people who support their families and dream of nothing greater than to become their leader's closest adviser or highest earner. Without people that have these dreams, the leaders would have nothing to lead.

I just get frustrated with people who say that if you don't have a dream to lead, then what are you doing here. But what if everyone had the dream, attained it, and then there was no one to support them? I say we give a shout to the people who are supporting the families and are happy with where and who they are.

Because without people to support them, would they really be a leader?
Report Post Tip
I don't agree that it comes down to pleasing CP to survive. We obviously aren't going to tolerate Mr Schemer, but PrinceOfCheese died over a month ago. No auths have been shot by a CP hand ever since and the leaders have been completely independent in their actions.
Report Post Tip
The thing is, even if it did come down to pleasing CP to survive, would that be a new thing? I don't think so, you should have to keep on good terms with those in power, whether it's CP, UN or anyone. If you have recently been authed, you are the newest member of the leaders and as such, will have to play your cards carefully to survive. You will have been given an opportunity, one which isn't granted to most people and one which you should work hard at to keep. If you do get into power and displease those more powerful, more fool you.

So although you don't have to brown nose the leaders, don't aggravate or antagonize those in power as I suspect you'll pay a price. This isn't a CP thing though, this is a power and respect thing.
Report Post Tip
Of course everyone wants auth - but most do not realize the work and dedication that is involved. Its constant work and drama and politics in our criminal world, but it has its good times and its a good feeling to not be held down.

Flexes his muscles nearly ripping his shirt..

With the family doing so much work I have more time for my personal business

Waves at the ladies
Report Post Tip
Getting auth isn't what everyone wants I don't think. Most do but some don't. With the user base so low as well getting auth is just a matter of time till someone dies I'd think. Oh oh oh I gotsta idea.

Next time there is candidates put up for auth, have them do a shootout. Last one standing gets the city.

Smiles.

Gotta work for it anyway and why not die trying?
Report Post Tip
We don't have any worthy candidates to even open up a city for a shootout.
Report Post Tip
I liked it when a city was opened for a week and whoever wanted auth had to fight for it, whoever was bold at the end of the week got to auth and to keep his family. Also it makes the game more interesting. It would be great to see if Numbers and the other leaders will agree to this.
Report Post Tip
It would. It'd motivate me more.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Auth - Do you even want it
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL